P3dv5 - flying boats and amphibians - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P3dv5 - flying boats and amphibians

Anyone tried the Aerosoft Catalina? That's one of my classics.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by DonMuskopf View Post
    If you use Accu-Feel, you can adjust Water Drag on individual aircraft. I have found that sometimes when you import an FSX native seaplane into P3Dv5, there seems to be too much water drag. In this case, I usually adjust the water drag until the aircraft will lift off at its rated take-off speed. I recommend checking Sea in Accu-Feel's Aircraft Settings and unchecking Waves AUTO. I uncheck Waves AUTO to prevent any conflict with P3Dv5's wave algorithms. Checking Sea allows you adjust Water Drag on individual aircraft and get the nautical sounds provided by Accu-Feel.

Also, I believe in real life the Sandringham took a long time to get airborne.

I'm not sure how A2A adjusts water drag in Accu-Feel, but I would like to understand what parameters related to the airfile govern water drag. Another research project, lol.

Thanks for that. I can now take her off. Much obliged.

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Anyone tried the Aerosoft Catalina? That's one of my classics. Cheers, Mark
    The old Aerosoft PBY (FSX) works just fine. I just copied across the install from FSX and dropped into the simobjects/airplanes folder. (That was early days I no longer do that but getting this xml thing working sometimes is a pain). Anyway works with no glitches or issues that I have found. Not sure if the installer pointed to another folder to get up will work, sometimes that works for some not for others!

This the PBY 5-Mil with JanKees TEAL paint. All the old paints go across ok too so I have not lost a thing there. A delight to have it in this sim. But still to give it a try out with the rolling sea issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    The old Aerosoft PBY (FSX) works just fine. I just copied across the install from FSX and dropped into the simobjects/airplanes folder. (That was early days I no longer do that but getting this xml thing working sometimes is a pain). Anyway works with no glitches or issues that I have found. Not sure if the installer pointed to another folder to get up will work, sometimes that works for some not for others!

This the PBY 5-Mil with JanKees TEAL paint. All the old paints go across ok too so I have not lost a thing there. A delight to have it in this sim. But still to give it a try out with the rolling sea issue.
    Thanks for the report! Sounds promising. Looking forward to try it out once my new system is up and running.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Lionheart Proton Stingray Amphibian in P3Dv5. It's not supposed to be compatible with P3Dv5, only up to v4.4. However, I found that if you disable some of the cockpit sounds in the panel.cfg that were giving error messages when the aircraft loads, it seems to work fine.

Remark out this line

// gauge00=FBGS_Sound_x86!FBGS_XMLSound, 954,699,23,23, SimObjects\Airplanes\LHC_Stingrey_RG\panel\PanelSo unds#200

in the [Window00] and [Vcockpit01] sections.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Proton Stingray.jpg  

Already posted one shot in Screenshots but thought it worthwhile to reproduce another here. This is P3DV5 with the wind cranked up to 60 knots as you would expect a very nasty sea indeed - flying possible not at all not even in the Sunderland. Couple of big waves later she dug in a float and CRASH!.

George Diemer has come out of retirement (sort of) and it appears began upgrading his Sikorsky's for FSX/P3D. More to come I hope. This is the S-44 at Port Washington New York City. Available at the moment on SimAviation P3D/Vintage. The scenery is from my upload here of various FB bases around the globe.

and all the interior and VC is all working very nicely.

The scenery is from my upload here of various FB bases around the globe.

The tireless AF Scrubb has produce a floatplane version of the C172 and the C208 for those with a need to fly a Cessna on floats. Here in the library for download.

Beriev Be-6

This Russian Beriev Be-6 a conversion of a SimRu.us. This is a Russian Beriev of the cold war period, also used by the Chinese PLAF , should be available soon!. Nice VC and nicely done with a variety of textures as well! Looks like a Martin but it is not a copy at all. Fuselage is much bigger and boxier (to carry variety of loads) - the gull wings and twin tail fins - common outcome to same problem in flying boats - keeping the props and empenage out of spray and waves! Not sure when it will be finalised but looking good. This about a 150kt cruise machine - range not sure has automixture!

This C172FP by AF Scrub is also out. Nice job. Available from SimAviation.com

Do you have more screenshots and info about this? I can’t find a site called “simru.us”.

Thanks.

This Russian Beriev Be-6 a conversion of a SimRu.us. This is a Russian Beriev of the cold war period, also used by the Chinese PLAF , should be available soon!. Nice VC and nicely done with a variety of textures as well! Looks like a Martin but it is not a copy at all. Fuselage is much bigger and boxier (to carry variety of loads) - the gull wings and twin tail fins - common outcome to same problem in flying boats - keeping the props and empenage out of spray and waves! Not sure when it will be finalised but looking good. This about a 150kt cruise machine - range not sure has automixture!

Sean this is a conversion sent to me for some testing and checks - The plan is to get it out for the community, not sure when but there are just a couple of things to fix (not show stoppers) but the metric instrumentation and cyrillic script all over is a bit daunting but once you get used to it ok. I think they wanted me to do the package for SOH but still awaiting outcome. Yes I will fire up the sim and get some more screenshots.

Ok here is another paint and two interior shots of the VC. The VC is all operational by the way.

Beriev Flying Boats

I have not heard about the final release of the BE-6 but the BE-12 (Turboprop version) has been released and is at SimAviation for those interested.

B314 Updated

The updated version of the B314 is now available see the thread on the B314 elsewhere here.

Here is the B314 at Daryl's Island in Bermuda

FB Scenery Package B314 Routes

Sometime ago I put in the library my Flying Boat Bases package which covers a lot but not all of the flying boat bases from this period (Well the Imperial Airways, Pan AM and RAF ones). They were originally done for FSX but in the main part worked just fine in P3DV5 providing you have all the relevant library's from others installed in your addon scenery directory or where ever you keep them (the list and which ones is covered in the notes with the package) without those libaries you will not see many of the objects etc but the locatiosn were all done using ADE so they are proper airport locations and come up in P3D without issues. I am going to rework these all and try and get back an number that had a bgl format that P3D did not like (obscure WW2 places) but it is a WIP.

Any for those with lots of time on their hands who want to fly the B314 routes (same as all the other types flew long over water flying) here are some shots of some of the bases in P3D for information.

The first is Kingmans Reef in the Pacific - you need to use lat and long of the reef to find it.

This is the Pan Am Base at Pearl Harbour

FB Scenery Package Locations

Here is Treasure Island in San Francisco (missing Hangars for some reason at moment)

This is Plum Point Port Washington NYC the Pan Am Base (they also had a marine terminal at La Guardia - not done)

and Botwood in New Foundland

I think they call this a SORD of Mallards. Here a 3 more that now grace the P3D world.

Flysimware's Widgeon (Thanks to Wombat666 for reminding me about this one.

Milton Schupes Piston Mallard (I am using the FSX version without issues have some hiccups with the P3D version)

Milton Schupes Turbine Mallard (Again FSX version with no issues)

Beriev BE-6 Released

The Beriev BE-6 for FSX/P3D has been released you can find it at SimAviation. A good collection of paints come with the package. Nicely done. Alas no english guages but is not that hard to work out!

Somewhere near Kamchatka - scenery from AvsimRu.

Gray Eagle - is that the old Virtavia Mariner? There were promises of a new one by others some time ago but no progress seems to have been made on it - shame!. Like the scenery background have not seen that before!

Gray Eagle - is that the old Virtavia Mariner?
    It is.

Like the scenery background have not seen that before!
    It is San Diego bay. Near Point Loma.

Ah I will have to go look for it! There was addon scenery with the Beriev some Russian ships, subs and oil platforms - guess I have to go and find them as well in the either they are in Baltiysk, Kaliningrad. and the oil rig are in the area of the Kamchatka peninsula - Bit of maritime search work fun!

I roughly converted the old Alphasim Martin Mars from FS9 for v4 and put a more recent livery on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mars.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	515.3 KB 
ID:	82827

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Members who have read this thread: 6