Winter ETO

Thread: Winter ETO

Winter ETO

A first for me, I am experimenting with some scenery changes to on of my ETO Theaters. Replaced my normal water with Shessi's winter set and land textures with Simonu's winter textures. It produces a starkly beautiful look. I would never have expected such change could be so appealing. Of course the airbases remain green. So, you can easily spot them in flight. Still they aren't that frequent and it doesn't spoil the view. I'm going to try his Hard Winter textures next.

The texture change did show up one blemish that I hadn't noticed before. Adjacent to the airfield at Aspelare is one of those black squares. Not sure if this is Belgium or France. If anyone can offer a fix I'd appreciate the tip.

Library Staff
    Hi Worthless,

You need Gius_RJ_Euro_Rural_Buildings.zip from the CFS2 Scenery Library Objects section. Villag1.bmp is missing.

Kevin

Many thanks KD.

Afraid that wasn't the issue KD. I updated Gius's scenery No joy!

Library Staff
    There's only two bitmaps at Aspelare: Aspelare.bmp and villag1.bmp which is immediately south of the airfield. Is that where the black square is?

If so, copy all of the Gius village bitmaps into your main TEXTURE folder.

I keep all aerodrome/industrial/urban background textures in the main TEXTURE folder rather than the SCENEDB/inf folder. If any of them are called for other scenery, they are then available.

I hope that works Worthless.

KD

Bingo!

That was the answer. Thanks for the tip KD. Would never have occurred to me. I've copied Tex files from SceneDB/World/Tex files to main CFS2 TEXTURE before but never SceneDB/inf/tex.

Members who have read this thread: 0