Manfred's C-47...

Thread: Manfred's C-47...

Manfred's C-47...

As an unabashed fan of the AH DC-3/C-47 combo, I have grown a bit impatient with the lack of repaints available-- Paul's ("TeiscoDelRay") excepted-- Paul has set a real standard both with his external repaints, and his cockpit textures. I look forward to more repaints becoming available from both AH and other repainters (plus I'm seriously thinking about wading in on the repainting on this airplane and trying to learn the ropes in PBR).

That said, I decided to install Manfred/Jan's long nose LC-47 with skis over the weekend-- which required the base C-47 package. I was amazed at how well this package (and their C-117D package) hold up in comparison to the new AH release. The external model is still gorgeous, and while the systems aren't nearly as immersive as AH's effort, it's still a nice set of packages.

Just my .02...

Kent

We have already released one free pack of new liveries with the upgrade and plan to release more over the coming months. We have decided to release all the livery packs for free. There are currently 38 liveries, most are complete. As we have stated, we are at work on the MSFS version of the DC-3 so that is obviously a priority, but as we do the liveries for that we will probably release a couple mor for P3D.

Bazz...hope it is clear I wasn’t trying to bash AH in the least....Love the product....just surprised more repaints haven’t yet appeared from the user base.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    As an unabashed fan of the AH DC-3/C-47 combo, I have grown a bit impatient with the lack of repaints available-- Paul's ("TeiscoDelRay") excepted-- Paul has set a real standard both with his external repaints, and his cockpit textures. I look forward to more repaints becoming available from both AH and other repainters (plus I'm seriously thinking about wading in on the repainting on this airplane and trying to learn the ropes in PBR).

That said, I decided to install Manfred/Jan's long nose LC-47 with skis over the weekend-- which required the base C-47 package. I was amazed at how well this package (and their C-117D package) hold up in comparison to the new AH release. The external model is still gorgeous, and while the systems aren't nearly as immersive as AH's effort, it's still a nice set of packages.

Just my .02...

Kent
    Im not intending to have a dig at AH, however most of the people who were active painters have moved onto MSFS or havent purchased this addon for a number of reasons.

I dont think you will see many more paints for this by the wider P3D community as the freeware counterpart is still very favorable with many and will continue to be when Gordon releases the PBR P3Dv5 installment.

Members who have read this thread: 0