INITIAL RELEASE: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: INITIAL RELEASE: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    The radios aren't coming on for me. Or rather, there's no display on the radios or any of the devices in the center stack? Anyone else seeing this?
    Same here... I can just keep flying my Goose on P3D while the bugs get ironed out (or I find out what I did wrong).

Looks great!

HotFix 1 for CTDs and Electricals issues. Also fixes Attitude Indicator reversed pitch.

Uploaded to the library.

Blog Entries
    Many thanks for this, it's very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Thanks, awesome work.
    Does she come with ctrl+e or do we have to make a cold start? choose the plane engines where running took off from airport, make a water landing, engines died and unable to restart...maybe its me...
    Thanks. Will do...
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by OzWookiee View Post
    HotFix 1 for CTDs and Electricals issues. Also fixes Attitude Indicator reversed pitch.

Uploaded to the library.

Hi, sorry do we have to download again and reinstall? Unable to find hotfix....
    Thanks, best regards

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Hi, sorry do we have to download again and reinstall? Unable to find hotfix....
    Thanks, best regards
    Full download I'm afraid.

It's beautiful!
    jk10040

and all my old repaints will fit as well with some relatively small adaptations:
    jk10020

jk10028

jk10016

jk10034

a few remarks: I have no sound? or very very soft?
    I see no pilot figure, looks a bit empty in the cockpit from the outside?
    I see some odd reflections/effects on the top of the wings?
    and can we make the floats come down with the keyboard or stick?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    It's beautiful!
    jk10040

and all my old repaints will fit as well with some relatively small adaptations:
    jk10020

jk10028

jk10016

jk10034

a few remarks: I have no sound? or very very soft?
    I see no pilot figure, looks a bit empty in the cockpit from the outside?
    I see some odd reflections/effects on the top of the wings?
    and can we make the floats come down with the keyboard or stick?
    Please try downloading again. Sound is there and VERY meaty.
    This is an initial EARLY PREVIEW and as such is not finished. I will add the new PILOT and CO-PILOT entries so we have folks in the cabin.
    Yes Normal maps on the wings are borked. Later fix.
    As with sound, download latest version. Float switch is still direct overhead pilot.

I downloaded again, but the file won't unzip completely, it gets stuck on file 839 out of 896, ..\XML_INSTRUMENTS.PNG.DDS.JSON.
    I tried it multiple times, with three different downloads, but no luck...
    anybody any suggestions?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Please try downloading again. Sound is there and VERY meaty.
    This is an initial EARLY PREVIEW and as such is not finished. I will add the new PILOT and CO-PILOT entries so we have folks in the cabin.
    Yes Normal maps on the wings are borked. Later fix.
    As with sound, download latest version. Float switch is still direct overhead pilot.
    Oh, are the floats supposed to work? I assumed you hadn't gotten to the animations yet? They still don't seem to work in the latest update.

The panel and radios all still can't see the readouts after the hotfix. The buttons light up and they work, just can't read them.

Do you want us to report stuff?

(and, yes, the engine sounds are awesome (my sound system is a pair of JBL LSR305's through a 1st Gen Focusrite 6i6 ) Meaty is a good description, and I don't even have a bass monitor)

I downloaded again, but the file won't unzip completely, it gets stuck on file 839 out of 896, ..\XML_INSTRUMENTS.PNG.DDS.JSON.
    I tried it multiple times, with three different downloads, but no luck...
    anybody any suggestions?
    It worked for me, and there are differences from the initial download (changes to panel.xml and systems.cfg). I've downloaded it twice now just to make sure I have the latest

no sound, but I'm still having fun ..

jk10070

jk10078

Pop up during the install

Thank you for the gift, however I get a pop up warning about file titles being to long and my only option is to skip the install, or leave these files out. Know how I can remedy this? Thanks.

Doug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails goose install.jpg  

Good to see this back. Quick bug assesment from latest download. - floats sometimes work. sometimes get stuck with one up, one down- landing gear retracts, but will not open- power full throttle, will not reduce. - where do I find elevator trim control. Want's to nose down continually. - cockpit is very dark. I had to dump a lot of community files to get FS2020 latest update to work again. -j
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

unzipping with winrar did the trick, I can now listen to the glorious sounds of those radials!

[QUOTE=jankees;1247385]It's beautiful!

Indeed it is!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2020.12.23 - 17.00.15.79.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Good to see this back. Quick bug assesment from latest download. - floats sometimes work. sometimes get stuck with one up, one down- landing gear retracts, but will not open- power full throttle, will not reduce. - where do I find elevator trim control. Want's to nose down continually. - cockpit is very dark. I had to dump a lot of community files to get FS2020 latest update to work again. -j
    found elevator trim by moving eyepoint to the right. I spun around 3 times in my chair, saying Hans Gruber and all is working. ;-)Actually re-installed the update, removed a buch of unused community files, rebooted the pc and things seem to be working again. - d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Oh, are the floats supposed to work? I assumed you hadn't gotten to the animations yet? They still don't seem to work in the latest update.

The panel and radios all still can't see the readouts after the hotfix. The buttons light up and they work, just can't read them.

Do you want us to report stuff?

(and, yes, the engine sounds are awesome (my sound system is a pair of JBL LSR305's through a 1st Gen Focusrite 6i6 ) Meaty is a good description, and I don't even have a bass monitor)
    Yes, please see first post.

Radio stack is inop unfortunately. But good enough for an early preview.

unzipping with winrar did the trick, I can now listen to the glorious sounds of those radials!

7-Zip is best for these and any archive really
    https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

7-Zip is best for these and any archive really
    https://www.7-zip.org/download.html
    that's what I tried first, but it didn't work for me.
    Anyway, a few more updated paints:
    jk10133

jk10100

jk10109

jk10118

are you gonna up those repaints , Jankees ?

Uploaded to the library.

Good morning! Well, it is, here in Pensacola..... I checked the SOH Library, and the only download for the Goose was the original one, dated the 22nd. It has the hotfix included with it now? Thx, NC

wherever you go...

jk10142

jk10144

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Good morning! Well, it is, here in Pensacola..... I checked the SOH Library, and the only download for the Goose was the original one, dated the 22nd. It has the hotfix included with it now? Thx, NC
    The hotfix is included I believe as it is listed in the bottom of the description. Downloading now!

jk10162 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Members who have read this thread: 4