New WIP scenery for NAS Chase Field - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New WIP scenery for NAS Chase Field

Quote Originally Posted by goshawk45 View Post
    In my testing of the runway lights, I noticed a problem at night with the photo real part of the scenery. It remains bright, kinda confused.
    That's because photoreal scenery is not inherently seasonal. If seasonal changes (or night versions) are required those have to be done as separate textures and then compiled as part of the "photo01.bgl". All I gave you was a daytime, one season image. Many of my sceneries are done as Summer/Spring only because I don't feel like messing with the process of tweaking the color for individual seasons and certainly not for hard winter which, while I can do it, has never matched exactly how the default is done. Those who know have never been able to tell me exactly how, seems like it's some deep dark secret that they'd rather not divulge, lol.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    That's because photoreal scenery is not inherently seasonal. If seasonal changes (or night versions) are required those have to be done as separate textures and then compiled as part of the "photo01.bgl". All I gave you was a daytime, one season image. Many of my sceneries are done as Summer/Spring only because I don't feel like messing with the process of tweaking the color for individual seasons and certainly not for hard winter which, while I can do it, has never matched exactly how the default is done. Those who know have never been able to tell me exactly how, seems like it's some deep dark secret that they'd rather not divulge, lol.
    I understand, no worries. I will just fly during the day then.

I understand, no worries. I will just fly during the day then.
    I can make a night map easily enough. I was just explaining why you were seeing a glowing ground texture at night.

Current System Specs:

I can make a night map easily enough. I was just explaining why you were seeing a glowing ground texture at night.
    Roger that, I really appreciate the hard work you have put in. Here is the only issue with the latest photoreal file I am having. The color is great, blends with stock well, but the buildings have this weird red speckling all over them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error3.jpg  

I thought I had that fixed. . .grrrr. That happens when compiling an image that has solid white areas (255,255,255). That registers as red when compiled. It can be fixed by adjusting the "Null Value" in the inf file, which I thought I had done. I'll fix it and check it before I upload it.

Current System Specs:

I thought I had that fixed. . .grrrr. That happens when compiling an image that has solid white areas (255,255,255). That registers as red when compiled. It can be fixed by adjusting the "Null Value" in the inf file, which I thought I had done. I'll fix it and check it before I upload it.
    No worries, I thought it was an issue on my end, thanks for fixing it!

**update**

Scenery package is nearly done. Thanks for the help everyone, could not have done it without y'all! Read the install readme, you have to have a few different freeware models and objects for the scenery to function properly.
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    3.5 Ghz AMD 6300 processor
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

Paintshop

Attention! Two T-2C buckeyes have just arrived at the paintshop that need to be repainted into proper markings. All hands turn to!. That is all!

Two things

Do you have the main gate?

interesting that there are sailors not marines on the gate.

Also when I did airfields I noticed that the water towers were always checkered like this:

I have the bgl for this water tower that there were four of at NAS Alameda.

Let me know if you need either one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chase_TX_gate.jpg   Chase_TX_hangars.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Do you have the main gate?

interesting that there are sailors not marines on the gate.

Also when I did airfields I noticed that the water towers were always checkered like this:

I have the bgl for this water tower that there were four of at NAS Alameda.

Let me know if you need either one.
    That would be excellent, thanks! I do not have a file for the main gate. And thank you for repainting the Buckeye's!
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

Yess

That would be excellent, thanks! I do not have a file for the main gate. And thank you for repainting the Buckeye's!
    I will do the main gate and send it to you by next week with the RAZBAM T2C VT-26 textures. I will include the checkered water tower bgls and textures too.

Wet Paint

Well, here is the first T2C Buckeye repaint for VT-26 at NAS Chase Field in 1989. I found an excellent site of photos online for reference. Like the VT23s I did a few years ago, they're "all the same, but different" as my uncle Gus was so fond of saying when we built U.S. Navy warships. Subtle differences you have to look for. This is the first of probably six repaints for the Buckeyes at Chase Field. VT-26 earned the Navy Meritorious Unit Citation which is evidenced by the ribbon on the nose. On the tail I had to enlarge the original photo and though blurry I remembered it from my time at NAS Glenview, Illinois as the Navy Aviation 75th Anniversary emblem and then hunted and found the artwork. One of those subtle differences. Here is a screenshot of the side view and also a shot of the custom VT-26 HGU-33 "bone dome" as my friend, flying in heaven's airwing now, a Desert Storm Marine Pilot called them, with a custom Dymo tape label.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VT-26 Modex 663.jpg   Closeup HGU-33 custom.jpg  

Well, here is the first T2C Buckeye repaint for VT-26 at NAS Chase Field in 1989. I found an excellent site of photos online for reference. Like the VT23s I did a few years ago, they're "all the same, but different" as my uncle Gus was so fond of saying when we built U.S. Navy warships. Subtle differences you have to look for. This is the first of probably six repaints for the Buckeyes at Chase Field. VT-26 earned the Navy Meritorious Unit Citation which is evidenced by the ribbon on the nose. On the tail I had to enlarge the original photo and though blurry I remembered it from my time at NAS Glenview, Illinois as the Navy Aviation 75th Anniversary emblem and then hunted and found the artwork. One of those subtle differences. Here is a screenshot of the side view and also a shot of the custom VT-26 HGU-33 "bone dome" as my friend, flying in heaven's airwing now, a Desert Storm Marine Pilot called them, with a custom Dymo tape label.

This looks great, thank you!
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

Blog Entries
    This is such awesome news - can't wait for another training NAS. Thanks in advance Gosh and Tgy!

I'm in the middle of "putting myself" through a self-guided NAVAIR training regimen, from Basic to CARQUAL, just to tighten up some skills (VOR nav, etc.). So this will be a great place to dust off the T-2 and TA-4J in.

Many thanks!!

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    This is such awesome news - can't wait for another training NAS. Thanks in advance Gosh and Tgy!

I'm in the middle of "putting myself" through a self-guided NAVAIR training regimen, from Basic to CARQUAL, just to tighten up some skills (VOR nav, etc.). So this will be a great place to dust off the T-2 and TA-4J in.

Many thanks!!

dl
    Glad your excited, happy to make this NAS! I hope you enjoy it! Also, we will hopefully be starting a virtual training squadron on Join FS and Team speak, so we can go flying around the virtual skies in FSX together. Practice some formation skills and such. More details to follow
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

Gatehouse 1011-A

Here it is after 12 hours of hard work of Sketchup to MDCx to ADEx to Sketchup to MDCx to Adex "ad infinitum" it is finished, beautiful and no flutters AT ALL. To God be the glory for His Inspiration when I was ready to pull out what little hair I have left at 73. LOL! I'm sending over the bgl and dds for Gene to place on the field.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chase Field Gatehouse 1011-A.jpg  

**update****realeased**

This scenery package has now been released. Please download and enjoy! Be sure to read the install instructions, because this scenery has a lot of components from other freeware developers. Special thanks to tgycgijoes and Falcon409 for all your help creating this package.
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

Scenery Looks Great

Here are three screen shots that I just took driving around the base a bit in my Jeep. I drove from the flightline out the back gate; picked up Pizza and soda at Pizzarrific and then home for the night. As a LCDR I got base housing right by the gate. Like my red JEEP?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Work Day Is Over.jpg   c0zer2uk6vdws9i6g.jpg   q011xj8jpgaa58a6g.jpg  

Another RAZBAM T2C Repaint

Here is my second repaint for the RAZBAM T2C for VT-26. Like I said above there are a lot of variations. This is quite different than most of the T2C trainers at NAS Chase Field.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 158583 C644.jpg  

These T-2's look lovely, thanks for painting them.
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

Here are three screen shots that I just took driving around the base a bit in my Jeep. I drove from the flightline out the back gate; picked up Pizza and soda at Pizzarrific and then home for the night. As a LCDR I got base housing right by the gate. Like my red JEEP?

Looking good
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

Repaints In The Library

These T-2's look lovely, thanks for painting them.
    Yor're very welcome. I am going to post them in the Warbirds Library this afternoon. Finished yesterday.

Yor're very welcome. I am going to post them in the Warbirds Library this afternoon. Finished yesterday.
    Awesome stuff.
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

Members who have read this thread: 0