New WIP scenery for NAS Chase Field
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New WIP scenery for NAS Chase Field

New WIP scenery for NAS Chase Field

Hello everyone,
    I have been working on a new scenery for NAS Chase Field in Beeville, TX. Here is my progress so far, about 1/3 finished, just using ADE and default objects because I do not have any 3d model programs to make the custom navy buildings. If anyone is interested in this being uploaded to the library when I finish, let me know. And if anyone would be willing help with the photo scenery aspect and/or custom buildings, that would awesome and very much appreciated, because I do not have custom 3d model software nor can I get SBuilderX to work on my computer.

Regards,

Goshawk45
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.jpg  

I'm very interested in NAS Chase Field being uploaded to SOH library. I've come to realize that there is no such thing as too many US military installations in FSX. Thank you very much goshawk45!

Count me in! Flight instructor there, two tours, TF-9Js and TA-4Js. A very good base for operations.

Thank you !
    The more you do, the less you dream

Check your PM's.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thanks everyone for the input, I will upload it once I complete it. By any chance, do you guys know how to add the FLCP zones on the runways, I cannot figure it out?

Goshawk45

Falcon409, here is the screen shot of the issue I am having lining the field up with the satellite image. What do I need to change? P.S I am new to ADE so I probably overlooked something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-12-31_13-46-45-966.jpg  

I am going to send you a PM explanation.

Current System Specs:

Progress report, nearly there! Thanks Ed for all the help, got it sorted out and now it is a matter of lining everything up. So close!

As a point of interest, Bush I used to land there, mostly in a VC-9 to go quail hunting on a local ranch.

Never really caused much of a hubbub. The 747 could have used it as well, but I don't recall seeing it in my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    As a point of interest, Bush I used to land there, mostly in a VC-9 to go quail hunting on a local ranch.

Never really caused much of a hubbub. The 747 could have used it as well, but I don't recall seeing it in my time.
    Thanks for the story Mike, very interesting. I am trying to learn all I can about this air field.

Progress update, I have done the autogen exclude polygon and lined the field up with the image provided by Falcon409. Basically done, but I am having an issue with an object that fsx put in this spot by default and it is not getting excluded by the polygon. Does anyone know how to fix this, or is it un fixable?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tx2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by goshawk45 View Post
    Thanks for the story Mike, very interesting. I am trying to learn all I can about this air field.
    This from a fairly recent issue of TAILHOOK magazine. 2 pages as attachments. The helo was for SAR, the US-2B was a station "hack". At the time there were two squadrons of TA-4s and one quite large T-2C basic jet squadron feeding the two advanced squadrons, This was taken in the early 70s I believe, when the TF-9J was being phased out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NAS Chase (1) - Copy.jpg   NAS Chase (2) - Copy.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    This from a fairly recent issue of TAILHOOK magazine. 2 pages as attachments. The helo was for SAR, the US-2B was a station "hack". At the time there were two squadrons of TA-4s and one quite large T-2C basic jet squadron feeding the two advanced squadrons, This was taken in the early 70s I believe, when the TF-9J was being phased out.
    Thank you for the article, I look forward to reading it.

Next time you open up ADE, look on the tool bar for Lists, look down the drop down menu for "Scenery objects", select "Select all" in the lower left hand corner, all scenery objects should be highlighted, select "Delete", lower right hand corner. All scenery objects should vanish. export and load up sim to see if it works, hope this helps

Now You Tell Me!

Hey Ian,

I should have made a post about that stupid elusive fuel tank when I did Hawthorne AAF from 1943-45 back when I was flying the GAS PT17 Stearman. It was not right on the runway but obvious about a few hundred yards to the right of it in a field. No matter what I tried I could not get rid of it. I will reopen the airport next week and see if I can do what you suggest and get rid of it.

Thanks, your welcome. Sometime's, objects will appear just outside the ADE airport boundary, in which case, the ADE exclude tools wont work, you'll need some bigger guns like SBuilderX

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Next time you open up ADE, look on the tool bar for Lists, look down the drop down menu for "Scenery objects", select "Select all" in the lower left hand corner, all scenery objects should be highlighted, select "Delete", lower right hand corner. All scenery objects should vanish. export and load up sim to see if it works, hope this helps
    Thanks, I appreciate it. It worked, got rid of that tank in the middle of the road on the base.

Here is the problem I am having with the photoreal texture now with the updated bgl Falcon409
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by goshawk45 View Post
    Here is the problem I am having with the photoreal texture now with the updated bgl Falcon409
    I'm sending you a new bgl, the Null Value in the inf file needed to be changed.

Current System Specs:

Would you post another shot from the "top down" view and show more of the surrounding default texture. I can correct the color on this one much better than it is so that it merges well. I just need the default to show more so I know how much to tweak it.Thanks.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Would you post another shot from the "top down" view and show more of the surrounding default texture. I can correct the color on this one much better than it is so that it merges well. I just need the default to show more so I know how much to tweak it.Thanks.
    Can do, no problem. I will post one here shortly.

Falcon409, here is the screenshot as requested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails color.jpg  

Thanks, doesn't seem to need much so I'll work on it this afternoon. I'll also add the vegetation around the base with the Annotator. One requirement is that all the objects should be set to "Allow Autogen" and any that sit on the ramp or anywhere where an aircraft might taxi, I always set to "No Crash". The "allow vegetation" one is important because without it, the bounding boxes for the various objects will override any vegetation.

Current System Specs:

In my testing of the runway lights, I noticed a problem at night with the photo real part of the scenery. It remains bright, kinda confused.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error2.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0