New update out V1.11.6.0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New update out V1.11.6.0

New update out V1.11.6.0

Release Notes (1.11.5.0 1.11.6.0) World Update II: U.S. Now Available!

For details see: https://www.flightsimulator.com/release-notes-1-11-5-0/

3 steps forward... 2 steps back...
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; November 25th, 2020 at 08:35. Reason: Mod edit to reflect actual patch version.

Downloading now! 12.75GiB...Big update. Feel sorry for you folks with slow internet. Love the splash screen with Monument Valley.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Hope this fixes some issues.. Didn't have a single flight yesterday without running into minor or major bugs, and I'm thinking of binning this game for a few months...
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Downloading 1.11.6.0
    Getting better and better, hope....

Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    Downloading now! 12.75GiB...Big update. Feel sorry for you folks with slow internet. Love the splash screen with Monument Valley.
    At least now they won't be advertising a discovery flight that got removed...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

And looking at the release notes, it looks like more than half of my downloaded sceneries are now obsolete. Currently at 160/162 new packages, then on to the "Optional" US update
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I only get a 300 mb update through Steam, but nothing else...?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Downloading the US update now. The screenshot of Biltmore Estate looks fantastic!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    I only get a 300 mb update through Steam, but nothing else...?
    Once you get the small update, start the sim...then you get the 12 Gig download. Then go to the Marketplace and get the US update, another 4+ gigs. Took me a total of about 45 minutes to download everything. Be sure to restart your computer after updating.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Good thing I installed MSFS on a new 2Tb SSD, it keeps growing...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

And don't forget to go into the Content Manager to get more updates there. Most packages from the Japan Update had their own updates pending there too.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Good thing I installed MSFS on a new 2Tb SSD, it keeps growing...
    Most new items aren't all that big. Most of what's downloaded overwrites previous files.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Hi,
    Hopeless, the "mouse rectangle" are still not corrected ... deliberate will of Asobo

Better fluidity, improved management of wheel friction on the ground to be noted. Concerning the SDK very little improvement:
    SDK release 0.8.0
    SDK changes

Documentation:
    The WebAssembly documentation has been revamped to include information about standalone WASM modules.
    Samples:
    Added GDI+ version of the GaugeAircraft sample.
    Added StandaloneModule sample.

Developer mode changes

Project Editor:
    Export All button created to properly export the packages for Community and Marketplace.
    The associated documentation is available in the Export Window section.

Note: Without using this button, the generated packages may not work as expected.

The ESC key now closes the Add Package window.
    Added Show in explorer button to open the project directory.
    Fixed Build process which was non-deterministic in some cases.
    Fixed crash after a Clean All on an aircraft project.
    Fixed the possibility to have spaces in files names (detected with the Export All process which is now mandatory).
    Aircraft Editor:
    Fixed [FLAPS] section in case of creating new flaps starting from none.
    Added display of GUID for [CAMERAS] debug.
    Scenery Editor:
    Added runway ILS Edition.
    Aircraft:
    Added new way to force using legacy tables through prop_uselegacytables.
    General:
    Added an auto-hide fonctionality.
    Added Debug LOD option.
    Fixed the ALT + F4 on an [ImGui] window which does not enable to re-open it.

Did they fix the problems of the engine quitting when you escape out and go back in? I think it was turning the mixture to 0% every time I came back in while trying to make control adjustments in flight.

>" the "mouse rectangle" are still not corrected ... deliberate will of Asobo"

I think they realise that FSX imports are still more interesting than the native aircraft...
    Cheers
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Did they fix the problems of the engine quitting when you escape out and go back in? I think it was turning the mixture to 0% every time I came back in while trying to make control adjustments in flight.
    Found out yesterday you can overspeed and overstress an aircraft while on Active pause.....

Also found out you can set two keys for pause on/off in the options, which should prevent those kind of problems. And you can still take screenshots while using 'regular' pause.

Once you get the small update, start the sim...then you get the 12 Gig download. Then go to the Marketplace and get the US update, another 4+ gigs. Took me a total of about 45 minutes to download everything. Be sure to restart your computer after updating.
    Nope, not working, and I can't access the marketplace anymore...

Stupid $120 piece of beta junk software...

Nope, not working, and I can't access the marketplace anymore...Stupid $120 piece of beta junk software...
    This problem may be related to 3rd party freeware in your community folder if you have them. Took me a while to sort out the problem add-on(s). But start by removing everything from the community folder into a backup. Restart FS2020 and see if your marketplace appears. -d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Just tried the update from the Microsoft Store, downloaded 1GB and restarted MSFS 2020. Now I get music with a black screen. No picture at all. Guess I will try a complete new install. I agree with Ferry_vO, not very happy with what could be a very good sim.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    This problem may be related to 3rd party freeware in your community folder if you have them.
    Nope, doesn't help.

Well sorry to read that. The update is quite nice.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

have just install the thing over the weekend, this is the first 'update' I've experienced, and it went fairly well in that it seems to have worked. I no longer see Mt Fuji for 5 minutes, now I see monument valley instead. I'm afraid I don't notice what's fixed or different as I'm still getting up and running more or less. I'm still in that dazed state where part of me is saying "the visuals are outstanding" and another part of me is saying "where are all the pop-up panels and gauges -- you mean I have to do everything in the VC?" Long road ahead, but that's ok.

- dcc
    - -

Nope, not working, and I can't access the marketplace anymore...

Stupid $120 piece of beta junk software...
    Everytime I fly the sim its simply jaw dropping! Ive had it since day one and sure theres issues but I choose not to dwell on them and find something else to enjoy in it. Many thanks to Asobo on the continuous work.

Tom, I had the black screen with music. There was no blue bar, just a totally black screen with music. I waited a little over an hour. (Went to do something else to give it plenty of time to load). After having this happen multiple times I decided to do a completely new install after removing everything. That solved the problem. I am up and running again. Have no idea why this happened. I have done several updates with no issues. Wish I could explain what happened but no joy.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Mine went smoothly for the first time in ages. I did learn one thing: When you kmow there's an update on it's way, make sure your bandwidth limiter is set to 'unlimited'. In the past, I left it at 40 mb/s and I got numerous failures and restarts of downloading large packages. Today, set up unlimited, everything downloaded flawlessly.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

I ended up having photo scenery absent most 3d building objects after the update. Turns out it was the 3rd party "Buildings-Fix-DfltLod (1.9.3)" folder in the community folder that was the likely culprit. I removed it, everything went back to normal. I see some improvements over the previous version but have not taken flight over the new scenery locations. I do see most of the original scenery elevation errors in my home State (NC) are still present for now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 2