Czech Avia B-534.IV biplane WWII fighter for Fs9 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Czech Avia B-534.IV biplane WWII fighter for Fs9

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The first Czech police aviation squadrons (called "Cetnicke letecke hlidky" - Gendarme aviation patrols) were founded in 1935. They were abolished in 1939 because of WWII. After the war a new police aviation squadron was established called "Letectvo sboru narodni bezpecnosti" - The aviation of the Corps of national security. This unit has been reorganised and renamed many times. It was popularly known as the National Air Guard or Security Air Guard.

A quick one, to avoid getting bored!

Cheers,
    Huub
    Huub... you going to be doing the Luftwaffe winter scheme to go with that?

Ttfn

Pete

Luftwaffe Avia B-534.IV

Hallo friends,

also the pilot has changed, yes it is your servant,
    Papi himself
    Yours Papi

Looking forward to these repaints, for an already excellent aircraft . I think your selling yourself short Papi, the Luftwaffe scheme looks pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Huub... you going to be doing the Luftwaffe winter scheme to go with that?

Ttfn

Pete
    Hi Pete,

What I try to do is to provide a simple, easy to use paintkit, so everybody can make his own personal favourite liveries.

The paintkit will contain the layers for the Czech Air Force and Czech Police repaints. I haven't thought about other repaints yet.

Cheers,
    Huub

Avia B534 paintkit

Hallo Huub
    I believe that a paintkit that will just have textures the way I call "factory fresh"
    will be of best use for any repaint
    what I mean will be a weathered neutral texture in silver/grey without markings,
    just as if the ac cames out from the assembly line
    Yours
    Papi

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hallo Huub
    I believe that a paintkit that will just have textures the way I call "factory fresh"
    will be of best use for any repaint
    what I mean will be a weathered neutral texture in silver/grey without markings,
    just as if the ac cames out from the assembly line
    Yours
    Papi
    I have done some attempts to add some weathering, but the fuselage textures are a bit stretched near the front, top and bottom. Therefore it is not possible to draw some credible oil streaks and stains. So my repaints will be unusual clean.

As said the paintkit be be easy to use. I think the Avia's left the factory in the colours the Czech air force flew them.

Cheers,
    Huub

This Bulgarian repaint is the last one I did for the paint kit. The story of the Bulgarian B.534 is an interesting one. There were 74 ordered but the Bulgarians received most for free from the Germans who had captured them when they invaded Czechoslovakia. After a coup the Bulgarians switched side. So the Avia flew against the American B.24s when they were allied with the Germans and flew agaians messerschmitts when the joined the Allied forces.

All 3 repaints are available in the FS2004 WWII skins library and the simple paintkit can be found in the FS2004 utilities section.

When you wonder about the different shades of green.... so do I. But I took the colours form the profiles from the Eduard kits. As Eduard makes high quality model kits and is from the Czech republic I though they must be considered a reliable source!

Cheers,
    Huub

Another Czechoslovakian Avia B.534 IV

This aircraft is representative of the camouflage scheme used by Avia at the end of the thirties, prior to the Munich crisis. Upper surfaces are Khaki, lower are silver doped, typically a matted shade. The lower surface of the upper wing is also khaki. The blue white Moravian eagle identifies the aircraft as belonging to the 2nd Air Regiment, while the G identifies membership with in the 36th Squadron and the 1 specifies the aircraft within the squadron. The blue tipped spinner was also a squadron identifier, although this was not an official marking. This aircraft is known to have crashed on September 6th 1937, piloted by Sergeant Julius Zaoral, following a collision with another Avia B.534.36, with private First Class Jaroslav Sodek at the controls.

It will be available later today............

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon4

Thanks for all these repaints, moravian eagle is appreciable !

My pleasure Vinci! I'm glad you like them. And the Moravian Eagle is available in the library as well.

Cheers,
    Huub

And a preview of the next one in line.......

Cheers,
    Huub

Avia B-534.IV repaints

Hallo friends,
    after the repaint of the bird in Luftwaffe 1/JG71, I have also uploaded a "neutral factory fresh" version for this fine bird.
    I hope it might be of use for other friends to make some more repaints
    Yours
    Papi

Thanks Papi,

So far my simple to use paint kit has been downloaded 27 time (!). However without much result until now................

Here the next repaint I finished. White 181 (W.Nr.575) from Jagdgruppe Drontheim, which was an advanced fighter training school which operated from Fliegerhorst Grove in Denmark in July 1941 (Now Karup Air base).

The original:

And the repaint:

It will be available in the library soon,

Cheers,
    Huub

White 3 from the Fliegerleherschule (Flight instructor school) at Brandenburg-Briest summer 1940. I still need to finish some small things, but it is nearly there....

Brandenburg-Briest was the airfield from Hansa-Brandenburg and became one of the first airfields from the new Luftwaffe. In 2009 this airfield lost its function and was turned in to "Solarplatz Brandenburg-Briest"

This repaint is done after a wellknown profile from the aircraft CR+VK, which registration has been overpainted with a white 3.

Cheers
    Huub

german aircraft underside colors

Hi Huub,

there are two questions:
    at first why most people use grey colors when they repaint german aircraft?
    german aircraft had in general RLM65 blue undersides
    than completely other thing, for your Jagdgruppe Drontheim screenshots, which scenery did you use?
    I saw the good old Opel Blitz truck in the background - do you have a WW II scenery for Denmark?
    Yours
    Papi

PS a 2D panel is in the pipe, just the dashboard and some gauges changing

Hi Papi,

Your first question can't be answered by me. Perhaps you should ask those who do. But when you ask this question in relation with my repaints for the Avia I can explain you what choices I made.

According to what I have been reading, most Avias used by the Germans originally kept their original colours. Which sounds logical, to me as the Germans did this originally with most captured Dutch aircraft as well. Also the presence of the original Avia logo at the tail is in my opinion clear evidence the aircraft is still in its original colours. For "White 182" it was specifically mentioned that it had been repainted in RLM colours (Although I have my doubts). Therefore I took RLM71 as the top colour and RLM65 for the lower surfaces. As the photograph clearly showed that the bottom of the top wing was still dark, I painted this RLM71 as well.
    For RLM65 I use the RGB values form the now disappeared Simmerspaintshop. Which are RGB 183/198/205 for aircraft painted prior to 1942 and RGB 148/158/157 for aircraft painted after this date.

As the Avias were painted matted aluminium dope at the lower surfaces I used either RLM01 Silber or RLM03 Silber grau in the repaints. As I couldn't find a reliable source for the RGB values of the Czechoslovakian version of Khaki, I used the very dark brownish green version of khaki we Dutch used on our aircraft prior to WWII. This shade has less blue in it compared with RLM71

The lower surfaces. which where painted matted silver on the Avia. were outlined (or "kontura" in Czech) with same colour of the upper surfaces. So I hope this explains why most of my Avia repaints have greyish lower surfaces and the dark khaki edges.

The scenery I use in my screenshots is normally done by Ian Elliott. I think I used the Achmer scenery for the screenshot with the Opel Blitz trucks, but it could also have been Westerland-Sylt (which is nearly Denmark ). From "white 3" I have taken some screenshots at Werneuchen, which was originally done by Frithjof Koch, Matthias Ewald, Volker Loew, but was turned into a genuine WWII airfield by our own Shessi.
    I'm not aware of any WWII scenery in Denmark. There could have been a WWII version of Fliegerhorst Grove by a group called Virtual German Air Force, but the links are all dead now.

Cheers,
    Huub

German colors

Good evening Huub

wow what a precise reply, thank you a lot
    for the first time I got indications for the colors "translated" to RGB
    It was difficult to find the good rgb values.
    Can you also give advices for the other german used colors?
    I' m realy glad for your answer.
    Denmark would so an interesting field to look on for Ian lol.
    Ah flightsim is a real passion
    Yours
    Papi

Hi Papi,

Before Arjan van de Logt closed his Simmerspaintshop web-site I copied his colour swatches. As we normally base our colour shades on poor quality black and white pictures and contradicting information from manufactures, I am very reluctant to say the information is absolutely correct. Arjan's main objective was that all aircraft in a game like IL2 at least had the same shades and was not entirely to be 100% correct. But at least he took time and effort to do the required research to come to this overview. And even today the RLM65 looks quite different when the paint is made by Humbrol, Tamiya, Xtracolor, Revell or Vallejo.......

There is a link below, where you can find these swatches. Just unzip in a folder and you can use the urls to open the colour swatch from the specific country.

Cheers,
    Huub

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b94puz4ggc...tches.zip?dl=0

We have also distributed these charts on FSDeveloper, in the wiki.
    At least it's a public source, so that's the big advantage of it, instead of everyone finding out their own codes.
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Hey Daan,

Welcome in the dungeons of flightsimmimg!

Cheers,
    Huub

Haha! The old sims look so cute, but yet, quite good.
    Somewhere I read this: your brain is trying its best to see that something is not real-life. The more realistic it looks, the more inaccurate details will surface. That would vote for a less realistic sim, right?
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

The repaint "White 3"from the "Brandenburger-Briest Fliegerlehrerschule" should be available in the library now.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thank you Shessi and Chris for this to me unknown new aircraft.
    And also thanks to Huub and Papi for the repaints and the paint kit.
    I did not have the time and leisure yet to install and fly it.
    But seeing the screenshots this will definitely become a permanent member of my warbird hangar.
    Hartwig
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Thanks Hartwig, the Avia is definitely nice canvas to paint!

The next one is one Pete (Motormouse) was asking about. Its an aircraft from 7/LLG1, which was used to tow DFS230 gliders at the Eastern front. (LLG= Luftlandegeschwader/Airborne squadron) most likely during the winter of 1941/1942. The aircraft was equipped with a towing gear and an external tank.

The real one after an unfortunate manoeuvre...

And the virtual one........

Almost finished.....

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2024
    Once again, I have to express my thanks for everyone involved, with the model and the skins... this has been a treat, wonderful work! I can also happily add that with one tweak to the materials with mdlmat, she does just fine in FSX-Acceleration.

Thanks, Mike Z.

Members who have read this thread: 0