Manfred Jahn Boeings Re-mastered for Prepar3Dv4 and v5 PBR - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manfred Jahn Boeings Re-mastered for Prepar3Dv4 and v5 PBR

Dac2 model with rivets C47

Hi G,

As you may remember, Ted had created a texture with extra rivet layers that really popped however, it was done for this:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/117213-Douglas-C-47-KN628-Monty-zip

This was using the model Dak01 which displays the nose antennas. The model C47_2 does not have those antennas for which I would of liked to of seen those rivet layers used.

I know that soon, you plan on putting the C-47 thru the P3D 4.5/5 strainers and wanted to see if there was a way you could incorporate the rivets layers effect into the C47_2 model

as well? Just wanted to catch you before you upgrade the C-47 to P3D V4.5/5 level. I think Ted is in MS2020 orbit and not looking back. He is hard impossible to get in touch with.

Thanks.
    Butch

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Hi G,

As you may remember, Ted had created a texture with extra rivet layers that really popped however, it was done for this:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/117213-Douglas-C-47-KN628-Monty-zip

This was using the model Dak01 which displays the nose antennas. The model C47_2 does not have those antennas for which I would of liked to of seen those rivet layers used.

I know that soon, you plan on putting the C-47 thru the P3D 4.5/5 strainers and wanted to see if there was a way you could incorporate the rivets layers effect into the C47_2 model

as well? Just wanted to catch you before you upgrade the C-47 to P3D V4.5/5 level. I think Ted is in MS2020 orbit and not looking back. He is hard impossible to get in touch with.

Thanks.
    Butch
    My re-mastered model already features TeDs rivets and bumps from the files he has graciously provided.
    I have built both variants of the DAK...on with whiskers, one without. This is a recent video with both models and TeD's rivets. This is the model I have produced with Manfreds source files, but this video does not feature the new four channel texture set package for V5. There will be a video for the PBR 4 channel DAK once I upload the C-97 video I am currently finishing up.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    My re-mastered model already features TeDs rivets and bumps from the files he has graciously provided.
    I have built both variants of the DAK...on with whiskers, one without. This is a recent video with both models and TeD's rivets. This is the model I have produced with Manfreds source files, but this video does not feature the new four channel texture set package for V5. There will be a video for the PBR 4 channel DAK once I upload the C-97 video I am currently finishing up.

Wow! Thanks for the C-47 video. I like the level of detail on the exterior with much sharper view of the cockpit panel/gauges. Glad to hear that you have built a model without the (YAGI) whisker antennas (AN/APR-2)

FWIW, During WWII, it was used in conjunction with suitable beacons for night landing of parachute troops, landing of gliders and maintaining airborne supply operation to isolated positions. In operation the Rebecca (AN/APN-2) emits a signal, causing it to return a signal that was received by two directional Yagi antennas on the aircraft carrying the Rebecca unit. I think the Army Signal Corps used it exclusively in those days.

https://aeroantique.com/products/ant...nt=28899459719

Hopefully, the liveries shown in your video with the nose antennas will adapt to your model with shaved "Whiskers"

Thanks

Edit:

Here is a video that explained the Eureka/Rebecca concept used on the C-47's (Just click on the video in the upper center screen):

https://www.criticalpast.com/video/6..._C-47-Skytrain
    Last edited by gray eagle; December 6th, 2020 at 05:32.

Blog Entries
    Well..we can't have a video of the Superfortress without a video of the Stratofreigters. lol
    I spent some time on this edit. It was worth it...if I do say so myself.

Both planes are pretty much ready for the beta volunteers. Stay tuned.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Well..we can't have a video of the Superfortress without a video of the Stratofreigters. lol

Both planes are pretty much ready for the beta volunteers. Stay tuned.

Excellent editing, Gordon. Looking forward!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

[QUOTE=********;1245511]Well..we can't have a video of the Superfortress without a video of the Stratofreigters. lol
    Both planes are pretty much ready for the beta volunteers. Stay tuned./quote

That looks awesome, I like the deice machine as well.....
    Enjoyed the video...

When I saw the blue logo's on the fuselage of the C-97, it reminded me, a little, of the old Pan Am logo

Last edited by gray eagle; December 6th, 2020 at 13:38.

More awesome shots in that vid, plus splendid metal effects. They should hire you for that new sim.
    Last edited by mjahn; December 7th, 2020 at 04:04.

Blog Entries
    Update:

The latest Windows and Lockheed Martin updates produced one or two glitches in all of my models. Related to the current Prepar3D SDK from what I can figure. I'm still chasing the bug out, nothing major but I want to fix it before I send Manfred's Stratos and DAK out to the beta guys. The models are all working perfectly in V5, but I'm a stickler for details. Some models are now causing CTD when they didn't before, tiny details like that. lol

The anomalies produce one or two glitches in the start up sounds and there seems to code glitches in the modeldef files in the SDK. Not sure...like looking for a needle in a needle stack. I'll get it.

G
    Thomas Jefferson

Update:

The latest Windows and Lockheed Martin updates produced one or two glitches in all of my models. Related to the current Prepar3D SDK from what I can figure. I'm still chasing the bug out, nothing major but I want to fix it before I send Manfred's Stratos and DAK out to the beta guys. The models are all working perfectly in V5, but I'm a stickler for details. Some models are now causing CTD when they didn't before, tiny details like that. lol

The anomalies produce one or two glitches in the start up sounds and there seems to code glitches in the modeldef files in the SDK. Not sure...like looking for a needle in a needle stack. I'll get it.

G
    Thanks for the update! I look forward to hearing how the beta goes.

G,

You are putting an incredible amount of time and effort into this project.
    I am sure it’ll be well worth the wait!
    Thanks so much, nice to see all three of these getting the updates they deserve!

Cheers, Bernard
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    More awesome shots in that vid, plus splendid metal effects. They should hire you for that new sim.
    "THEY" did

Ever grateful Manfred- C

Gordon,
    Thank you for bringing so good news!
    And thank you also for all the brilliant work you have been, are, and will be putting in providing the community with your addons, mods, or work, and bringing some masterpiece aircrafts to multi-sim in addition!
    Being a proud member of DC-3 Airways VA, I am specifically addict to the C-47, and I know a fair couple of buddies of mine who are, as I am, more than highly interested in having their favourite Gooney / Dak available into their recent simulator opus!
    Whatever release date, be sure sitting into the VC of your version (P3Dv5.1.12 at present time) will make not my day, but my year!
    I am not a computer guru, neither am I a 1st of the class pilot,but would be happy to assist or help if/where I can.
    Wishing you all the best,
    Greetings from Paris, France
    Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5 latest edition, mesh Toposim, packs ORBX FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC, + Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA, P3D v6 latest edition, mesh Toposim + TEP, X-Plane 12, simHeaven X-World, M2XP Antarctica

@********

Gordon- lest you start believing the silence is anything other than patient excitement, I wanted to chime in and say this project is one that I am looking forward to more than most. The only thing more exciting would be some news re. the port to MSFS. Hope you both are safe and well, and inclined to offer a tidbit?

Ta- C

Members who have read this thread: 4