FSAddon Publishing is closing down

Thread: FSAddon Publishing is closing down

Icon9 FSAddon Publishing is closing down

Dear all,

first of all let me wish you a Merry Christmas, even when in lockdown or otherwise limited. Hopefully, you are all still healthy.

Also hopefully, next year will see a return to normalcy, and no, not the ‘new normal’, the regular one. Here’s hoping.

Talking about next year….. the reason I am writing to you is that I have decided to stop my commercial activities under FSAddon Publishing. It is getting too expensive, and too much work. Too much for the time I still have to spend on it, and too much for my age, I guess. Even though we are spending most of the time at home here in Italy, forced by the circumstances, I seem to be running out of time most every day. I guess the slower tempo of living and moving has to do with it ,-)

Anyway, after all these years of FSAddon it is a tough decision. But with the advent of the new MSFS the sales have now dropped to almost nothing, and the cost of the websites has not gone down. So it just does not make sense to continue. Most of my work these days is responding to former customers who managed to lose their downloads and request new links and registration keys.

As of January 1st the Shopify Shop will be off-line. It also means support for previously sold products will be a problem because I am not continuing the almost daily efforts I still put in currently. More like once a week. And over some time the server contracts holding the software will also lapse, making the downloads no longer available.

It has been a long road, sometimes bumpy, never boring, and I think together with my developers we have brought some joy to flightsimmers all over the world.

I will now try and build my own home cockpit before it is too late and either Covid or old age catches up…. You will still find me on various forums from time to time.

Best regards,

Francois
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Sorry to hear of this, but I understand.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Sorry to hear that, I have enjoyed (and still do) your products enormously.

besides that, a very merry christmas and a happy new year!

Thank you for the heads up! Just ordered the Gladiator, Bristol Freighter, Storch and Hudson/Lodestar combo! (Might still get the Anson and Bobcat before the cutoff date.) Would've been a shame to miss them and I wonder what other gems are out there that I haven't heard about! As far as license keys I save mine to a spread sheet and the installers in another folder and keep them on a flash drive. (Computer crash taught me a lesson as I lost a bunch of stuff in 2015!) Enjoy your retirement!

Francois,

Yes, indeed, thank you both for the work you've put into FS in the past, and for giving everyone warning of the impending shutdown. I've been waiting to purchase your Anson package until the Christmas checks come tomorrow. I've also been waiting to purchase the Freighter, but alas, I don't think the budget will allow it before January. I suppose I'll have work it in somehow!

Thanks again! Enjoy your free time, and Merry Christmas!
    America never stopped being great.

Thank you for all that you have contributed to the flightsim community, Francois! I have a few of FS. I have at least a couple products, purchased from your site. My favorite is the assault glider! So much fun, and the jeep is so cool as well. Many thanks, Pete

SOH-CM-2020
    Many thanks Francois for your dedication over the years.

In FS9 I had the brilliant Fjord series of sceneries.

Today I've just purchased the Bristol Freighter as it was always going to be something I've wanted.

All the best for the future.

Pete.

Sorry to see you go

Very Sorry to see you go,Francois, though I fully understand the reasons. I have almost all your F.S.X. Products and they are among my top favourites, particularly the Bristol Freighter. Thank you and. Simon , for giving Flight Simmers such great iconic aircraft. Enjoy your very well earned retirement

All the best Francois and thank you for all you've done. It was a real pleasure to help out with the Anson package, which I still consider one of the best value flightsim add-ons available.

Members who have read this thread: 1