A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Scenery

Description: This package provides a comprehensive collection of scenery covering flying boat stops, bases or locations across the globe. It enables you to fly to any place that was once flown to by Imperial Airways, BOAC, QANTAS, TEAL or PANAM. From London to Sydney Australia and across the Pacific to the USA. Africa the Middle East and Asia. The only areas missing and inadequately covered is South America. It is focused on the pre WW2 and post WW2 period and the locations are precise and historically accurate and have been cross checked during a rigorous and extensive research effort that went into even finding where some places actually were.

I have only omitted locations where modern redevelopment has meant where once was a bay or water area it has been filled in for other uses so there are a number of places that are not in the list because in the modern world as the song used to say " They paved paradise and put up a parking lot".

The scenery was constructed over a long period of time using ADE and references ORBX Global Base and Vector. The reason for that has always been ORBXs geographically correct coast and river outlines. The scenery has been tested and checked and works fine in P3DV5. You may get the odd failed to load a texture report when you exit P3DV5 but you can safely ignore that it means there was an old non compatible model or texture still lurking in a library somewhere that I may have missed it will have no impact on the sims functioning or your flying enjoyment.

To benefit from the eye-candy aspects will require you to find and download a large number of freeware scenery object libraries available on the WWW. A comprehensive list is provided in the how to and reading material in the package. It is not that onerous BUT without them you will go places but see nothing other than the default scenery, that's all. I have not provide uploads of these library because they are not mine to give, they are all freeware and available and compatible with P3DV5. I share and use them in the spirit in which they were made available Besides the upload would be in the vicinity of several GB by the time that was done.

A list of the locations is provided and once added to the P3DV5 scenery library and activate are easily found via the Scenery go to airport or location menu or tool in P3D.

The scenery is simple and the places and names accurate. Install and activate as per P3DV5 standard processes.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FLYING BOAT SCENERY PACKAGE P3DV5
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.