Fw-189's

Thread: Fw-189's

Fw-189's

Any one know what happened to the Fw-189's we had up. I recently had a crash, had to get a new PC, and am rebuilding my installs. Having a hard time finding this one.

Thanks!

It should be in the ETO install, think it may be AI only, not sure?

Other than that I have no idea where you would download it from.
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Maxstuka has just released an update here.

hertzie

Where?
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Get in the search option on SOH's homepage, type in "maxstuka", then search, then you get all his great updates, go to page 4 and halfway you'll find the Uhu.

hertzie

That's for CFS2...
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Sorry, hadn't noticed it was for CFS3.

hertzie

SOH-CM-2020
    maybe the skins are transferrable?

Interesting!
    "Night Reconnaissance Group 15, attached to the 4th Panzerarmee in southern Poland during late 1944, carried out nocturnal recon and light bombing sorties with a handful of 189A-1s. These planes typically lacked the main model's rear dorsal machine gun. Small numbers of A-1s were used in the night fighter role in the closing weeks of the war - the aircraft were modified for this new duty by having their reconnaissance equipment removed, and then fitted with FuG 212 AI radar in the nose and a single obliquely-firing 20mm MG FF autocannon in the common Schräge Musik upwards/forward-firing offensive fitment also used for heavier-airframed German night fighters, like the Bf 110G, but for the Fw 189; in the crew nacelle in the space where the rear dorsal gun was normally housed. The majority of the nachtjager 189s were operated by NJG 100, flying out of an airbase at Greifswald. Chronic fuel shortages and enemy air superiority over the 189s' defence area (chiefly Berlin) meant that only a very few kills were scored by these craft."

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

It must be in the 1.40 or 1.50 updates. Right now I have up to 1.20 as it looks like that's the furthest update available (or at least that I could find).

I knew about the 189's being used as NJ's. I always wondered how effective they could be though, I can't imagine that they would be fast enough to catch up with a Lancaster or a Halifax when loaded up with cannon, ammo, and radar.

Icon17

Quote Originally Posted by westview View Post
    It must be in the 1.40 or 1.50 updates. Right now I have up to 1.20 as it looks like that's the furthest update available (or at least that I could find).

I knew about the 189's being used as NJ's. I always wondered how effective they could be though, I can't imagine that they would be fast enough to catch up with a Lancaster or a Halifax when loaded up with cannon, ammo, and radar.
    Hi W,
    No, they were only used as NF's on the Eastern front against the Russians. Especially the troop harrassment ac that the Russians would send over the front at night and dawn (Po-2's etc), and the slow light bombers. I don't know if they were successful at all, proabably more a morale booster?

Cheers

Shessi

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by westview View Post
    Hi Westview,
    can you confirm that the links to the updates for ETO in the stickies are not working? You should start with rev 1.4 IIRC this is cumulative and 1.2 is not needed. then apply the later updates.

Found one in my ETO 1.50 installation but it does not appear in the drop down menu for Germany!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Hi Westview,
    can you confirm that the links to the updates for ETO in the stickies are not working? You should start with rev 1.4 IIRC this is cumulative and 1.2 is not needed. then apply the later updates.
    Ah, you know what, I misunderstood the sticky. I dl'ed the 1.2 update thinking the first 4 links were just for 1.0 and were all included in the 1.20 update link, so I only downloaded the first one and 1.20. I guess 2020 is starting to fry my brain!

Quote Originally Posted by NSS View Post
    Found one in my ETO 1.50 installation but it does not appear in the drop down menu for Germany!!
    If it's set for AI only (aircraft category = 2 instead of 0) in the air file it won't be listed in the menu.

After changing the air file I substituted in a copy of the DR He111 cockpit m3d file to make it pilotable.

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    If it's set for AI only (aircraft category = 2 instead of 0) in the air file it won't be listed in the menu.

After changing the air file I substituted in a copy of the DR He111 cockpit m3d file to make it pilotable.
    Great idea MajorMagee.
    I wonder if purist would quibble about it appearing in BoB era?

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    I wonder if purist would quibble about it appearing in BoB era?
    Just to clarify - I had a seditious temptation to pop it in a certain BoB campaign package . . .

Members who have read this thread: 0