Bristol Type 188 for FSX Released

Thread: Bristol Type 188 for FSX Released

Bristol Type 188 for FSX Released

Hi All,

I have just uploaded my model of the Bristol Type 188 for FSX.

Bristol Type 188, the 'Flaming Pencil' was a British highspeed research aircraft. Designed to meet operational requirement ER.134T for a testbed capable of speeds greater than Mach 2. Due to the anticipated effects of kinetic heating at high Mach numbers, the fuselage was constructed of stainless steel. Two aircraft were built, XF923 and XF926. First flight of XF923 was on 14th April 1962 and then XF926 with upgraded Gyron Junior engines on 29th April 1963. Ironically, the Maximum speed achieved was Mach 1.88 at 36,000 ft. Although the top speed of the Type 188 was disappointing, the airframe advanced understanding and knowledge of structures, oils, electrics, hydraulic fluid, bearings, tires, windows and cabin environment at high temperatures as well as telemetry which was used during the development of Concorde. Last flight was 11th January 1964. One Bristol Type 188 remains at the RAF Museum, Cosford. FSX SE native design with custom 3D gauges and cockpit.

Regards,
    Tyler
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T188FSX.jpg   FSXT188Cockpit.jpg  

Icon28

This may be a stupid question, but will it work in FSX or just FSX-SE ?
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Quote Originally Posted by T Square View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but will it work in FSX or just FSX-SE ?
    Hi T Square,

I have had some reports that the forward windscreen is opaque in some non-Steam Edition FSX installations.

Please install it and let me know how it works.

Regards,
    Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by tgladman View Post
    Hi T Square,

I have had some reports that the forward windscreen is opaque in some non-Steam Edition FSX installations.

Please install it and let me know how it works.

Regards,
    Tyler
    I have used it in FSX+Accel with dx10 preview with Steves DX10 fixer and the windshield is fine for me!
    Also the plane is a lot of fun and well done!

Members who have read this thread: 0