Manfreds Connie for P3D

Thread: Manfreds Connie for P3D

Manfreds Connie for P3D

Looking for version (if one exists) of Manfred's Constellation that is compatible with P3D V4.5 -
    I see versions out there for FSX and those don't show any preview nor appear in fly screen when selected.

TY

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Looking for version (if one exists) of Manfred's Constellation that is compatible with P3D V4.5 -
    I see versions out there for FSX and those don't show any preview nor appear in fly screen when selected.

TY
    You needed to look here:

https://calclassic.proboards.com/thr...fsx-p3d?page=1

Calclassic’s Tom Gibson converted most of the CC birds to FSX. The ‘749 and ‘121 work and look really well in P3Dv4.

http://www.calclassic.com/planes.html

Manfreds L1049G/H models worked fine for me in P3DV5. Both the Tip tank and non tip tank version came up well. They were the native FSX versions and the VC mods available worked ok to. Straight drop in or port over. Just make sure you have the Doug Dawson 64 bit sound gauges thats all. They look and fly well as far as I can tell. Here is a screen of the old girl over Sydney this morning at 7.10 am. ORBX AU2.

There are some minor issues with the aluminium textures and the EA which makes some parts look black when they have a shadow from other parts on them that's all. The FE position and switches, gauges and the VC controls all worked for me.

A real pleasure to see the MJ Constellation, which is a Classic transported into the new sim world a credit to the original design and the team who made her.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Manfreds L1049G/H models worked fine for me in P3DV5. Both the Tip tank and non tip tank version came up well. They were the native FSX versions and the VC mods available worked ok to. Straight drop in or port over. Just make sure you have the Doug Dawson 64 bit sound gauges thats all. They look and fly well as far as I can tell. Here is a screen of the old girl over Sydney this morning at 7.10 am. ORBX AU2.

There are some minor issues with the aluminium textures and the EA which makes some parts look black when they have a shadow from other parts on them that's all. The FE position and switches, gauges and the VC controls all worked for me.

A real pleasure to see the MJ Constellation, which is a Classic transported into the new sim world a credit to the original design and the team who made her.

How do the panels look in P3D?

Grey Eagle - I think the panels have come up pretty damn good actually considering their age and original VC design. Here are 3 screens Captain, Captain looking back to FE and the FE panel pop up.

Footnote: If your a Connie fan A2A have made available the V5 of the L049 for P3D. Unfortunately they want you to pay so there is no free upgrade from FSX or early P3D version and it is not cheap. I did anyway just to get my Connie collection back and up in the new sim. I also think the new P3DV5.1.12 is great, no bugs, no issues, runs smooth as silk with all the scenery sliders at max for me and a predominantly ORBX world. On a personal note I actually have no issues with developers charging for upgrades, a small fee is fine by me but the A2A full price was a bit over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Grey Eagle - I think the panels have come up pretty damn good actually considering their age and original VC design. Here are 3 screens Captain, Captain looking back to FE and the FE panel pop up.

Footnote: If your a Connie fan A2A have made available the V5 of the L049 for P3D. Unfortunately they want you to pay so there is no free upgrade from FSX or early P3D version and it is not cheap. I did anyway just to get my Connie collection back and up in the new sim. I also think the new P3DV5.1.12 is great, no bugs, no issues, runs smooth as silk with all the scenery sliders at max for me and a predominantly ORBX world. On a personal note I actually have no issues with developers charging for upgrades, a small fee is fine by me but the A2A full price was a bit over the top.
    Thanks for the info. Some of the cockpit panels look a little dark.

There is Virtavia Connie at a better price.

https://secure.simmarket.com/virtavi...tar-p3d4.phtml

Over at Calclassic there are so many file to download, FDE, and other stuff to make the any of the Connies work in P3D V4.5.
    Which basic files do I need?

TY

EDIT: not gonna hold my breath but was hoping a holiday discount from A2A for this one.

Over at classics there are there Connie types

Constellation

Super Constellation

L-1649A Starliner

Then have to fine the "extra stuff" to build them up to P3D V4 level.

The A2A Connie is sold at Academic and Professional level ( different prices) and not sure what you get for the xtra $$$.

At the A2A forum, I've noted some users not too happy with it.

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/vie...?f=133&t=68790

Kinda like the L-1049 Super Constellation (with longer fuselage),

Hi

there is 749,1049,1649 @Cal Classics.

http://www.calclassic.com/planes.html

You look for something like FSX/P3D files on the various pages ( its my Love Connie yes, but there are DC6-7 too P3D too)

FS2004/FSX TWA L-749 Constellation. Well, Manfred Jahn and his hard working group have done it again! This time it is the L-749, which was generally considered the best Connie built. It was reasonally reliable, had good range, and fine economics. It is provided in multiple versions, and includes other airline and military liveries for each of those. The version pictured is a TWA 749 in the mid 1960's. Thanks to all! Last updated on 12/9/09. Model Update. Last updated on 1/10/10. Optional flight dynamics update. Last updated on 1/29/10. Flight dynamics taxi update (must also use FD update). Last updated on 4/28/11. FSX Supercharger fix. Last updated on 4/28/11.FSX/P3D MDL Files. I have converted two of the MDL files to FSX native format, for use with FSX and P3D. Last updated on 11/4/20.

FS2004/FSX TWA L-749 Constellation (early)

Its a bit of work to compilebut in the end you fly Connies best Trimotor of all times
    ( and after a HUGE work by Tom and his team )

Roland

Rolled out of the hangar the Willy Fudd version of Manfred & Co's still really wonderful Connies (I recently got the A2A L049 - it's nice but I am more impressed with this veteran freeware!).

Problem: manual engine starts not firing. Props turn but don't burn. Fuel pumps on, mixture full, props fine, internal and external power there, etc. Even tried to boost the air.cfg starter torque to 0.9550 but nothing firing. Actually, that is what you do when they don't turn at all. Ctrl - E only starts engine nos 1 and 2.

Anyone else experience this or have ideas what's going on? Thanks.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Rolled out of the hangar the Willy Fudd version of Manfred & Co's still really wonderful Connies (I recently got the A2A L049 - it's nice but I am more impressed with this veteran freeware!).

Problem: manual engine starts not firing. Props turn but don't burn. Fuel pumps on, mixture full, props fine, internal and external power there, etc. Even tried to boost the air.cfg starter torque to 0.9550 but nothing firing. Actually, that is what you do when they don't turn at all. Ctrl - E only starts engine nos 1 and 2.

Anyone else experience this or have ideas what's going on? Thanks.
    Which one you use exactely ?

The 1049H dies all correct in P3DV4.5 ( and 5 too) out of KOAK

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-4-12_16-2-19-428.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	86927
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2022-4-12_16-2-45-952.jpg   2022-4-12_16-4-37-551.jpg  

Using the Navy WV-2 Warning Star variant. Will test some other models.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 2