Bill Womacks KPDX

Thread: Bill Womacks KPDX

Bill Womacks KPDX

I thought Bill's excellent Portland Int'l. was available for FSX but no matter how I search, it only gives me P3D or X-Plane versions. Anyone know if it really is available for FSX?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

A different version of that airport and surrounding sceneryare in a freeware Orbx package.

From the FlightBeam website-

Why isn't KPDX available for FSX and/or P3Dv3?

Prepar3D version 4 is a very different from either previous versions of P3D or FSX in one major respect - it's a 64-bit simulator. That means the sim can use all the RAM your system has rather than a small, set amount. The plus side of this is that out-of-memory (OOM) errors are a thing of the past. That gives us the room to add detail like we never could before without killing performance. By authoring for this new environment, however, we're using techniques that don't translate well to the older 32-bit sims. Creating a version of the scenery for older simulators therefore takes a lot more work, and this is at a time when our research shows that use of those sims is rapidly falling off. So the short answer is, it's not worth the amount of extra effort that would go into downgrading the scenery for 32-bit.

Falcon, I put his fs9 version in and removed the square trees. The rest looked pretty good.
    Greenhouse357

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I thought Bill's excellent Portland Int'l. was available for FSX but no matter how I search, it only gives me P3D or X-Plane versions. Anyone know if it really is available for FSX?
    Many moons ago I was a beta tester on the FS9 version. Just before release, FSX came upon us! I was a tester for Bill on KACK and I don't think that he made a version for FSX. There should be a version for P3Dv4 https://iblueyonder.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dexthom View Post
    Many moons ago I was a beta tester on the FS9 version. Just before release, FSX came upon us! I was a tester for Bill on KACK and I don't think that he made a version for FSX. There should be a version for P3Dv4 https://iblueyonder.com/
    Thanks, FSX is all I run now. P3D was no longer interesting once MS2020 was released (although I discovered that my system won't run it) and X-Plane was just a flash in the pan for me.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

SOH-CM-2020
    Sidney Schwartz did Portland KPDX for FSX.

I have it installed and it's good , but with ORBX Vector & LC North America I have airport elevation issues at PDX.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    Sidney Schwartz did Portland KPDX for FSX.I have it installed and it's good
    Where can we find this scenery please and are you same famous guy from CalClassics forums>

Regards,

Aharon

SOH-CM-2020
    Aharon the Portland KPDX scenery is at Avsim " portland_kpdx_2016.zip "

I'm also at CalClassics but I wouldn't say I'm famous though.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    Aharon the Portland KPDX scenery is at Avsim " portland_kpdx_2016.zip "
    Thanks Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0