Jet Provost T.4 relased
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jet Provost T.4 relased

Jet Provost T.4 relased

My Jet Provost XS 186 T.4 is now available for purchase on simmarket.com (15€).
    https://secure.simmarket.com/sim-mec...86-p3dv4.phtml

She has been in development for some time, but finally she got her permit to roam the virtual skies.
    I will release a FSX version very soon, but the MSFS2020 version is further up the road.
    The flight dynamics is made by a real Hunter and T.4 pilot, and I think it is a joy to fly.

You can check out some videos here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1T..._as=subscriber

I have had the pleasure to get some good assistance from a Jet Provost restoration group.
    This group of volunteers work hard to keep history alive, and the real XS186 is now a beautiful "ground runner".

If you would like to support their work, you can donate here:
    https://jetprovostxs186restoration.c...-you-can-help/

Rotorhub
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JetProvostT4.jpg  

Bought it...

.....flew and LOVED it. PLEASE do a Strikemaster variant!

Keep up the GREAT work!

Kent

Brilliant, looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post

Keep up the GREAT work!

Kent
    Hi Kent.
    Thank you for your support and kind words I have the manual for the Strikemaster, so you newer know... I still have some updates for the T4 in the pipeline (PBR textures and paintkit).

Rotorhub

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Brilliant, looks fantastic.
    thank you noddy!

Oh, nice ugly boy (the plane, not the model )! Thank You!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Oh, nice ugly boy (the plane, not the model )! Thank You!
    I can only say "Beauty in the eye of the beholder".

Rotorhub

I'm seeing 18 Euro rather than 15... perhaps due to local sales tax?

At the time PBR textures become available for the P3D models I'll certainly buy it. Any ETA for these?

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Nice! For this price I could not resist to purchase it.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post

Wow, nice shots!

Rotorhub

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    I'm seeing 18 Euro rather than 15... perhaps due to local sales tax?

At the time PBR textures become available for the P3D models I'll certainly buy it. Any ETA for these?
    15 Euro is the correct price, so it was probably a typo.

I can not commit to a release date for the update just now, but it is on top of my list. I will need to understand the process better. I am looking into Substance painter or similar software for the best result.

Rotorhub

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhub View Post
    I am looking into Substance painter or similar software for the best result.
    I can personally attest to Substance Painter being a great bit of software

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Nice! For this price I could not resist to purchase it.
    Thank you very much for your support!

Rotorhub

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get this bird started from a full cold and dark situation. I have followed the checklist and upon pressing the 'start engine' button, the red light flashes once then nothing happens. If I then try an auto start (ctrl E), the mixture lever is pulled back, the engine spools up, mixture lever goes forward and the engine starts. So I can fly it but am unable to do a start of my own .Any help please?
    I must add that this a wonderful model, very well priced and great fun to fly. If I can just get the start sequence nailed I will be a very happy bunny.
    Cheers
    Mick Wood

Quote Originally Posted by woody901 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has managed to get this bird started from a full cold and dark situation. I have followed the checklist and upon pressing the 'start engine' button, the red light flashes once then nothing happens. If I then try an auto start (ctrl E), the mixture lever is pulled back, the engine spools up, mixture lever goes forward and the engine starts. So I can fly it but am unable to do a start of my own .Any help please?
    I must add that this a wonderful model, very well priced and great fun to fly. If I can just get the start sequence nailed I will be a very happy bunny.
    Cheers
    Mick Wood
    Hi Mick,
    I need to look into this. I usually start from cold and dark, from within my VR headset. The starter switch is stock code, and is push to start and push to release.
    Just for a test, follow the checklist and try the "Relight switch on top of the HP Cock (Mixture) instead of the regular starter switch. Note: Press and hold until the engine starts (This is normally for airborne restart).

I will get back to you on this.
    Rotorhub

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhub View Post
    Hi Mick,
    I need to look into this. I usually start from cold and dark, from within my VR headset. The starter switch is stock code, and is push to start and push to release.
    Just for a test, follow the checklist and try the "Relight switch on top of the HP Cock (Mixture) instead of the regular starter switch. Note: Press and hold until the engine starts (This is normally for airborne restart).

I will get back to you on this.
    Rotorhub
    I can confirm that holding in the 'relight button' does indeed start the engine. I will use this method unless you come up with something different. Thanks for the support.
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post

Keep up the GREAT work!

Kent
    I don't know about the Strikemaster. I'd be happy with the T5.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by woody901 View Post
    I can confirm that holding in the 'relight button' does indeed start the engine. I will use this method unless you come up with something different. Thanks for the support.
    Mick
    Thank you for testing.

The default engine starter code just played me a trick as well? Modeldef and code looks ok and unaltered from previous working version?
    The Relight animated switch triggers a gauge, which starts the engine. I will do something similar with the starter switch.

CTRL+E worked on all computers with v4 & 5. Test: Switches as required and LP Cock ON (full forward). Then CTRL+E. HP Cock will be set to full by autostart.
    Thank you for letting me know. I will issue a fix through the simmarket update system when ready. You will be notified.

Regards
    Rotorhub

Just purchased this and very happy with it. Flies well, graphics very good. Very nostalgic for me as I grew up in the UK in the 1960's so very familiar with the JP and have wanted to fly one ever since the Rick Piper model for FS2004/2002. I feel it needs a co-pilot camera definition in the vc so I might make one if that's ok.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Just purchased this and very happy with it. Flies well, graphics very good. Very nostalgic for me as I grew up in the UK in the 1960's so very familiar with the JP and have wanted to fly one ever since the Rick Piper model for FS2004/2002. I feel it needs a co-pilot camera definition in the vc so I might make one if that's ok.
    Many thanks for your support! I love Rick's model and have had some good times in it. I would love to fly a Provost or a Strikemaster some time, but the closest thing to a jet so far is the Long-EZ.
    I agree regarding the camera definition. I will add some more for the PBR release. If you make one, please share. I will add it with your permission.

Rotorhub
    Last edited by rotorhub; December 12th, 2020 at 11:39. Reason: Added text

Very nice. Looking forward to your FSX version.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Hi Rotorhub,

I supported your work by buying it. Great stuff!

Thanks so much for bringing this model to the community at a very reasonable price I might say!

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Very nice. Looking forward to your FSX version.
    Install files are beeing tested. I am just fixing a "cold and dark" starter issue for the P3D version first.
    My web page is down for the moment (My service provider is working on it), but I will notify you when it is out.

Rotorhub

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Hi Rotorhub,

I supported your work by buying it. Great stuff!

Thanks so much for bringing this model to the community at a very reasonable price I might say!

Cheers,

Priller
    Thank you Priller!
    Glad you liked it, and I think the price is fair. I am only a "one man band" doing planes that I love to fly myself.

I am working on a few liveries that will be avialable next year.

Regards
    Rotorhub

Members who have read this thread: 1