Tachometer pict needed

Thread: Tachometer pict needed

Hybrid View

Tachometer pict needed

Hello WWI old crates fans
    I'm in research for a new WWI project, does someone has a detailed pict for this lovely RPM Tachometer, showing what is written on

Thanks and a happy new year

Cheers
    Martin Klein
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tachometer.jpg  

Could you tell us what aeroplane this is?

Hello Ivan
    Thanks for your answer, it's from a Re8 panel, and I already saw a pict with this peculiar RPM on a Sopwith Triplane panel.
    I found interesting to reproduce this one cause of the excentered offset.
    I work on C gauges from about two years, I'm not a programmer, but with many experiments I succeed on some results, I noticed you work on gauges too, Ivan, and would have some questions on points where I don't succeed, if I don't bother you course

Cheers
    Martin

Hello Klein,

What simulator are you programming gauges for?
    I actually don't have much more experience with gauge programming than you do but I will help if I can.....
    On the condition that YOU help me if you can. There are a few things I still don't know how to do.

If you have been working on gauges for a couple years, then you already have a working development environment.
    You probably also figured out that knowing C programming doesn't really help all that much.

Good Luck!
    - Ivan.

Hello Ivan

I'm happy to have some exchanges with somebody making gauges, I'll feel less alone.
    I make gauges for CFS2, and fitted several Stephan Scholz's WWI planes, between others, with their instruments, some adapted from FS2004 XML gauges, or completely made from scratch.
    I use Visual C++ express SP1 to compile, with the windows SDK's setted up, and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2K2 SDKs.
    VC++ express don't permit to compile gauges with the use of the windowed interface, but using the DOS prompter, it works fine for me both on a laptop with windows XP and on the family computer with Windows 8.5.
    If the tiny knowlege I got can be usefull, Yes I'll be happy to help.
    Actually, I don't succeed on setting up a mouse drag (moving a knob or a needle by dragging it with the mouse, as on some throttles), and I don't suceed too to fit a multi-engine plane with a fuel selector per engine (but wonder if it's possible?)
    I strongly recommend Dai Griffith's tutorial on C gauges, that helped me a lot (and I didn't still succeeded to send him a thanks message). The relevant tutorial for FS2K is SD2gau12,available at SimViation, with later versions the gauges don't show.

Best regards
    Martin

Hello Klein,

Other than a few details, it sounds like we are pretty similar in experience level.
    You use the FS2K2 SDK for CFS2, I use the FS2000 SDK for CFS1 and we use different compilers and that is about it for differences. The compiler I use is Visual Studio 2005. Its output can be run on anything from Windows 98 through Windows 8.1. Later compilers often can't compile programs that will run on the older systems. I test most things on Windows 98 and Windows 2000. I don't have a simulator installed on my Windows 8.1 laptop. My background is as a Unix/C programmer, so I don't really like IDEs and am pretty comfortable with Makefiles and the command line interface.

I have just started working with Fuel Selectors and am pretty sure that I can build a multi engine setup, but since I have not done it, I can't really tell you how.
    I currently have no trouble programming the mouse clickable gauges such as a Magneto or similar but haven't gotten to throttles yet.
    I believe I have looked through the same tutorials that you have though I seldom am able to find exactly what I am looking for.

- Ivan.

Members who have read this thread: 1