AW Spitfire
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AW Spitfire

AW Spitfire

I want to convert my AW Spitfire XIV with bubble top to a Spitfire MK IX or XIV c/e with regular canopy. I can not find any decent 3 views drawing of the aircraft.

Does anyone have a nice set of 3 views drawing of the MK IX or XIV c/e? Please email me at acwai@yahoo.com

These are the best ones that I could find.

Thanks!
    Last edited by AcWai; January 2nd, 2021 at 21:20.

I have lots of profiles and detail drawings in various books but no large 3 Views.

- Ivan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    I have lots of profiles and detail drawings in various books but no large 3 Views.

- Ivan.
    Ivan,

Thanks for trying to get the needed drawings.

I have started to build the aircraft. I can reuse almost 60-70% of the parts. I have to rebuild the wings, fuselage, rudder and elevators to use the new texture files from a CFS3 Spitfire aircraft. There are over 30 paint schemes to choose from.

Andrew

I checked everything I have and came up empty on that particular mark, sorry bud.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Andrew, did you get my mail?
    alx

Melius esse quam videri

Quote Originally Posted by alx View Post
    Andrew, did you get my mail?
    Alx,

No, please send that again.

Here is what the aircraft will look like. I used two different set of texture files to see how the wing will fit with the fuselage. The wing fairings will be built next. you can see the red and green alignment marks on the wings and elevators.

Both versions will use the same texture files.

Andrew

Ooops. Please chek your PM.
    alx

Melius esse quam videri

New PM. Please check.
    alx

Melius esse quam videri

Quote Originally Posted by AcWai View Post
    Here is what the aircraft will look like. I used two different set of texture files to see how the wing will fit with the fuselage. The wing fairings will be built next. you can see the red and green alignment marks on the wings and elevators.

Andrew
    Hello AcWai,

I noticed a minor issue with your model.
    The RR Griffon engines on the Spitfire XIV rotated in the opposite direction to that of the Merlin, so the propellers should be pitched in the opposite direction.

- Ivan.

Icon25

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Hello AcWai,

I noticed a minor issue with your model.
    The RR Griffon engines on the Spitfire XIV rotated in the opposite direction to that of the Merlin, so the propellers should be pitched in the opposite direction.

- Ivan.
    Ivan,

Thanks for noticing the error. I have already reversed the propeller pitch with the version 3.0 update. It is now rotating clockwise (pilot view).

Version 2.0 will be mothballed soon :-)

Here is the current status of the new aircraft.

Andrew

It should actually be counter clockwise from a cockpit view.
    Aeroplane pulls to Right on takeoff.

Propeller Rotation & Pitch

This is a Spitfire MkIXc I built a long time ago.
    It shows the correct direction of propeller rotation for a Merlin.
    The Griffon rotates in the opposite direction to the Merlin.

FWIW, All of the recent uploads in the CFS1 area have propeller pitch errors.
    One project even has a Tractor propeller on one side and a Pusher propeller on the other.

- Ivan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Merlin_Prop_Direction.jpg  

Special thanks to Alessandro for sending me lots of Spitfire XIVe photos and drawings. I think the XIVc model is now finished. I am going to build the XIVe and clipped wings for both models.

Ivan Propeller Rotation & Pitch
    This is a Spitfire MkIXc I built a long time ago.
    It shows the correct direction of propeller rotation for a Merlin.
    The Griffon rotates in the opposite direction to the Merlin.

When I first built this model more than 10 years ago, I had the propeller rotating in the correct direction. I saw some recent movies of the regular Spitfire and thought that I had built it incorrectly, so I reversed the propeller pitch for version 2.0 (now I know that is incorrect). I have corrected the propeller pitch in version 3.0. Thanks Ivan for pointing out the error.

Here are the current status of the aircraft:

Andrew,

This is from the Blueprints web site:

https://www.the-blueprints.com/bluep...tfire_mk_xive/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails supermarine-spitfire-mk-xive.jpg  

Ravenna,

Thanks for the website. I have bookmarked it. It has a lot of aircraft drawings.

The XIVe model is now finished. I have to repaint the 2D cockpit panel and finish building the clipped wings.

Here is a current photo of the aircraft.

Great work!

Very classy, Andrew.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thanks for the nice comments!

Here are some new eye candies added to the aircraft. It will be ready within a few weeks.

Frederic has created a nice set of Griffon engine sound for this aircraft. He is also helping me beta testing this aircraft.

I am hoping this is the final version of this aircraft. I have to stop making changes to it daily. It is time to enjoy flying this aircraft.

hi acwai,
    I just wanted to tell you that the new models that you made have a gray 2d object on the cockpit panel
    when viewed in the aircraft selection menu. I did a fix to the ki-84, but with the other models the
    material editor could not read this object and I could not correct it, so it happened with the fw190A,
    if you can eliminate this object before finalizing the plane it would be great

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FIX.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	82338

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxstuka View Post
    hi acwai,
    I just wanted to tell you that the new models that you made have a gray 2d object on the cockpit panel
    when viewed in the aircraft selection menu. I did a fix to the ki-84, but with the other models the
    material editor could not read this object and I could not correct it, so it happened with the fw190A,
    if you can eliminate this object before finalizing the plane it would be great

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FIX.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	82338

thanks
    Allen had answered this same question. It is a CFS2 bug. If you go to fly the aircraft once, then the gray areas are gone when you select the aircraft again.

There are two ways to fix this problem. The clear panel where the gauges are mapped on has to be rectangular. You can use an oversized clear panel to map it all the way outside the VC cockpit, this way, you can use the entire VC cockpit.

2nd method: use a smaller clear panel, then it won't be outside the fuselage. All the VC cockpit panels are elliptical, so you won't be able to place the gauges to 100% of the VC cockpit panel. You can do it if you use lots of smaller clear panels.

I prefer to use method 1, which allows me to use all the VC cockpit panel. If you pay attention to the writings on top of the oxygen gauges, it is quite readable and extends all the way to the edge of the VC cockpit. If I use the 2nd method, you can not display the writings all the way to the edge of the VC cockpit.

The aircraft has been uploaded.

Rami and Kurt: Please delete the first AW SPITFIRE zip file. I have uploaded a new one.

Special thanks to Frederic and DJ Diggs for beta testing the aircraft.

Thanks for your interest in this aircraft.

Aw spitfire

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

Description: VERSION 3.0 April 2021

New features:

new model with new texture files.
    new 2D cockpit with 1600 x 1200 bmp file
    higher resolution VC gauges with 2X in size
    glass effect (optional topper.bmp, remove this file if you like the semi opaque glass)

Visual model : acwai

Textures: modified by me by using texture files from a CFS3 Spitfire painted by Nigel Dickinson. I used some of the original art work by Alessandro Biagi, and Phanis. I have included
    some textures files from the Seafire_MKIII (A.F.Scrub, email: af_scrubbypc@hotmail.com).

Damage profiles: acwai, weapons by DJ Tiggs

Airfile by: acwai, it was tuned to fight against the stock CFS2 Zero aircraft in the multi-player mode. You can use any Spitfire airfiles.

2D panel: screen captured from the VC

Gauges: I modified some of the gauges, I don't know the original designers of some of those gauges. They are mostly from Alphasim.

Sound files: Frédéric BOURMAUT

DISCLAIMER

Use this program at you own risks, the author is not responsible for any damages done to your computer.

This is a copyrighted freeware program. FREE DISTRIBUTION ONLY. You may upload or post this unmodified aircraft to any web sites. This program can not be posted where a fee of any kind is required or even nagged for. This includes disk distribution or any other kind of fees. It can not be included in a commercial package.

Have fun!

Andrew

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AW SPITFIRE
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

SOH-CM-2024

Icon9 AW Spitfire

Hi All,

The Download Link to Andrew Wai's Spitfire is corrupted !!
    You get ERROR 404 all the time.

Regards,

When I was uploading the first and second Spitfire AW SPITFIRE and AW SPITFIRE-1), I got an error message. I am not too sure whether it was uploaded correctly.

Members who have read this thread: 1