Has Anyone Been Able to Get The NOCD To Work In FS9?

Thread: Has Anyone Been Able to Get The NOCD To Work In FS9?

Has Anyone Been Able to Get The NOCD To Work In FS9?

I appreciate Sue trying to help me in solving the problem of removing the administrator that blocks
    the used of the NOCD. I have followed MS's wildness of mirrors in their attenp to confuse and discourage
    people which they did a good job on me. If I am right after reading their instructions I cannot remove or
    turn off the administrator, then I have to go to the properties of FS9 where hidden is a Vast array of
    listings that points me to a desert of endless discussions written by MS ganrranted to osfucate the most
    gifted engineer at MIT in closing I would like to say FS9 has given me years of enjoyment and I will keep
    looking for a solution to this abomination which only MS is capable of creating.

Thank You

Casey

It may be no help, but i know it works as i installed it on 10 about a year ago, and it works just fine, i just cant remember what i did Did you install in Program file's where M$ wants you to install it or in a directory outside in C somewhere, where most hardened simmer's prefer to install FS9. Installing in Program file's is a bit like installing in the dragons den and is the route of most of these admin problems.
    Also, do you right click on your FS9 ex, you should see a "run as administrator" option in the drop down list

You may have covered these already but im just putting them out there

Casey,
    Apologies if this is stating the obvious, but in the FS9 root folder have you renamed the original fs9 .exe to something like "fs9disc", and then renaming the no disc exe to "fs9"?

David

Members +
    So, what you should have downloaded is the 9.1 patch, and the 9.1 nocd.
    Hopefully your install is NOT in the default folder where it is not going to work.

So, run the 9.1 update, then replace the existing fs9.exe with the nocd version. No need to rename or do anything else.
    Apart from rightclicking the exe, selecting XP compatibility mode, and then. Run as Admin.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

No CD cracks are not to be discussed here. Simply as they are not in-line with the the software licence agreement you personally agreed with when you installed the software. (remember you had to to check that little tick-box when you started the installation?)

But it is actually very simple, update to the 9.1 version. Download the required file and put in your FS9 root direction and overwrite the original file. No name changes required and it will work in any directory, including the default one. As you are not the only one facing this problem, you can find quite some information at Calclassic. There is absolutely no magic in it, it is just replacing one executable file (.exe) by another, which has some security lines removed.

Microsoft Windows by default will only allow changes in the programs directory by the administrator. This is as said this is by default, so is not specifically for FS9. The smartest work around is to install your FS9 not in the program files directory or in the program files (x86) directory of 64-bits Window versions. Windows doesn't block you to use a the so-called CD crack, but it doesn't allow a non-administrator to replace an executable or to be overwritten by another file. This has not been done to annoy people, but simply as an effort of Microsoft to prevent people, who do not know what they are doing, to mess up their programs.

Please check this thread: https://calclassic.proboards.com/thr...004-start-read

Cheers,
    Huub

What Huub said....

I have my fs9 on a 1TB external hard disc
    No problems at all using the file that must not be named
    ( in fact for Win10 , one HAS to use that file as Microsoft
    deliberately broke the Digital Rights Management thingy that meant you had to have fs9 disc in your disc drive while running it)

Ttfn

Pete

huub, the no cd crack has been "legal" tender for some years...its free.. it doesnt crack the game anymore

this one just allows you to not have to use CD4

Wasn't the taboo on discussion at SOH officially ended when M$ released the first operating system (I forget which one) that would no longer run programs that required a CD-ROM in the CD-ROM drive? Or is my recollection faulty?

Microsoft never changed the End User License Agreement (EULA) nor did it ever release a fix for the fact that the Windows10 systems will not operate from a CD.

Therefore when you want to use FS9 there is no other option than to use the "bypass which can't be mentioned". However this doesn't make it legal. Simply because the EULA still forbids this. The No-CD crack is actually exactly what the name tells you it is. It is a cracked FS9 executable file from which the lines which check whether CD4 is present are removed.

In the past Ickie had a good relation with the people from the Aces Game studio, and therefore didn't allow discussions about the No-CD crack. Perhaps a bit old fashioned, but even now Ickie is not longer among us, I like to respect his wish. (Even when it is perhaps outdated).

I think the above posts make perfectly clear where it is available and how to use it, and that is all I have to say about it.

Thanks,
    Huub

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_...f_America,_Inc.

Lewis Galoob Toys, Inc. v. Nintendo of America, Inc. (Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1992) was a court case which established the rights of users to modify copyrighted works for their own use.

United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
    Eastern District of Washington
    Western District of Washington

FS2004 EULA
    MISCELLANEOUS
    If you acquired this SOFTWARE PRODUCT in the United States, this EULA is governed by the laws of the State of Washington.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

As the verdict said Allen:"For their own use". So this implies that you can't share these modifications.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    As the verdict said Allen:"For their own use". So this implies that you can't share these modifications.

Cheers,
    Huub
    When you bought a Game Genie from Galoob you got a code book with it as well. So yes you can share modifications but things come down how do you share the modifications. Galoob didn't sell the Game Genie with every Nintendo Entertainment System game edited to use cheats. You still had to own the game and plug it onto the Game Genie than enter the codes you wanted for that game.

Fast forward to the last 15+ years of Super Mario World (SMW) ROM hacking thanks to Galoob v. Nintendo.

SMW edits/hacks are done by patch files. You download a patch and apply the patch to the SMW ROM file that you legal own. Than you can play the edited SMW ROM on emulator or by flash cart on a real Super Nintendo.

Summary
    We CAN NOT just give out the patched .exe (copyrighted). We CAN tell others how to patch out SafeDisc and/or make/have a program to patch out SafeDisc from the .exe they legally own.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Yes Allen you are allowed to explain how somebody can modify the FS9 executable file .

Now can we please stop this useless conversation?

Thanks,
    Huub

Is FS9 still sold? I mean, does Micro$oft still market the thing? The question is relevant, because if M$ doesn't sell the thing anymore, then the EULA is null and void.

Anyway, as stated above, you can very easily find the file that shall go unnamed (google is your friend in this case):

• you need to be an administrator of your PC, if you are not, find someone who is!
    • In windows 10 you should have installed FS9 outside your program files folder, for modern 64 bit users, outside your program files x86 folder
    • Unpack the file that shall go unnamed and copy it into the root of your FS9 folder, overwriting the original FS9.exe file

You should be good to go.

The fact that anyone would still want to run FS9 is and remains a mistery to me.

The fact that legit FS9 buyers/users have been using this patch (it's not a crack) for more than a decade should tell us something. To use it is not a capital sin, you will not burn in hell for all eternity simply for using it. I myself own (have bought in a shop) CFS3, FS9 and FSX and have used this kind of patch on all of them. Not because I have a penchant for piracy, but just for not wanting to damage the install disks. Which is what happens if you need to insert disks into the drives for just wanting to play a game that you bought. The whole concept is moronic. And I'm pretty sure that 99% of the legacy sim users here in SOH use these kinds of patches too.

Good thing that modern sims don't use this dated, annoying and moronic "security" anymore.

Sorry for the rant.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Sorry for the rant.
    A great pity that you did not think before posting - again with the personal opinion that you are trying to impress on other users.

Now, as Huub said, can we please stop this useless conversation ?

I think the original question has been answered. Therefore I will close the thread to end this useless discussion.

Thanks for all your input on this subject.

Cheers,
    Huub

And still for sale: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/flight-simu...4004000004255/

Members who have read this thread: 0