Using a different throttle with the Logitech Pro G yoke?

Thread: Using a different throttle with the Logitech Pro G yoke?

Using a different throttle with the Logitech Pro G yoke?

I have tried to get a definitive answer to this question, but haven't been able to so far. I found a Logitech Pro G throttle for sale, but without the yoke that normally comes with it. Can that yoke be used without that throttle? Can a different throttle (the Saitek X52, for example) work with the Logitech Pro G yoke?

Thanks, NC

The best thing to do would be to give it a try, have you? I've used CH pedals and throttles with non-CH sticks in the past and, apart from having to re-assign some functions, it went well.
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

There are 2 products that the throttle comes in. One is the one that comes with the yoke. This throttle system uses the PS2 connector and as far as I know, will only work with the yoke. The second one is just the throttle system which uses a USB connector. Get a look at the connector, if USB, you can use it without the yoke. If it is a PS2 connector, you need the yoke.

The yoke will work without either throttle. You can use any throttle you like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Zoren View Post
    There are 2 products that the throttle comes in. One is the one that comes with the yoke. This throttle system uses the PS2 connector and as far as I know, will only work with the yoke. The second one is just the throttle system which uses a USB connector. Get a look at the connector, if USB, you can use it without the yoke. If it is a PS2 connector, you need the yoke.

The yoke will work without either throttle. You can use any throttle you like.
    This is right. The PS2 will need the HID of the yoke while the USB has its own. I thought, wrongly, that you had already bought it. If not, make sure it's a "stand-alone" quadrant. Otherwise, it will only be an ugly paperweight.
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

I bought a used Logitech Pro Flight Yoke, but unless I can find a 64 bit driver for it, the yoke will become a paperweight. The Logitech site does not have a 64 bit driver for it; only the 32 bit version, and I cannot locate the 64 bit driver anywhere.

Any help here? I hope so! NC

Update:

Found a driver that works here! https://www.driverscloud.com/en/serv...-x64-801340exe

It was NOT easy to find!

It has literally been years since I had a yoke for flight simming. Kinda nice!

NC, this link to the Logitech support site shows as:
    Flight Yoke System Software

Installs drivers and software allowing you to program your Flight Yoke System
    and is shown as 64-bit

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-ca/ar...ht-Yoke-System

if the one you have works, fine. Maybe file this for future reference

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 0