Now you see it - now you don't

Thread: Now you see it - now you don't

Now you see it - now you don't

Taking a check flight just a while ago across the EC and decided to drop in to Warmwell on the southern coast of England. From the air, all appears normal. At touch down....watch out! Did I do something wrong?

That,s because , the mission builder aircraft show,s a Zero , of Usa nationality , with a politically derrogatory , unit ID , name --( ) --- landing in Great Britain , during Cov-ed -- so they moved the runway -------

Depending on the air field maker , and which mesh height data , your using at present , would be my guess ,

you have to set the rendering in the cfs2.cfg,
    I think one of the values ​​is how far away to see the rendered textures.

Try to use my cfs2.cfg,or use the graffic values, you can download here

https://sites.google.com/view/cfs2ma...os/geforce-gtx

It's an elevation mismatch between the mesh and the airfield bgl. The airfield elevation is higher than the underlying mesh elevation. So you fly through the airfield image down to the mesh image. The airfield must have been built to match a different mesh than the one you are using.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    It's an elevation mismatch between the mesh and the airfield bgl. The airfield elevation is higher than the underlying mesh elevation. So you fly through the airfield image down to the mesh image. The airfield must have been built to match a different mesh than the one you are using.
    Makes since. I've replaced scenery over the years as new stuff became available. I expect this is one of the old fields. Thanks CK.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarg Willy View Post
    That,s because , the mission builder aircraft show,s a Zero , of Usa nationality , with a politically derrogatory , unit ID , name --( ) --- landing in Great Britain , during Cov-ed -- so they moved the runway -------

Depending on the air field maker , and which mesh height data , your using at present , would be my guess ,
    Ha! Point taken. That Warmwell.jpg was an after thought. I figured it would be better to show the airfield location. So I re-opened MB and took a picture without noticing the Zero. I only keep the Zero in my ETO install in case I have a new aircraft that has the engine sound aliased.

Icon22 Reply...

Kurt and Worthless,

I noticed that as well during the BoB campaign. I would have thought that the flatten would take care of that, but apparently not. I didn't have a way of fixing it, so I left it alone.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

No problem Rami. It was a surprise as I was seeking a nice safe place to put down, and was just about to make a perfect landing when.....what's this, I'm in a cow pasture.

Library Staff
    I checked my Warmwell and all is fine on the ground and in the air. I have Sander's EurW scenery and Rhumba's water masks and mesh activated. I also have Stefano Denti's GSL scenery enhancements for that aerodrome installed.

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    I checked my Warmwell and all is fine on the ground and in the air. I have Sander's EurW scenery and Rhumba's water masks and mesh activated. I also have Stefano Denti's GSL scenery enhancements for that aerodrome installed.
    Then I must have goofed up somewhere.

Members who have read this thread: 0