Bristol Type 188 for P3Dv4.4+ Released

Thread: Bristol Type 188 for P3Dv4.4+ Released

Bristol Type 188 for P3Dv4.4+ Released

Hi All,

I have uploaded my Bristol Type 188 model for P3Dv4.4+ to Flightsim.com and sim-outhouse.com for download.

FSX version to follow.

Bristol Type 188, the 'Flaming Pencil' was a British highspeed research aircraft. Designed to meet operational requirement ER.134T for a testbed capable of speeds greater than Mach 2. Due to the anticipated effects of kinetic heating at high Mach numbers, the fuselage was constructed of stainless steel. Two aircraft were built, XF923 and XF926. First flight of XF923 was on 14th April 1962 and then XF926 with upgraded Gyron Junior engines on 29th April 1963. Ironically, the Maximum speed achieved was Mach 1.88 at 36,000 ft. Although the top speed of the Type 188 was disappointing, the airframe advanced understanding and knowledge of structures, oils, electrics, hydraulic fluid, bearings, tires, windows and cabin environment at high temperatures as well as telemetry which was used during the development of Concorde. Last flight was 11th January 1964. One Bristol Type 188 remains at the RAF Museum, Cosford. P3Dv4.4 native design with custom 3D gauges and cockpit.

Tyler

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bristol_Type_188.jpg   Bristol_Type_188_Cockpit.jpg   P6cPm5.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Magnificent - thanks so much, and I look forward to trying it out tonight.

Really appreciate devs who take on obscure subjects, and even more so as freeware of this quality.

thanks again,

dl

Ohh, nice surprice! Thank a lot for your work!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thank you.

If anyone tries it in P3Dv4.5 or v5, please let me know if it works ok, as I do not have P3Dv4.5 or v5 yet.

Regards,
    Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by tgladman View Post
    Thank you.

If anyone tries it in P3Dv4.5 or v5, please let me know if it works ok, as I do not have P3Dv4.5 or v5 yet.

Regards,
    Tyler
    Hi Tyler,
    I do have your model installed in P3DV5.1. It looks quit nice, and is fast! I do see a couple problems. The exhaust looks like it is in partial AB, just sitting at idle, before actually going to full aftetburner. And it (for me at least), taxies too fast when parking brake is off. But it is a beautiful model, thank you! NC

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    All fine in 5.1

Thank you noddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Hi Tyler,
    I do have your model installed in P3DV5.1. It looks quit nice, and is fast! I do see a couple problems. The exhaust looks like it is in partial AB, just sitting at idle, before actually going to full aftetburner. And it (for me at least), taxies too fast when parking brake is off. But it is a beautiful model, thank you! NC

Thank you Navy Chief.

Is the afterburner at idle the 'flame' effect showing or the nozzle position? I'm not sure how to reduce the taxi speed.

Regards,
    Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by tgladman View Post
    Thank you Navy Chief.

Is the afterburner at idle the 'flame' effect showing or the nozzle position? I'm not sure how to reduce the taxi speed.

Regards,
    Tyler
    The actual afterburner flame is not showing at idle, but the inside of the exhaust is orange, not dark at idle? Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    The actual afterburner flame is not showing at idle, but the inside of the exhaust is orange, not dark at idle? Pete
    Hi Pete.

Try pressing the 'I' key as the smoke effect for the reheat may be out of sync.

Tyler

Members who have read this thread: 0