Lockheed YC-121 / L-1249A Turboprop P3DV4.5/5.1

Thread: Lockheed YC-121 / L-1249A Turboprop P3DV4.5/5.1

Lockheed YC-121 / L-1249A Turboprop P3DV4.5/5.1

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Civilian aircraft

Description: Lockheed YC-121 / L-1249A Turboprop

Originally FS9/FSX Modified to P3DV4.5/5.1 by R.Berger

Read the Readme REALLY

All credits go to the original developers which gave permission for the P3D conversion

The L-1249A was the turboprop version of the Lockheed Super Constellation and 4 were built for the USAF (YC-121F) and USN (R7V-2), which had considerably higher performance than the piston-engined versions. Full visual model with VC, new flight dynamics. For FS9, works also in FSX. By Volker Bohme, Luis Pallas, Bill Tyne and Stefan Werner. Original model by Manfred Jahn.

The What - IF Varig paint, as L-1249A is civilian registration is courtesy by Tim Scharnhop

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Lockheed YC-121 / L-1249A Turboprop P3DV4.5/5.1
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

I never expected to see this classic updated to 64bit. Bravo! There are a few things I've noticed that could use some tweaking as far as the model animations are concerned: The rudder animation is reversed, the nosewheel steering is a little wonky, and the props remain blurred even when shut down. Aside from those few issues, she's quite fun to fly and a very welcome addition to my hangar.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails L1249.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by InDeepSchit View Post
    I never expected to see this classic updated to 64bit. Bravo! There are a few things I've noticed that could use some tweaking as far as the model animations are concerned: The rudder animation is reversed, the nosewheel steering is a little wonky, and the props remain blurred even when shut down. Aside from those few issues, she's quite fun to fly and a very welcome addition to my hangar.

+1 on the engines blur when switched off.

Also no preview and no show in P3D V4.5 for Lockheed YC-121F USN no tip tanks
    texture=131630

Hi as said I am novice to MDLX- and allready where we are is a hard bumpy road

Rudder-->I have a look

Front wheel--> look too but Connies handle strange, And they can steer 90° left and right

Propblur-->No idea. how to do the shut off.you have either slow, none or waht you see in MDLX

Enjoy Flying

Roland

Rudder corrected-->update uploaded
    Front wheel is correct
    Props- I need time to learn,still as they have been

Enjoy

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-11-29_17-4-5-904.jpg  

Many thanks for the update! Now my crosswind landings will look gorgeous!

I had forgot how fun is to fly this bird, put quite a number of hours in FS2004! Still fighting with this one (need to read the readme! 🤣 )And getting out the old airbrush, apparently the mapping is different from FS2004?, Never mind, lots of fun!!Thanks!!
    Born to Fly

Members who have read this thread: 4