submarines

Thread: submarines

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

submarines

Has anyone made a sub that fires torpedoes?

Don't think so Ted?
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

There is one somewhere. Reg's Hangar maybe?

SOH-CM-2020
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw your thread about the North Sea convoys. There have been numerous iterations over the years. Sub_gun springs to mind. Also was it LiquidChicken who put in some gunstations modelled as torpedo tubes in some of his destroyers and cruisers? The tubes could pan but obviously had no need to elevate. Presumably they used some version of sub_gun.xdp.

That gun presumably occupies the front gunstation in the m3d for the sub, the stock g_submarine could be modified. Don't know if the GC sub is a new model or a modification of a stock one. Sometimes a splash effect is added as a muzzle flash, to show up when the gun "fires". And then there are a whole host of different torpedo explosion effects. For the sub round, I wonder if a thin trailing wake effect could be used as a tracereffect? Presumably that is what is used for the stock torpedos?

Ooops, bit embarrassing, being part of Reg's hangar and a G Crew member, I completely forgot Greg had done some!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

What I want to know is what's Ted's interest in submarines.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Icon5

Ted,
    I appreciate you're more than capable of making your own models.

But if you would like some superbly detailed and texured subs (think of Silent Hunter), and save a lot of work, just let me know.

Cheers

Shessi

G'day all..

I did try and get torpedo launchers working on the Mogami and generic destroyer's i did some time back..found that I could get them to track a target,but could never seem to get them to fire a visible round,I think I did get a steam effect working when firing though..wow,will have to go back and have a look at it all again as I've been away from gmax for a while (too much real world stuff going on as usual..). I think the biggest issue I was having was the dummy points weren't placed/linked correctly,or I was trying to hard to get a steam and splash effect to work..the driveable u-boat was about as close as i saw to being a workable set up..

cheers!,Jason..

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidchicken View Post
    G'day all..

I did try and get torpedo launchers working on the Mogami and generic destroyer's i did some time back..found that I could get them to track a target,but could never seem to get them to fire a visible round,I think I did get a steam effect working when firing though..wow,will have to go back and have a look at it all again as I've been away from gmax for a while (too much real world stuff going on as usual..). I think the biggest issue I was having was the dummy points weren't placed/linked correctly,or I was trying to hard to get a steam and splash effect to work..the driveable u-boat was about as close as i saw to being a workable set up..

cheers!,Jason..
    Greetings! Great to have you pop in, we all seem to suffer from Real World things recently

Members who have read this thread: 0