So much borrowed from MS Flight..where's that Stearman?

Thread: So much borrowed from MS Flight..where's that Stearman?

So much borrowed from MS Flight..where's that Stearman?

it was funny when I loaded this new sim and right away was shown my old X-BOX live ID and even funnier when I realized that my entire logbook consisted of the hours I spent in the old (apparently EARLY Beta) MS "Flight"

Seems this new one has many of that earlier and much derided 'gamey' sim's challenges and activities - albeit a bit 'smarter' and 'simulation-like'

But here's a question - Where is that beautiful Stearman? and that Vans RV? I spent virtually all of my time in 'Flight' in those two planes and maybe the Carbon Cub but it seems only the Icon A5 was carried over....WHY??

I can't imagine converting planes from "Flight" to MS2020 would be harder than from FSX.

anyone else here not too ashamed to admit they used - and maybe even liked - the ol' MS Flight? anyone else missing that Stearman? it had nice liveries too
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Originally Posted by heywooood
    anyone else here not too ashamed to admit they used - and maybe even liked - the ol' MS Flight? anyone else missing that Stearman? it had nice liveries too [/QUOTE]

You bet ! Absofactly ! Btw, good to see you here Heywoood. I've been here all along.

MSFlight was a black page in the history book of FS. A smack in the face of all FS enthusiasts. Still it gave me one of the best flightsim experiences i have ever had since Sublogic Flightsimulator II (i still have the C64 tape and booklets ;-)

You speak about the Vans RV10, right ? Did you ever flew 'the mission' where you'd have to take this astronomer up above the cloud deck in the RV10 so he could shoot photo's of an astronomical event ? In my FS book i have never experienced such a realistic and thrilling encounter as when we were struggling to climb out of the clouds, last shreds of clouds whizzing by the canopy which started to show the cracklings in the glass because of the sudden bright sun bursting onto the canopy.

Truly a sad thing to have to say goodbye to this. I'm sure you'll agree with me if you have flown this particular mission as well. That, and of course, like you say, flying the MSFlight Stearman.

Always hoped that Dovetail Games would've chosen MSFlight as a base for their sadly perished flightsimulator adventure but who cares now éh ? Now that we've got MSFS ! ( i find it truly amazing but i have yet to experience a 'climbing out of the deck' experience like i described above. It'll come, i'm sure.

Cheers,
    Jan

lol - ALL OF THE ABOVE - yes !

some of the best flight sim experiences I ever had...I even participated in some multi-player group flights in that sim. (the only time I've ever done that)
    enter..the Sandman

Yep, it was Flight that got me back into 'civilian' simulators, loved the Vans and Stearman.

But the GAS Stearman imports well, and I think I had a Vans working, forget which one.
    Just need some adventures
    Cheers
    Keith

the GAS Stearman? the cropduster too?

and where can these files be found please?
    enter..the Sandman

FYI, I know GAS is working on getting their planes into MSFS. Just saying. Ken

You have to convert it yourself using the legacy converter, the cropduster demo works in MSFS so you can try-before buy
    Cheers
    Keith

oh oh - I had forgotten about this thread - now I see I misspoke and need to clarify.

I know payware cannot be converted and handed out to folks freely.
    I had most of the GAS planes in FSX but all was lost when that PC and the connected backup disc were fried by a massive power surge. The transformer on the pole just across the alley from my house exploded last year quite suddenly.

I have asked Paul and the team at GAS if I could rejoin the as a beta tester after my involuntary hiatus and am aware that Paul may convert and also develop dedicated new planes for FS2020. I hope to incorporate them ASAP either way.

Hopefully no one has gotten the wrong idea from my poorly worded remarks above - what I meant to say is - where does one go to find a way to convert legacy aircraft files?
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    oh oh - I had forgotten about this thread - now I see I misspoke and need to clarify.

I know payware cannot be converted and handed out to folks freely.
    I had most of the GAS planes in FSX but all was lost when that PC and the connected backup disc were fried by a massive power surge. The transformer on the pole just across the alley from my house exploded last year quite suddenly.

I have asked Paul and the team at GAS if I could rejoin the as a beta tester after my involuntary hiatus and am aware that Paul may convert and also develop dedicated new planes for FS2020. I hope to incorporate them ASAP either way.

Hopefully no one has gotten the wrong idea from my poorly worded remarks above - what I meant to say is - where does one go to find a way to convert legacy aircraft files?
    Getting up to speed with MSFS is next on the list and I do plan on getting a conversion of the Stearman as one of the early projects. Thanks for reminding folks that converting payware models for any purpose on there than personal use in no bueno regardless of the developer. Some functionality like the configuration manager won’t cross over and still issues with mouse hot points persist but mapping keyboard command trigger the animations. More to come

I'm excited to see what's next in the pipeline from GAS and to hear that your Stearman kit is being brought forward to MSFS2020 - I miss them all from the Super to the 'Duster and all in between. It is a thorough contribution to flight simming and a proper homage
    to Lloyd and Boeing! I hope your team will be able transition your development to the new sim with minimal hardship, Skipper
    enter..the Sandman

The stearman is my first hope, but a PT-22 would be an amazing choice for MSFS, too! Great visibility!

Good luck on your endeavors, I'll be there when it's (they are?) ready!

Members who have read this thread: 0