KDAN (Danville Regional Airport) is finished.

Thread: KDAN (Danville Regional Airport) is finished.

SOH-CM-2024

KDAN (Danville Regional Airport) is finished.

I sent it up to the warbird Library a week or so ago and got wrapped up in Christmas. Look for: cazdesign-kdanscenery.zip.

I finished the fencing and also moved two hangers and the terminal. One hanger was too larger, so it was scaled down. By moving it forward and scaling it down, I got rid of the AI traffic problem to boot. After you open the zip, simply drop the package in the Packages/Community folder in MSFS's LocalCache folder. If you have my initial KDAN scenery I uploaded to SOH, just delete it from the Community folder and do away with it from there.

Thanks,
    Cazzie

I'll be grabbing it as soon as I'm back on that 'puter! Been chillin' on the couch watching Netflix all afternoon...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH-CM-2024
    Let lead you to a surprising little documentary on Netflix, "My Octopus Teacher". Have the family watch it with you.

https://www.netflix.com/watch/810450...4%2Cunknown%2C

My family consists of me and my dog, but I might just have a look. This afternoon, it was Peppermint with Jennifer Garner. The things her character did in the name of vengeance were extremely cringe-worthy! I have the scenery installed, and I'll try it out after supper!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

And isn't Netflix a great week to lose a week or so!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Got time to at least fire up the sim and do some looking around with the drone - looks great and no hit on frames!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH-CM-2024
    Well. I got a set of Thrustmaster rudder pedals for Christmas. First thing, they are simply plug and play, you'll need to disable the brakes and rudder twist on your control stick, if that is what you use. Second thing, do not try using them in a chair with rollers, LOL! Serious, use a stationary seat. Final decision: they are marvelous handling aircraft in the air, but I am a miserable failure taxing with the damn things. But I am sorry, in spite of all the things wrong with MSFS, FSX bears no comparison and I have about every add-on scenery out for they USA. The one thing MSFS needs the most are the seasons, shouldn't be any leaves on deciduous trees now.

Cazzie

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    The one thing MSFS needs the most are the seasons, shouldn't be any leaves on deciduous trees now.
    That's supposedly "in progress" with Asobo. But it brings to mind the cringing that used to come up here when someone said "soon!"
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Well. I got a set of Thrustmaster rudder pedals for Christmas. First thing, they are simply plug and play, you'll need to disable the brakes and rudder twist on your control stick, if that is what you use. Second thing, do not try using them in a chair with rollers, LOL! Serious, use a stationary seat. Final decision: they are marvelous handling aircraft in the air, but I am a miserable failure taxing with the damn things. But I am sorry, in spite of all the things wrong with MSFS, FSX bears no comparison and I have about every add-on scenery out for they USA. The one thing MSFS needs the most are the seasons, shouldn't be any leaves on deciduous trees now.

Cazzie
    The sensitivity settings in MSFS in general still need a lot of fixing. I honestly do not understand at all what the 7 different adjustments really are supposed to do, but every time there is an update to MSFS they seem to go belly up again
    But there is a solution....and long time simmers know and love it. FSUIPC does a beautiful job clearing this mess up and the fact that you can make custom profiles for individual aircraft means that you can use an unused Prop lever for example in the DA62 as a trim axis etc etc.

I use a relatively old set of CH Rudders and they need to be turned down quite a bit using the built in sensitivity in order to work smoothly on the ground. Something like -55 or I think is where I ended up with.

Cheers
    Sunny

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post
    The sensitivity settings in MSFS in general still need a lot of fixing. I honestly do not understand at all what the 7 different adjustments really are supposed to do, but every time there is an update to MSFS they seem to go belly up again
    But there is a solution....and long time simmers know and love it. FSUIPC does a beautiful job clearing this mess up and the fact that you can make custom profiles for individual aircraft means that you can use an unused Prop lever for example in the DA62 as a trim axis etc etc.

I use a relatively old set of CH Rudders and they need to be turned down quite a bit using the built in sensitivity in order to work smoothly on the ground. Something like -55 or I think is where I ended up with.

Cheers
    Sunny
    You can bet I have payware FSUIPC7 for the sim/game, whatever the genre.

Members who have read this thread: 0