Formerly Flying Stations Buccaneers in P3DV4

Thread: Formerly Flying Stations Buccaneers in P3DV4

Blog Entries

Formerly Flying Stations Buccaneers in P3DV4

Wondering if anyone has been able to get this lovely FSX model (or models, for those of us who bought both the S.1 and S.2) flying in the later versions of P3D?

Many thanks in advance for any updates or insight. Been away for a number of months, so apologies if this was posted elsewhere - I did seach and didn't see any updates recently.

thanks,

dl

In a sense, yes. I have the S1 in v5.1 + Hotfix, as illustrated here, and she flies!!! :-) I also had the S1 and S2 flying in v4. However, some gauges (such as the artificial horizons and the blown flaps) and the payload manager are inoperable, as they are 32-bit rather than 64-bit. See Phil's post on another thread here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1204845

The lack of artificial horizons has meant I've only really flown them "by hand" in VFR conditions. I should also say that when flying over TrueEarth scenery (always over Scotland, out of HMS Fulmar of course... where else?!) the Observer's Blue Parrot display looks artificially clear (I've never seen a radar so lacking in clutter)!

If others have more insights I'd also welcome them, as it will be a sad, sad day when I finally have to retire this magnificent machine from my flight sims. I'm still hoping that Phil might do the 32-bit to 64-bit gauge conversions at some point.

Andy

Last edited by spatialpro; December 1st, 2020 at 13:17.

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 1