Me and Covid-19
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Me and Covid-19

Members +

Me and Covid-19

I was diagnosed positive 7 days ago and promptly was booked in to hospital. The only exercise I get is peeing in what looks like a nice silver vase. Jokes a side, this is the most debilitating disease ever. This talk about 14 days of self isolation. The reality I'd that yes, you are isolated, flat on your back, wired up to all kinds of devices, including 2 additional oxygen streams. That's the maximum they can give me.
    Yes, 24 days self isolation sounds, well incocent in a way, but it really hides the reality.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Keeping you in our thoughts. Get well soon!

Kent

Hang in there.
    You're probably in the best place to ride the Virus out.
    My partner is a Doctor and has been front-line for months, aside from a couple of periods of R&R when (despite her protests) her superiors ordered Sofie to come home before she burnt out.
    COVID 19 is real, and worryingly comes in a variety of flavors.
    Unfortunately we have had a new cluster break out in New South Wales, apparently brought in by a Flight Crew originating in the US.
    In my home state this is viewed with great concern, as we are very proud of our record of 49 days without a single locally acquired case and no 'imported' infections.
    So at least you are in Hospital which is a good thing, especially as the staff should have enough experience to get you out and about sooner rather than later.
    Isolation does drive one Bat**** Crazy, we were in a hard lockdown for four months, not something I enjoyed at all.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

SOH-CM-2023
    Robin,
    What bad luck, hope you shake it off real quick, so my thoughts are with you.
    Keith

Hey Robin,

What a revolting development!

I hope you get better real quick!

For what it's worth, my sister, who is a couple years older than you and has multiple risk factors for a bad response to covid, has had it twice and got over it both times. So there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not a train coming the other way.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Mick

Get well soon! At least the vaccine could help.

Hi Robin,

Sorry to hear the virus has caught you. Get well soon and I hope for a speedy full recovery.

Cheers,
    Huub

i just hop i dont catch covid-19 yet...ive been covid free most of the year!!

are you getting much to do!!

Members +
    Hi guys,. Absolutely nothing to do, down to 1x oxygen streem from 3,flat on back, no energy to do a thing, no appetite, no taste.
    Stay safe guys, the docs say another 7 - 10 days.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Robin, best wishes for a speedy and comfortable recovery. Enjoy the holidays and New Year ahead. Focus forward.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

It got me and Mrs too
    Like being runover by a bus.

Ttfn

Pete

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Hi guys,. Absolutely nothing to do, down to 1x oxygen streem from 3,flat on back, no energy to do a thing, no appetite, no taste.
    Stay safe guys, the docs say another 7 - 10 days.
    Hang in there Robin. Best wishes for a full recovery.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    It got me and Mrs too

Ttfn

Pete
    Best wishes to you and the Mrs. for a fast and full recovery.

Hi Pete,

Hopefully you get well soon again. I had already noticed you had not visited the forum for quite a while, so I was already wondering whether you were okay.

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2023
    Pete, sorry to hear you & Mrs suffering. Me & my Mrs due for vaccine (being 80+) this Wednesday with follow up 20 Jan, so hope we should be safe. Back in Feb last year (2018) we both caught the Flu even though we had the vaccine the previous October, that one floored us taking about 3 months to fully recover, but obviously not as bad as this covid19, so can't really imagine your & Robins situation. Hope you get well soon.
    Regards
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    Pete, sorry to hear you & Mrs suffering. Me & my Mrs due for vaccine (being 80+) this Wednesday with follow up 20 Jan, so hope we should be safe. Back in Feb last year (2018) we both caught the Flu even though we had the vaccine the previous October, that one floored us taking about 3 months to fully recover, but obviously not as bad as this covid19, so can't really imagine your & Robins situation. Hope you get well soon.
    Regards
    Keith

Its no flu, whatever anyone says. Took about 5 days for the fever to break, coupled with the grandaddy of all headaches only water to drink as anything else tasted ( and still does taste off) then everything becomes bunged up with ooze, nose,throat etc. Constant cough you can't draw breath between

Still not out of the woods here yet

My Dad 92, got his jab last week

Ttfn
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    It got me and Mrs too
    Ttfn
    Pete
    Aw, that stinks!

I wish you both a quick recovery!

Add my best wishes as well.
    Thus far Oz is holding it's own, aside from a localised area in Sydney.
    Aside from a very small number of dickheads it has seen the local populace 'do the right thing' and act very responsibly.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members +
    So far, so good. I'm still in hospital, 3 weeks now, and will shortly be transfered to a field hospital for rehab and oxygen therapy. At the moment, I'm feeling good, but too week to stand on my own yet.
    I'm slowly getting there, over the hump.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Hang in there! We are thinking of you and pulling for you. The good news is...2021 is bound to be better (although that's a low standard to meet at this point, I admit...).

Best,

Kent

Members +
    Finally, I was discharged, after 3 weeks from a rehab/oxygen therapy hospital. That's a total of 5 weeks in 2 different hospitals.
    What a terrible journey its been. Pneumonia, renal failure etc. But I made it home.
    I'm walking, but very little muscle tone in my legs, so walking up and down steps is not easy. I get tired quite quickly, and getting stronger by the day.

Thanks for all thoughts and wishes. That really kept me going.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Hey Robin,

Welcome back home!

I'm really happy to hear that you're home and doing better. I wish you a quick and trouble-free recovery and that you'll have your strength and stamina back sooner than you dare hope!

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Finally, I was discharged, after 3 weeks from a rehab/oxygen therapy hospital. That's a total of 5 weeks in 2 different hospitals.
    What a terrible journey its been. Pneumonia, renal failure etc. But I made it home.
    I'm walking, but very little muscle tone in my legs, so walking up and down steps is not easy. I get tired quite quickly, and getting stronger by the day.

Thanks for all thoughts and wishes. That really kept me going.
    Hi Robbie, I've just got home from 3 days in hospital myself, the covid thing left me a Pulmonary Embolism as a going away present, have a c47 load of tablets to take every day now for next 3 months

Ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0