A question about downloading P3D files for a friend......

Thread: A question about downloading P3D files for a friend......

A question about downloading P3D files for a friend......

I have a friend who lives in a area where there is no internet, except for tethering to his PC, which is sketchy at best. He had a new PC built, and wants to buy P3D by giving me his credit card, download the files, put them on a drive and mail it to him. He could then activate P3D.

However, I recently downloaded the files, using my own LM account. So could I put THOSE on a disc and send those? NC

I don't foresee any problem with doing that.
    It should be the reg key that's important when activating.

I'm not sure why they make us put in our reg details just to get to the download. Maybe its to try and stop people who don't own it from downloading to see if they can crack it.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    I don't foresee any problem with doing that.It should be the reg key that's important when activating.I'm not sure why they make us put in our reg details just to get to the download. Maybe its to try and stop people who don't own it from downloading to see if they can crack it.
    Its more the later part, its no different to online stores where they make you sign in to see or download your purchases prior to activationNC, as long as your not using your key with his install you will be fine, if you do use your key, you will be locked out of your install

Activation of the sim will be the issue here, I think.

If there's no internet, then there are other routes available. See here.

Dave

Thanks to your replies, guys!

My friend was able to get online and purchase P3D. I will be shipping a external drive with all the files he will need. I am including the 22.7gb .msi file and the separate files as well, if for some reason the .msi file malfunctions upon install. As he is not able to download much, I am including a LOT of freeware addons. Eventually he will be up and flying P3DV5.1!

He is retired from Grumman. NC

Members who have read this thread: 0