The Goose flies again for MSFS

Thread: The Goose flies again for MSFS

The Goose flies again for MSFS

Pam Booker and I are getting pretty close to a release on the OzX Goose Redux HD for MSFS (phew what a mouthful), though we might need to change the working title. Pam remains the only active member of the OzX team who updated the original FSX Goose and we've spent a lot of time with this beauty making her even better for MSFS by replacing all of the old 2D XML Instruments with 3D Gauges, upscaling all of the textures to 4K using AI Upscaling and creating PBR textures for all of the liveries as well.

Cruising around Port Phillip Bay in Victoria Australia

Parked at Latrobe Valley

This was taken halfway through the 2D XML replacement

Closeup of the Pilots main instruments and annunciator panel.

We should have this out (preliminary release) for everyone by Christmas with final updates finished early in the New Year. The development board can be seen here: Grumman Goose for MSFS

We stand on the sholders of Giants and the beauty of this bird is a testament to the original developers and then the OzX Team who took her to the next level.

[EDIT] I should say also that this is a FULL native conversion and not a port-over.
    Last edited by OzWookiee; December 3rd, 2020 at 17:27. Reason: Addendum re:Native conversion.

This looks simply amazing. Thanks for taking this on.

I should say also that this is a FULL native conversion and not a port-over.

Well done..! Thanks for your efforts...

Wow! That looks amazing. Nice work you two.

Ooooh Excellent! Exciting to have more amphibians.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Nice! I have missed flying this beautiful bird for a while.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Outstanding! I may have to look at my paints again..

Any chance of adding a second wing, texture-wise? The wing textures are now mirrored.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Outstanding! I may have to look at my paints again..

Any chance of adding a second wing, texture-wise? The wing textures are now mirrored.
    For the inital release? Probably not but maybe for a later release or......... a different release

Ohhh, nice, Thank you!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Wow ! Absolutely fantastic news !!! I am so excited and nostalgic about it ! Bravo

Fabulous news! One question, does the autopilot work?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Beautiful indeed. Thank you for the great work!
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Fabulous news! One question, does the autopilot work?
    Like all good aircraft of her she the AP is currently inop. 😎😃🎉
    Seriously though I am hoping to get that fixed for release but won't let it stop release. She flies beautifully trimmed out as is.

I love it! I'm super excited!!!

This is one of my all time favorite aircraft.

I created a paint representing the Collings Foundation Goose that you can find here in the library if you'd like to upgrade it and add it to the release. N985R

Speaking of gooses, have you guys seen this "plane" somebody made on a lark as his first aircraft? (pun intended)

Flyable goose (of the avian variety)

Might be something fun to play with Pam and Oz, lots of room for improvement (I wonder what the cockpit view could be, simply a bird's eye view, maybe a HUD that a bird might have could be imagined )... wing flap sounds instead of an engine and the like..

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Speaking of gooses, have you guys seen this "plane" somebody made on a lark as his first aircraft? (pun intended)

Flyable goose (of the avian variety)

Might be something fun to play with Pam and Oz, lots of room for improvement (I wonder what the cockpit view could be, simply a bird's eye view, maybe a HUD that a bird might have could be imagined )... wing flap sounds instead of an engine and the like..

LOL Yea that's NOT going on the project list (But I have found something pretty dang exciting that is!)

Quote Originally Posted by OzWookiee View Post
    Pam Booker and I are getting pretty close to a release on the OzX Goose Redux HD for MSFS (phew what a mouthful), though we might need to change the working title. Pam remains the only active member of the OzX team who updated the original FSX Goose and we've spent a lot of time with this beauty making her even better for MSFS by replacing all of the old 2D XML Instruments with 3D Gauges, upscaling all of the textures to 4K using AI Upscaling and creating PBR textures for all of the liveries as well.

Cruising around Port Phillip Bay in Victoria Australia

Parked at Latrobe Valley

This was taken halfway through the 2D XML replacement

Closeup of the Pilots main instruments and annunciator panel.

We should have this out (preliminary release) for everyone by Christmas with final updates finished early in the New Year. The development board can be seen here: Grumman Goose for MSFS

We stand on the sholders of Giants and the beauty of this bird is a testament to the original developers and then the OzX Team who took her to the next level.

[EDIT] I should say also that this is a FULL native conversion and not a port-over.

OZwookie ,
    Do you have a release date for this bad boy?

Quote Originally Posted by firerx View Post
    OZwookie ,
    Do you have a release date for this bad boy?
    Initial Release will be before Xmas With some updates in the New Year.

Oooooh!

Oh, wow, this is really exciting! Will this be the first native (as opposed to hacked portover) freeware? Always loved this plane on the old engine, so super excited to experience it in MSFS!

For the inital release? Probably not but maybe for a later release or......... a different release
    Cool to see you're considering it! I'd love to fly this in WW2 colors, and with mirrored wings we can at least do 1941 markings, but us annoying Americans with the star-and-bars on only one wing means we need non-mirrored for most of the paintjobs later in the war and the cool post-war USCG paints.

Not that I'd mind flying, say, an RCAF aircraft until the upgrade. :-)

If anyone's looking for repaint ideas when it ships...

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    +1 for this please. It is sorely needed.

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Icon14

Looking towards for this

Thank OZWookiee, nice Christmas present

Love it! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Members who have read this thread: 0