SWS F4 Phantom - Drag-chute issue
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: SWS F4 Phantom - Drag-chute issue

  1. #1

    SWS F4 Phantom - Drag-chute issue

    Hello everyone!
    I'm just curious if someone has this problem with SWS Phantom :
    after a successfull landing with the right speed/AOA when I deploy the drag-chute pulling the lever inside the VC the aircraft starts to accellerate and takes - off (with the drag-chute open) - I have no more
    control on throttle. I've written to SWS support one month ago but no answer from them up to now.
    The more you do, the less you dream

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I'm just curious if someone has this problem with SWS Phantom :
    after a successfull landing with the right speed/AOA when I deploy the drag-chute pulling the lever inside the VC the aircraft starts to accellerate and takes - off (with the drag-chute open) - I have no more
    control on throttle. I've written to SWS support one month ago but no answer from them up to now.
    yes, I also have this problem with the SWS Phantom, although I never did anything about it as the price was right in the first place (they gave it away for free).

  3. #3
    Try contacting SWS again. I got great customer service support from Alex (SIR_RIPPER here at SOH) when I bought the original release of the Phantom in 2016.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Try contacting SWS again. I got great customer service support from Alex (SIR_RIPPER here at SOH) when I bought the original release of the Phantom in 2016.
    Unable to login at my SWS account, a message tell me that my account is temporary suspended ( what does it means?). Maybe they don't give support for users that didn't buy the Phantom when it was
    free. OK, I fully understand but I was going to tell them that I was ready to pay for support
    The more you do, the less you dream

  5. #5
    I think you need to raise a support ticket issue,
    not just post about it in forum, Alex was great with my issues too, which turned out I had to reinstall FSX Acceleration, as Win10 updates had messed up some of the c++ runtime files; (at least, that's what I think) so I was getting things like one gear retracting or only displaying one main gear extended, hook not extending, speedbrakes not retracting...all at random.

    Ttfn

    Pete

  6. #6
    Members +
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    HB, Ca.-Seattle,Wa.-Fujieda-Shizuoka-Japan
    Posts
    17
    I'll check mine. I have it in P3Dv3.4.22.19868

    What version sim you running?

    If the same result I'll drop a support ticket.
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 20H2 Build 19042.630
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)
    Core i7 3770K
    G-Skill Trident X 32GB DDR3 CL7-8-8-24
    Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB
    1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    LG Blue Ray Burner DL
    Rosewill mid tower Challenger
    Antec 650w PSU
    X56 HOTAS
    TrackIR 5 Pro

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by udidwht View Post
    I'll check mine. I have it in P3Dv3.4.22.19868

    What version sim you running?

    If the same result I'll drop a support ticket.
    FSX Gold edition -Windows 7 - 64 bit
    The more you do, the less you dream

  8. #8
    Charter Member 2017 srgalahad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    CYYC or MMSD (GMT -7)
    Posts
    4,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    ... which turned out I had to reinstall FSX Acceleration, as Win10 updates had messed up some of the c++ runtime files; (at least, that's what I think) so I was getting things like one gear retracting or only displaying one main gear extended, hook not extending, speedbrakes not retracting...all at random.

    Ttfn

    Pete
    Pete,
    This is slightly off-topic so I won't mention the aircraft, but I got the same suggestion regarding a similar problem. My question is: Just a re-install of Acceleration? If so, how did you step through it (Remove via Windows? Reinstall from disk?). Any problems with other add-ons after the reinstall?
    Rob

    "To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    Pete,
    This is slightly off-topic so I won't mention the aircraft, but I got the same suggestion regarding a similar problem. My question is: Just a re-install of Acceleration? If so, how did you step through it (Remove via Windows? Reinstall from disk?). Any problems with other add-ons after the reinstall?
    Rob
    I just re-installed from the disc; there is some er, jiggery-pokery needed to get around the fact that Microsoft have turned off the activation servers (see here

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-0cf5cc2bc83e

    And here https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...lemwindows-10/ )

    Other than that , haven't come across any other issues yet.

    Ttfn

    Pete

Members who have read this thread: 110

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •