Wierd happenings at airbases

Thread: Wierd happenings at airbases

Wierd happenings at airbases

I am adding Lorenz ILS to some airbases which requires me to get both the real direction of the runway (not the nominal) and the coordinates at the runway midpoint. I have already done this with about 50 updated airbases with no problems but suddenly come across 2 which won't appear at all as they should be.

Lannion. Should be a single but appears as an enemy double! See Pics 1 &2

Le Culot. Should be a dual concrete but appears as a ?dual grass/tarmac with trees in the other runway! See pics 3 &4.

Now I have checked bit the global layer and the qclocations; all fits. I have other airbases with the same set up and all OK; see the 'should be' pics. I have also checked 2
    other install which should be the same; all to no avail. Am I missing something?? NB these are not as in ETO era 2 or CFS3 normal but new airbase details which work fine elsewhere.

Lannion

Lannion

Le Culot

Le Culot

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    Check for duplicate files in the install. Read the .mos file with notepad to see what is in there.

That's all I can think of

I sort of got excited for a minute in that I had mos with both "-" and "_" in the names. However that didn't seem to be it. As I mentioned, I have other airbases with identical facilities and using the same mos files which have no issues. Only these 2 are not working.

I also tried an alternative single and dual respectively and in fact still got the identical wrong results as in the pics above. Also the same if I went back to the stock airbases!

OK, Le Culot solved as there was an ACC version which I had forgotten to delete!
    Lannion on the other hand, nothing seems to work so far.

SOH-CM-2020
    Great, duplicate files are always a bugbear in CFS3! Not just facilities, but aircraft shared files in particular. There you are, in a nice shiny new cockpit then - a duff old gauge has inserted itself into the pristine glory of your SJ series cockpit

The bad news is that I have 6 airbases which are incorrect whether I use stock, ACC_LW, or my TOW airbases. Basically the same thing happens with whatever version I use. For examplem with Tours, the aircraft always starts in the air regardless of which version I use. Lannion, Vitry-en-Artois, and St. Andre are as the incorrect picture in the top post. Paris-Orly is a macadam runway. I have run out of ideas.

NB I always make sure the qclocations matches the info in the global layer depending on which version I use. there always are appropriate, mos,dds, and facility files for each version; all mos and facility files d are different, not duplicates, as the names are different for stock, ACC, and TOW; they may use the same dds in some cases.

The good news is that I have fixed all!. I took the details from another install on a different HD with altered 'stock' (with runway lights) facility files, and entered those details in the TOW gsl. I copied all those facilities from the one to the TOW, together with any missing mos (Vitry-en-Artois) and dds (none) files and appropriate coordinates and qclocations info. I checked these worked, and they did.

I then altered, in the TOW install, one airbase at a time, the gsl facilities to the TOW ones I wanted, changed the coordinates to the new map verified ones, and made sure the gsl and qclocation info was the same. Each airbase functioned fine this time!

Besides the missing Vitry-en-Artois mos, I'm not actually sure what the issue was, but all so good; so far!

Members who have read this thread: 0