Green shadowing on aircraft. Is there a quick fix?

Thread: Green shadowing on aircraft. Is there a quick fix?

Green shadowing on aircraft. Is there a quick fix?

Before I proceed to uninstall this freeware P-8 Poseidon, due to the greenish coloring on the aircraft, is there a easy fix for this, or a waste of time? I have more than one aircraft with the same problem. Tis a shame not to be able to fix this, as they are nice models! Thanks, NC

http://Prepar3D Screenshot 2020.12.19 - 09.55.18.00 by retnavycpo, on Flickr

Its effect of Green Nav light, yes?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hey Chief,

You might want to tone down dynamic reflections. I think/suspect the geen colour of the shadowing being influenced by the green surroundings showing on the dynamic reflections. (just a first thought though)

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Thanks guys. I think maybe YoYo is correct about the green nav light being the cause. Turning off the Dynamic reflections had no effect, but turning off the navigation lights fixed the problem. So is it difficult, or even possible to fix the nav light texture? NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Thanks guys. I think maybe YoYo is correct about the green nav light being the cause. Turning off the Dynamic reflections had no effect, but turning off the navigation lights fixed the problem. So is it difficult, or even possible to fix the nav light texture? NC
    Hi, Pete! What effect is bing used for NAVGRE and NAVRED for that matter? Your plane may look pink from the other side.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Its material problem and reflections on the model. Is it PBR version?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Its material problem and reflections on the model. Is it PBR version?

I don't know if it is PBR or not. Is there a file extension that will indicate it? NC

I don't know if it is PBR or not. Is there a file extension that will indicate it? NC
    New kind of textures and saved type. Give me a link for this model, I think this version has never been modified to the PBR standard but personally I don't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    New kind of textures and saved type. Give me a link for this model, I think this version has never been modified to the PBR standard but personally I don't have one.
    Hi Yoyo,

It took a little searching, but I found it.

For some reason, I can't successfully copy the link, but the model is on Simviation. Search for FSX/P3D Boeing P-8A Poseidon Patron Two Four "Batmen Package" NC

UPDATE: Yoyo, I found other problems with the model besides texturing. I just discovered that the nose wheel is not animated; it remains at 90 degrees. Probably not worth the effort to correct things, but thank you anyway! NC
    Last edited by Navy Chief; December 20th, 2020 at 04:12.

Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Not related to just the P-8 model as I noticed the same on an AI aircraft at night. Fuselage was green from the nav light on the FAIB A320.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Actually I get the same issue with the AH/JF BAC111 and HS748 in P3DV5. In the cockpit you get a green light except where the shadow comes in the other side and outside the same green affect overall. No answer yet from anybody what is the cause or the fix!

Members who have read this thread: 0