Thrustmaster 16000

Thread: Thrustmaster 16000

Thrustmaster 16000

Any of you guys using this? I have had one for a while and like the selection of buttons and the heavier weight, but I cannot get it to trim neutral. I use the software to get it set and then in the sim the A/C wants to nose down so I either have to hold nose up with the stick or set the trim each time with the trim buttons I have set on the stick.
    Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    Any of you guys using this? I have had one for a while and like the selection of buttons and the heavier weight, but I cannot get it to trim neutral. I use the software to get it set and then in the sim the A/C wants to nose down so I either have to hold nose up with the stick or set the trim each time with the trim buttons I have set on the stick.
    Any ideas?

Mine does the same when using the keyboard trims, - it will trim to neutral though as long as I don't use any elevator - then the moment I touch the elevator, it loses the trim.

the trims on the joystick work ok though - on mine they are the 2 of the buttons on the left side group of 6.

RWILLS
    I had not noticed the difference. I will have to check that out. I do have trim set on the buttons on the joystick. I will see if they hold through the mission. Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    RWILLS
    I had not noticed the difference. I will have to check that out. I do have trim set on the buttons on the joystick. I will see if they hold through the mission. Thanks for the input.
    Any progress with that?

RWILLS
    Been busy and haven't yet tested. Will try this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by RWILLS View Post
    Mine does the same when using the keyboard trims, - it will trim to neutral though as long as I don't use any elevator - then the moment I touch the elevator, it loses the trim. the trims on the joystick work ok though - on mine they are the 2 of the buttons on the left side group of 6.
    I don't recall my trim neutralizing when I use the elevators. I'll have to look more closely. I have 2 buttons on my X52 set for elevator trim. They seem to trim in large increments and then I "fine tune" using the number keys.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

RWILLS
    Seems to work OK in one set of missions. I will try in another install and another A/C.

Members who have read this thread: 0