Flying Quixote - Aermacchi MB339A/PAN P3D4-5

Thread: Flying Quixote - Aermacchi MB339A/PAN P3D4-5

Flying Quixote - Aermacchi MB339A/PAN P3D4-5

Hi people! As i didnīt see any post about this, here it is: FLYING QUIXOTE - AERMACCHI MB339A/PAN P3D4-5
    Link: https://secure.simmarket.com/flying-...n-p3d4-5.phtml
    Developer site: https://www.flyingquixote.it/

Happy New Year to all SOH!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 249469_3.jpg  
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Now if we can get Tacpack for v5.

Looks great. I bought it back in August, installed in v5 and it had lots of issues. I uninstalled it. I just went back and re-downloaded the installer, thinking "well, maybe they have made some improvements..." Tried to install it, inserted my key, and it aborted, telling me that I had "run out of activations". I've sent a request for help to their info e-mail. Hopefully I'll get an answer and get it sorted. Annoying and unnecessary.

UPDATE--

The guys at FQ were fast in getting back to me and resolving the issue. Kudos for a quick turn, guys! They are off to the RIGHT start re: customer service!

Cockpit is well done, but external textures are blurry up close...I found the trim to be almost worthless-- it is difficult to not porpoise through the air. Still, I think the FQ guys are headed down the right track...and once the bugs get worked out, I think this will be a "must have" airplane.

The other issue isn't really FQs "fault", and that is P3D V5's "not yet quite ready for prime time" (IMHO) PBR-- which I've come to believe just SUCKS. EVERY airplane either looks like a highly polished, obnoxious chrome bumper from a 1950s-vintage car (if it is bare metal), or if not bare metal (matte), as if it has been soaked down with a hose...the "Wet Look" ain't my bag, baby. Similarly, the lights cause exaggerated splash on the surfaces. I know some on here have a fetish for highly polished, dripping chrome metal (and everyone has a god-given right to their fetishes)....but not me.

Going to have to figure out if one can turn PBR "off" in V5. If not, I am seriously thinking about sliding back to 4.5...too many issues associated with V5...

Kent

Thanks for the mini-review mr Kent. I am thinking in get this one in January and your input is most welcome
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Blog Entries
    I purchased it after the heads up by flaviossa. I have Dino's version in MSFS and wanted to to compare the two. Besides, I am looking for the perfect and simple steam gauge jet that can be used as a personal jet.

I had no issues with installing and flying it in P3D. I have only flown it once. An intro flight to check handling. I could not get ILS guidance but, I had problems in MSFS too. I figure I need to get a bit more into systems. Speaking of systems, I do fine the POI limited. Again, that could be me not putting in enough time to learn the plane. The developer does mention more information on its website. I hope it isn't just a CC of the original Dash-1. I did say I wanted simple, didn't I.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Members who have read this thread: 0