missing functions

Thread: missing functions

missing functions

I'm still new to MSFS (coming from FS9 mostly), and between reading posts and running the sim I'm trying to find out if either I'm missing something (haven't found it yet) or the sim just doesn't have some of the functions I regularly use in FS9.

As far as I can tell these things are missing
    - adjustable simulation rate
    - tower view (fixed point camera)
    - instant replay
    - flight analysis window
    - interactive map, (click on things to get info, drag a/c to reposition a/c etc.
    - pop-up 2D controls (other than the right Alt feature to detach the graphics portions of glass devices and the few windows that can be detached side as ATC, moving map)
    - switch aircraft in flight
    - save flight mid-flight (it would seem possible since the training videos are this way)
    - top view (single button to see view from above, not spot plane view)

There are others, but these are ones I use a lot in FS9. Has anyone found any of these in the new sim?

Thanks,

- dcc
    - -

The sim rate is there, but I forget the default commands. But yeah, there are some things like 2D controls that I miss sometimes. There is a semi-sort-of workaround for that though. Hold the right Alt key as you hover over any electronic display and the mouse should turn to a magnifying glass. Click the display and that screen will pop out as a new undocked window that can be moved to another display. If you're flying a plane that has touch screens, they will still respond to mouse clicks.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by dcc View Post
    - switch aircraft in flight
    There is a "workaround" just turn the developer mode on:

1. Options
    2. General
    3. Developers

Then you get a menu-bar:
    Under "window" you have:
    - Aircraft Selector
    - Teleport Window (when ported, make sure you turn the "slew" off, sometimes it's turned on after being ported)

Since the last patch, you also can select the auto-hide function on, so the dev-menubar is not always visible.

Marcel

great tips and work-a-rounds Tom and Marcel, Thanks!

- dcc
    - -

Members who have read this thread: 0