MC-15 "Cri-Cri" for MSFS of ATSim released

Thread: MC-15 "Cri-Cri" for MSFS of ATSim released

MC-15 "Cri-Cri" for MSFS of ATSim released

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Holy Moly! I wouldn't want to be seen dead in this fairground attraction. Sjeeezzz!!

I am NOT going to buy this!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I knew it !

Despite the fact that i think it should be forbidden for any aircraft manufacturer to develop such a monstrosity except to serve as a merry-go-round object, according to the screenshots this MSFS edition seems to have been put together very well indeed (i do fail to understand why they did not put all this work into developing a proper single seat aircraft)

Wasn't it like this grasshopper on steroids is available for FSX/P3D as well ? I just wonder could that have been the basis of this MSFS edition ? ( like Dino's Long EZ and MB339 ?...) Or would this be a first thirdparty original 'from scratch' MSFS iteration ? ( just curious ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I am NOT going to buy this!
    I'm afraid you won't stand it !

you can deny yourself 4-5 beers ; )

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Icon23

I bought it. I have it in P3D, and it's actually a nice little plane.
    Sue

I feel compelled to buy this just because it's so stupid looking.

And of course, to support ATSimulations for their first release in the new sim. I absolutely adored my old SibWings aircraft, the AN-2, the Bird Dog and the Safir. I'm not sure who is still around from that team but I understand it's at least some of the same developers.

Seems very reasonably priced, too

So after my first 45 minutes or so with the aircraft, I'm feeling good about my purchase. Fantastic 3d model, fun flight model, it's been a while since I've flown something that felt like it was actively trying to kill me, its of course a rather slow aircraft but it was a blast skimming the water and flying ultra low over terrain.

I think the sound is mostly bad, though. I actually stopped mid-flight and switched from the piston version to the jet version because the piston version is one of the most annoying sounds you can imagine. It uses the Legacy sound model and does not contain a soundai folder for multiplayer. I understand it's a new sim and Wwise implementation is completely different then what we are used to in the older sims, but even for a Legacy sound model it is among the worst I have ever heard. It's so bad I'm convinced it may actually be a bug and not performing the way it was intended.

That said, for the price I'm pretty happy with it and I will just swap out the engine sounds for something better in the meantime and hope the included audio package will be improved. I like the way it flies and I adore how dumb it is, it was very obviously made with a lot of care and attention to detail. If you are looking for something to fly low and slow with great visibility, but actually flys like a child's wagon with jet engines strapped to either side, you can't go wrong with the Cri-Cri.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    ...but even for a Legacy sound model it is among the worst I have ever heard. It's so bad I'm convinced it may actually be a bug and not performing the way it was intended.
    Isn't it supposed to sound like a bug ? Actually it IS a bug all together, isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I'm afraid you won't stand it !you can deny yourself 4-5 beers ; )
    Even if I wanted it, because of Asobo's fundamental reduction of the detail level in "Flight 2020" by the latest update, I'll further curtail any future purchases of add-ons for this sim. I thought there was something wrong with my graphics settings, but it's the sim sadly.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

The engine sound is way off, here's what it actually sound like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xaAfqdOhf8

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Btw. do you know that the first version of Cri Cri (MC-10) was powered by engine of chainsaw .

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Isn't it supposed to sound like a bug ? Actually it IS a bug all together, isn't it.
    Essentially, yes.. I just don't think the sound for this aircraft is designed well. It uses the same engine sound for both engines, a very high pitched annoying noise with very little variation in sound. Here is a quick clip I recorded this morning so you can see what I mean. My issue is not really with the sound of the tiny little piston engines, but the way it is implemented and represented in the sim.

Volume warning, it is loud and very obnoxious (sorry for the TrackIR wonkyness at the start)

The video Storm posted seems to be a much better representation of how the aircraft should sound.

and just because I have nothing better to do on a Saturday...

https://streamable.com/x1kut2

Gad the sound is terrible ! It doesn't sound like that in P3D ! AARRGGHH!

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Essentially, yes.. I just don't think the sound for this aircraft is designed well. It uses the same engine sound for both engines, a very high pitched annoying noise with very little variation in sound. Here is a quick clip I recorded this morning so you can see what I mean. My issue is not really with the sound of the tiny little piston engines, but the way it is implemented and represented in the sim.

Volume warning, it is loud and very obnoxious (sorry for the TrackIR wonkyness at the start)
    Must say i'm not surprised, horrendus indeed, but still suits this equally horrendus bug perfectly if you ask me. Don't wanna say it really but you kinda asked for it.

The video Storm posted seems to be a much better representation of how the aircraft should sound.
    Actually not found the whereabouts of the default aircraft sound folders yet but i noticed that the sounds folder of Dino's MB339 looks exactly the same as we know them from FSX/P3D. All wafs and a sound.cfg. If you can locate the sound folder for this Cry-Cry baby, you might be able to exchange the soundsuit for something better ? (like the original from the real one video ? )

Btw, i do like the exhaust animations ! ( i say again, they should've put all this work into the model of a proper aircraft !)

and just because I have nothing better to do on a Saturday...

https://streamable.com/x1kut2
    LOL ! ( i shall refrain from telling you what the second address of this video link means in dutch. Coincidently it means exactly what i think of this Cry-Cry Baby )

SOH-CM-2024
    Once one realizes it is not an airplane to throw around in the sky and gets use to the way she flies. I like it. I do think the prop's engine sound is off and far too loud. AT is to be congratulated for releasing a Paint Kit for MSFS too, the first to do so AFAIK. I got it yesterday and did a short local hop. Good visibility from the pit. I just have to turn the sound down. I read on the download site that the sound is being attended to and a new update for it will be released.

Cazzie

Oh, I hope so !

Hello,

an update is coming soon, with new sound and engines dynamics.

there is a PDF manual and the real fly manual on Atsimulation website.

Have you notice the brakes are not functionnaly in the CV ?

Members who have read this thread: 0