old map data

Thread: old map data

old map data

Some of the map data is much older than I thought it would be. I live in the States, in central Illinois, which I thought was one of the areas that got updated data in last week's update (at least from what I could tell from the map they showed)

But I flew just north of my city and over my work complex, and noted that the streets and buildings as they were back in 2000. I looked on Bing maps and sure enough, that's what was there. The city appears to have updated imagery (about 5 years old based on my neighborhood), but just north of the city hasn't been updated in nearly two decades. Google maps has features in this same area north of the city that are as recent as two years ago. MS has some catching up to do. Makes me wonder how often they will update the data.

Still quite fun to see familiar buildings, parks, roads, etc. even if the data is a bit dated.

- dcc
    - -

Indeed, I just saw a trailer for the new US World Scenery update and Kennedy Space Center looks like it did a long time ago with the Saturn 5 outside......unless I'm seeing things. Its minor, but when it's an update, you'd think it would use newer imagery? Its minor I guess.

Yep - there is a major interstate missing from the GSO area. Oddly enough, the road location is there, because if you take a drone to the location, there are cars and trucks driving around on the ground!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0