Bizarre AC markings
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bizarre AC markings

Bizarre AC markings

As stated in my previous post, I replaced my hosed ETO install with a back-up. Except for some BF-109's and German tanks, every other aircraft have these strange markings. Some even have menu text on them!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3 2020-11-29 09-40-50-00.jpg   cfs3 2020-11-29 09-41-07-64.jpg  

Here's a better example
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3 2020-11-29 09-41-07-64.jpg  

I don't know how you got there, but obviously the models are calling for the wrong textures, or it's possible the aircraft textures are missing?
    The P-51 looks quite nice! lol Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

If you have another aircraft set that works in a different install, you could try importing that aircraft folder to this install?
    I would remove the original AC folder and stick it on your desktop then import the other AC folder, I wouldn't overwrite anything.
    John

Keep it coming!

Interesting that it's mapping the UI image, including the menus, onto the aircraft, and not the actual dds textures.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Interesting that it's mapping the UI image, including the menus, onto the aircraft, and not the actual dds textures.
    Yea don't think I've seen that before, very strange.
    John

Keep it coming!

I had the same problem and this was my fix:

I have now figured out the one setting in the NVIDIA control panel that causes the problem. Under "Antialiasing-Mode", if I pick "Override any application setting", the aircraft panel texture problem comes back. All the other options under this setting work fine. However, that was the only setting I have found so far that eliminates the "barber pole" (I'm not sure what the technical term is) effect on wires, flag poles etc. I've found some other settings that help but don't eliminate it, but will keep trying.

Give that man a medal!After 18 years in service it's quite hard to find a new way for CFS3 to mess up, but you sir have succeeded spectacularly! Another set of medals to mcbob for the fix!

mcbob, your issue, I believe, is due to not using anti-aliasing. You can turn it on in the CFS3 config tool under Change Display Options. You'll see a drop down box for anti-aliasing and you can select 2, 4, or 8 samples (at least those are the options I get). The greater the number of samples, the smoother the image becomes, but it can also cost you in performance. Like everything else, find a compromise between performance and quality that works for you.

our earlier discussion of Nvidia settings:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ghlight=Diablo

also a helpful discussion about the benefits of running in borderless window mode

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1211192
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

My card is a Radeon and I've made no changes to any of the settings, also my cockpit textures are fine!.....damn gremlins!
    Last edited by Flamingskull5000; November 30th, 2020 at 06:30.

After many attempts to rectify this issue I'm at a dead end. It does not occur in any other install than ETO and as stated before, some German A/C are fine. My cockpit panels are not affected, and otherwise terrain etc appear fine. If it was a video card setting, it would manifest itself it other installs also. I'm going to try flying as is and see how the AI A/C look. Keep ya posted

Otherwise you may have to re install ETO, especially if it is some old one you found on another HD.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Otherwise you may have to re install ETO, especially if it is some old one you found on another HD.
    Tried that today, not working out........

Here is the web address to the thread of my similar problem, I don't know how to make it a link. The first post shows a way I was able to work around the problem. Don't know if it will work for you.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ht=#post985369

Bob

Thanks McBob, I'll give it a whirl!

So..........after beating my head against the wall for a week, trying various solutions to the problem at hand, it seems all that was required was to run in 32 bit and a higher screen resolution. It looks great! Only issue now is while in flight the mouse wants to compete with Track IR. If I go to end a QC session, I can't click end combat because the arrow is gone and it pans around the cockpit.......thoughts?

This may not be exactly your issue, but perhaps it's related. Mouse look can be switched on/off in-game by clicking RIGHT mouse button and it starts OFF by default. So to use mouse look you will need to right-click the mouse once. This can also be temporarily disabled in game by going to an external view or holding down the "Alt" key in the cockpit.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Right clicking the mouse doesn't appear to disable it in flight, switching to an external view however is a work around for now

It appears that holding down the ALT key returns the mouse to cursor mode while in flight, but I can't find a way to make it permanent. Not very practical if your trying to take advantage of the clickable cockpits in the SJ Spit or FW190!

Turn off the mouse look in the d3d8.ini as below.

; Adjusts mouse speed for clickable cockpit functions.
    MouseControlSpeed=5
    ; Range 0 to 10. Value of 0 disables mouse look entirely.
    MouseLookSpeed=0

Where do I find this file? There looks to be 3 d3d8 files, but none as a ini

It's in the main game folder.

It will only be there if you have AnKor's Shaders installed.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

And I do not.....................

So for the hell of it, I went into my WOTR folder to see if this ini file existed, knowing that WOTR uses Ankor's Shaders. I don't see it, looks the same as my other installs. Was a bit suprised to find a folder in OBD main titled ETO Expansion. I knew they are joined at the hip to a degree.......

Members who have read this thread: 0