New update out V1.11.6.0 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New update out V1.11.6.0

In the meantime, developers need to sell to survive. They can't live on "patience". The only products most have to sell and more importantly, are faster to develop new are for the FSX/P3D platform. If nobody wants to buy then those devs will begin to fade.
    I've just started buying P3D aircraft again (none since getting into the MSFS alpha), but only those I know can be imported well into MSFS.
    I don't know if there is any mileage in developers publishing the results of imports...Flight Replicas have done so on their facebook page and I just bought 3 of their aircraft. I'll use them in P3D too of course.

Some of the JF/AH aircraft don't import successfully due to the copy protection, which is fair do's, but I'd probably buy the C119 if I knew the JF variant imported...

Another option is to offer an upgrade to MSFS with P3D products - PMDG did that for their 737 for a while.

Cheers
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    That's all well and good for subsonic aircraft, but when you only develop supersonic aircraft and have no subsonic aircraft in your model pipeline, it's a bit of a problem when MSFS still doesn't support supersonic flight models and engines in a way detailed enough to make realistic supersonic flight.
    In real life aviation had to wait for supersonic flight to materialize for quite some time. Just like Chuck Yeager needed a broomstick to close the door in his Bell X1, apparently the boys at MS/Asobo need a dooropener as well to make supersonic flight happen in MSFS. So all the more realistic if you ask me. One step at a time. Rome wasn't build in a day and all that sort of thing. Like Chuck Yeager they'll find one, i'm sure.

Tip (if i may) : start thinking about developing subsonic planes too, preferable range between 120 and 180 IAS, that's where MSFS really shines.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    ..to make place for new ones to materialize. It's called evolution and that's a good thing, otherwise we'd all still be living in a cave without our precious computers (we're going to regret some day that we invented these things..)

I believe many simmers still use FS9 or even earlier iterations of our favourite flying toy. That might well go on far into the forseeable future and no doubt will be the same re FSX and P3D. Nothing wrong with that.

With MSFS we are entering an almost totally new virtual flying world. An evolution in its own right. ( "A small step for men, a giant leap for mankind" springs to mind. ;-) One needs to step into this new world with an open mind. Forget about FS9/FSX/P3D. This is an all new ball game with all new players both 'in the field and on the grandstand'.

I, for one, still cannot describe the totally different feeling i have during a virtual flight with MSFS compared to everything i experienced before with any flightsim of the 'older generation', eventhough the virtual plane itself doesn't mean that much to me ( i can certainly wait for things to come with a thing like MSFS to enjoy the waiting). It finally feels like flying and that's what it's all about, isn't it.

I guess i just wanna say C'mon Barry get that C-47 MSFS' air worthy !
    Except have you seen any new people come in to take up the mantle recently. Like to the numbers we saw when FS2004 > FSX? I dont think you will. The amount of time : ROI is too weighted on the time side to make it viable to most other than a hobbyist who has the time ( who has that nowadays ) who still not only possibly learn the new development process but the actual techniques of making a plane and using the software. Coupled with the raised bar of the stock aircraft and the communities tendency to cut-down anything that doesnt fit within a very slim set of parameters... well why would anyone do it.

My personal opinion is that once Xbox comes in there will be a flow of content. Sure the content might not be what the current community is used to but it will be what the new community will want. Maybe the community will need to change it's thinking like the devs have needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

I guess i just wanna say C'mon Barry get that C-47 MSFS' air worthy !
    It's happening mate. However, we do have a duty of care to our P3D customers with a major upgrade to the C47/DC3, Sabreliner completion and release and the Zlin-Z50LS completion and release. These come first so we can eat and the children have shoes...

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    Except have you seen any new people come in to take up the mantle recently. Like to the numbers we saw when FS2004 > FSX? I dont think you will. The amount of time : ROI is too weighted on the time side to make it viable to most other than a hobbyist who has the time ( who has that nowadays ) who still not only possibly learn the new development process but the actual techniques of making a plane and using the software. Coupled with the raised bar of the stock aircraft and the communities tendency to cut-down anything that doesnt fit within a very slim set of parameters... well why would anyone do it.
    Tell me about it, Pilto. I come from the FS9->FSX dev era, sitting on the fench for this next, much bigger step. And i am certainly not looking for/expecting 'numbers' of new or converted MSFS flying stuff. I am already childishly happy with Dino's early contributions Long EZ and MB339 (i know he started development during MSFS early alpha stage), Carenado's M20 and looking forward to their Seminole and a hop in the Bleriot. I think the future looks bright and cool too.

My personal opinion is that once Xbox comes in there will be a flow of content. Sure the content might not be what the current community is used to but it will be what the new community will want. Maybe the community will need to change it's thinking like the devs have needed to.
    Well, that's what i was more or less trying to convey from that soapbox. Despite its current shortcomings and bugs ( of which, regarding the latter, i have to shamefully admit i know just about nothing, which might be caused by the fact that i fly strictly VOR, no airliners or business jets please. That'll come i'm sure) MSFS is the bright new day we've all been waiting for (well, haven't we !!???....) and personally can't help wanting to shout it from the highest hill.

I say fasten your seatbelts and enjoy it ! If you hate glass cockpits or not ! (sorry, that's just some selfreflection ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    It's happening mate. However, we do have a duty of care to our P3D customers with a major upgrade to the C47/DC3, Sabreliner completion and release and the Zlin-Z50LS completion and release. These come first so we can eat and the children have shoes...
    Certainly ! And lots of prosperity and success with that, Barry ! (sorry, i just miss the ol' Gooney.. ;-)

It's funny to think about having been a 'P3D customer' too... I remember being overly happy with the release of 64bit P3Dv4 which was a huge step forward compared to FSX and kind of a foresight about what might be in the pipeline for us flightsimmers. And boy has that come to fruition !

Good things come to those who wait. I'm fully aware of that, thanks, Barry !

Members who have read this thread: 2