An irritating Frame rate issue

Thread: An irritating Frame rate issue

An irritating Frame rate issue

This has just appeared out of nowhere over the last few days. I can set up a flight, any AC, any part of the world and fly happily, but when i open up the task bar, to check option's, select AC or consult the map,ect, and close , my frames drop to 1-2 and sometimes the screen blanks and the PC has to restart.
    Ive checked my Graphic driver's and there the same as they were when i updated them in mid Oct, and as far as i know, ive not updated or installed anything else. Ring any bells with anyone

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    This has just appeared out of nowhere over the last few days. I can set up a flight, any AC, any part of the world and fly happily, but when i open up the task bar, to check option's, select AC or consult the map,ect, and close , my frames drop to 1-2 and sometimes the screen blanks and the PC has to restart.
    Ive checked my Graphic driver's and there the same as they were when i updated them in mid Oct, and as far as i know, ive not updated or installed anything else. Ring any bells with anyone
    This happens to me when I get close to the memory capacity of my PC (which I also use for editing videos). I have a 1TB hard drive of which FSX and all my add ons take up about 60%. (I also have IL2 1946 but I think its impact is minimal.) Right now I am at 630GB used with 301GB free and things are running okay. A couple of weeks ago I was at about 80GB free space and FSX was taking a hit. I simply deleted a bunch of old mp4 clips (and emptied the recycle bin) to get back where I am now. Might want to check the disk where FSX is installed and see where you're at.

Thanks Josh, I had a check and my disk is only a third full, but i did some house keeping and ran the Win 10 memory diag tool, which didnt see any problems and i think there's an improvement.
    After changing aircraft about 4 times in flight, the above did happen again, but that was only a test, i wouldn't normally do that, so as long as i fly normally, i should be ok, we'll see

I was getting some "your out of memory to run FSX" type warnings a few weeks back for a day or two,but they went as suddenly as they appeared

Members who have read this thread: 0