Testing Fighter Command radio

Thread: Testing Fighter Command radio

Testing Fighter Command radio

This is one of some tests I am making for sdsbolt's future release of his app which does many things; AI Mkiv radar in RAF night fighters; Knickebein direction beam for LW Blitz bombers; RAF Fighter Control; and I am using it for the LW Lorenz ILS landing system.

This video is from my BoB Mki large mission with multiple aircraft "18 August Hardest Day Pt III RAF 257 FC Hurricanes". Now one has to imagine that the FC is not only reporting on the bogies closest to you, but that you can hear it directing other flights to their targets. This means that one should not turn on FC until one is at the waypoint nearest one's targets; something I would mention in a mission briefing. Of course one can go off and do one's own thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYokiJdM9tw

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

This is incredible. Could you possibly send me the beta for this? I'd like to use it as I rework my Battle of Britain missions.
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

Quote Originally Posted by grover1 View Post
    This is incredible. Could you possibly send me the beta for this? I'd like to use it as I rework my Battle of Britain missions.
    I can't at the moment as it is not mine to release or share. However you could ask sdsbolt. In any case it is not a big issue for reworking missions as all one has to do is rename a player aircraft so it can be 'contacted' by sdsbolt's app which runs along side CFS3. I imagine the release is relatively soon....

Thanks James. I'll reach out and see if I can get a beta. I'm thinking it might be possible to use this for other countries as well to recreate ground control intercept for Luftwaffe night fighter operations or even link it to ground units for close air support operations.

Quote Originally Posted by grover1 View Post
    Thanks James. I'll reach out and see if I can get a beta. I'm thinking it might be possible to use this for other countries as well to recreate ground control intercept for Luftwaffe night fighter operations or even link it to ground units for close air support operations.
    The answer is probably not at this stage. You can be sure I have gone there! Steve has made a separate app and as a non Comp Sc. person, I have no idea of how he programmed it , but I know he has worked hard on it, certainly all 2020!

It's still amazing work! I'm definitely going to keep my eyes on it. I'll be sending you a message soon as I think I found a fair bit out about spawns.

That's a definite "Wow"!! Amazing work indeed!

Out of curiosity: What are the clicks heard after 0:50s? Mike click emulations (confessing I don't know what they really sound like) or sound files not playing correctly?

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post

Out of curiosity: What are the clicks heard after 0:50s? Mike click emulations (confessing I don't know what they really sound like) or sound files not playing correctly?
    \

You would have to ask Steve! However mike clicks sounds good! I will have to test more; maybe with less activity around to see if that effect is still there.

Blog Entries
    Hells bells! Just when I thought that Cfs3 couldn't get much better this comes along!! Very, very impressive!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Now one has to imagine that the FC is not only reporting on the bogies closest to you, but that you can hear it directing other flights to their targets.
    -To be clear it is not actually directing other flights only yours. It is not ideally suited to busy daytime activity as it's designed to deal with spaced out LW night bombers.

You would have to ask Steve! However mike clicks sounds good!
    -Haven't heard those, are you sure they are not related to the radio chatter effect?

Steve

As Steve said, the app is actually only tracking the player's ac, but, given those limitations. my point was one could imagine FC was talking also to other flights which one could overhear.

Re the clicks, I can check, but suspect it might be related to FC tracking multiple flights. I'll get back on to that.

Members who have read this thread: 0