Small Update 3 December

Thread: Small Update 3 December

Small Update 3 December

When you launch the sim today (3 December), you should have a small update to download. There's no new version # - it's still 1.11.6.0, but according to the official forum, it's a nav data update. I think AI traffic also got updated, since that BGL is new too.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

lol - they went after a number of small issues...which made for a not so small update patch...is that better?

I like it - Flying over Las Vegas in the Baron was possibly smoother just now than last night.

Is anyone else though having issues with switching the ATC on or off to reply to or call out and then momentarily losing control inputs? I sometimes have to mouse over to the ATC window and close it that way because the keyboard 'tab' key loses functionality - along with the stick

I thought at first i was inadvertently activating the auto pilot but that isn't it at all - it seems to be a bug but I haven't seen anyone mention it.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

glad to see others got this ... I noticed the same version number and change log, got worried that somehow it was re-installing last weeks update

- dcc
    - -

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    lol - they went after a number of small issues...which made for a not so small update patch...is that better?

I like it - Flying over Las Vegas in the Baron was possibly smoother just now than last night.

Is anyone else though having issues with switching the ATC on or off to reply to or call out and then momentarily losing control inputs? I sometimes have to mouse over to the ATC window and close it that way because the keyboard 'tab' key loses functionality - along with the stick

I thought at first i was inadvertently activating the auto pilot but that isn't it at all - it seems to be a bug but I haven't seen anyone mention it.
    I'm not positive but I think I've encountered this as well. A few times I have found myself needing to click on the ATC response number as it seems the keypress did nothing.

- dcc
    - -

I wish they'd tell us when they're going to push an update. Unless I turn off bandwidth limiting in the configuration, downloads take forever because of endless restarts for the large packets. Once the update gets pushed though, theres no way to get into the sim to remove my bandwidth limit setting.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by dcc View Post
    I'm not positive but I think I've encountered this as well. A few times I have found myself needing to click on the ATC response number as it seems the keypress did nothing.

- dcc
    ok good - I thought it might be my imagination. It doesn't happen with any specific or repeatable instance of a keystroke or anything I have detected - it is just random enough and rare enough to seem imagined or excusable as an inadvertent keystroke (fatfinger) but it isn't that.

try this though - when you realize pressing the appropriate response number does nothing, try your stick or yoke and see if it is ineffective or deactivated...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

You should see the official forum. This update was just nav data - some waypoints added and a few deleted. But there's a placebo effect that has a few people saying things are better on their system, and a lot more saying their performance has tanked because of it. But the only thing that I can see that might have a possible effect on performance is the new AI traffic file. But I'm guessing that it just changed some routing because of the new waypoints, and didn't really add or subtract enough to make a difference.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Blog Entries
    I am suddenly finding that if I slow down too much while taxing, a magic parking brake comes on. I have to cycle the parking brake before I can, once again, taxi. This just started happening a day or two ago.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

What plane are you in when that happens?
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    I had intermittent keyboard problems like this with a PS/2 connection keyboard I've had for at least 18 years... I bought a cheap Logitech USB connection keyboard and all those keyboard problems have stopped. I use the Scroll Lock key to toggle the ATC window.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    What plane are you in when that happens?
    Tom, I assume this question is for me. It has happened in the CJ4 with mods, and Dino's M-339. Those are the only two aircraft I have flown in the last few days.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

John, yes. Unfortunately, I don't have the 339 and my C74 is all stock since I never fly it. Try something like the Icon or the VL3 and see if they do the same thing. The biggest plane I fly on a regular basis is the TBM. The rest is piston GA.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0