Piaggio / FW P.149 released (ATSim)!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piaggio / FW P.149 released (ATSim)!

Piaggio / FW P.149 released (ATSim)!

Im glad to see that P.149 was released now for MSFS! I have it already. It's more advanced addon for MSFS till now on the market!

LINK: http://atsimulations.com/focke-wulf-149-msfs#

Product features:- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 platform supported
    - Interior and exterior sounds recorded from a real plane
    - Flight dynamics by Alexander M. Metzger fine-tuned for new MSFS physics
    - Accurate exterior and virtual cockpit
    - Ultra-high resolution textures
    - 9 liveries in the base pack

The P.149 is a very nice addon with many advanced functions, I am surprised that such a good job was done without finished SDK by Asbo/Microsoft. Im waiting for his An-2 too in MSFS. Crg for this release for developer.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks for the HU.

That sure is a must have for me. Looks and handles superb.

Alex
    Last edited by grunau_baby; December 27th, 2020 at 03:22.
    Dont grow up! ... Itīs a trap!

It does indeed look wonderful, although that German scheme with invasion stripes is... just weird!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

maybe you like this more?

Wonderful model!
    jk10349

jk10365

jk10366
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

And a great balanced flight model, but still quite a challenge to trim.

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... Itīs a trap!

Many very nice shots.... Asobo lets everyone be an artist ; )) !

Btw. check this panel lamp (on front and top windshield - 100% animation with the light, wow!)

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Looks fantastic but the video is a stutterfest. Hope that's the result of how the video was recorded/processed, and not an indication of how the airplane is going to perform in the sim. Any early buyers able to report?

EDIT: No performance issues reported on the MSFS forums, just some small first-version glitches (e.g. radios won't start on cold start, CTRL-E is required to get them going). Getting a really good reaction, so I'm ready to jump in.
    Last edited by Alan_A; December 27th, 2020 at 12:29.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    Looks fantastic but the video is a stutterfest. Hope that's the result of how the video was recorded/processed, and not an indication of how the airplane is going to perform in the sim. Any early buyers able to report?

EDIT: No performance issues reported on the MSFS forums, just some small first-version glitches (e.g. radios won't start on cold start, CTRL-E is required to get them going). Getting a really good reaction, so I'm ready to jump in.
    Yes, I didnt notice any FPS impact in the sim (you have right about video). It works well for me too.

Well, it is crystal clear that it needs a patch to solve some issues. There are some flickering with the landing light glass, apart from the bugs already reported but it is a pleasure to fly. best 25 bucks spent in FS20.
    For me, this is the first real commercial release for FS20.

It should be nice if they can add the dynamic registration to the model. It shouldnīt be too hard to implement as some less skilled developers already did it.

Yeah, arguably the best addon aircraft in the small field of models available, worth every penny!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

One note about the trim and the flight dynamics, if you have a controller that has a spare slider/lever, you can set that as an alternate pitch trim control (other than hat buttons) that will allow you to fine tune the pitch trim much faster than a hat button will react. I have the slider on my Warthog throttle set up for that but I had to roll back the sensitivity to -95 to make it to where changes in trim weren't so jumpy. Rapid pitch trim changes are really needed for the approach and landing phase as this model feels like a real aircraft of that size/weight range beginning to feel very nose heavy with the power off. Likewise, if you do a touch and go or go-around, you will have way too much up trim as the power comes in and need to rapidly re-trim down so you won't risk a departure stall. There is also a tendency for the model to roll slightly power-on. You can tame that by adding in rudder trim or manually holding on a bit of boot in the rudder. As you level off and set the manifold pressure and prop rpm, the torque bank/roll tendency will dissipate. It settles right in trim nicely. One other thing I saw, I did a simple aileron roll and the Attitude Indicator locked up (tumbled). Be sure to cage the AI before doing aerobatics!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Jankee,
    Are you gonna make those liveries available???

I am interested. How deep is the simulation model? Especially regarding engine starts, etc. In the manual it looks like they copied the original checklists. Does it actually start on primer only with mixture in ICO?
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    I am interested. How deep is the simulation model? Especially regarding engine starts, etc. In the manual it looks like they copied the original checklists. Does it actually start on primer only with mixture in ICO?
    Yes, it seems to be pretty deep even though the systems aren't that complex in general. Yes, it will start with the primer being pumped a few times and mixture in the Cutoff position but the mixture control automatically moves to Full Rich position on start without the assigned mixture control being manipulated.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Yeah, arguably the best addon aircraft in the small field of models available, worth every penny!
    I totally agree. I was not going to buy another aircraft for fs2020 until the bugs got sorted. This is the best flyer so far. The attention to detail is amazing.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Thanks for the comments, Iīve placed my order. Will check it out later.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Uboat commander.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by firerx View Post
    Jankee,
    Are you gonna make those liveries available???

Mmmm, let me think about this...

did you guys figure out the radio okay. on how to bring up your freqs for tower & ground? you copilot is non functional in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Mmmm, let me think about this...
    I like that 00-MEL one, Jankee

a bit more progress on my second paint. I'm trying to make them drag & drop repaints, but no luck so far...
    jk10477

jk10456

jk10453

jk10454

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Uboat commander.
    LOL .

​ btw. Update incoming:

Some updates here, guys, if you have a problem with radio power duaring start from cold&dark or have no fuel pump sound, please redownload and reinstall the package from purchase letter link. Sorry for inconvenience..Stay tuned!

Last edited by YoYo; December 29th, 2020 at 04:25.

I just uploaded these two paints, let me know if you like them?

jk10496

jk10491

jk10499

jk10487

Members who have read this thread: 0