F-14A is finally here!

Thread: F-14A is finally here!

F-14A is finally here!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Now me and the madlads in the Mig-21 can get a little closer before we get Phoenix'd back to the viking era!
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

It's a lot of fun! The new sound files are really great. The only thing I took note of was that the engines seem to be not as sensitive to RPM/Air Pressure changes that lead to compressor stalls and flame outs as much as we saw on the Aerosoft F-14A. Not sure if the coding is set in for that yet but it seems that it isn't. I did everything I could to get the engines to stall but they didn't. It does clearly fly like it has far less thrust than the B model which is correct. it flies very well, actually very predictable but still unforgiving to ham-handed flying. Can't wait to see some vintage A model skins for it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Awesome shots Rick! Storm,I'm not noticing much of a change between The A and B model.Of Course this is only doing a handful of traps on The Lincoln....most of my time yesterday was remapping my HOTAS Controls that got totally wiped out by the update.

Patrick

You don't need to remap the HOTAS. Just go into your saved games folder and find the CONFIG folder. go to the "F-14B" and rename it "F-14". Done. Old Controls back in business.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Man SOH really needs to setup a Discord. I had actually setup a complete Discord for them hoping that they would want use it. Things like this can be easily solved real time.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    You don't need to remap the HOTAS. Just go into your saved games folder and find the CONFIG folder. go to the "F-14B" and rename it "F-14". Done. Old Controls back in business.
    I was going to try that but my control config got overwritten as well. In game, there is a single F-14 control page, not one for each type. Had I known it was going to be set up like that, I would have backed up my original file.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also looking forward to adding the early A paints in. I think we will see some changes to the engine numbers based on the DCS forums, but if one is comfortable in the B and pays attention it's a non-event. First flight was fine with AAR, formation and some boat action, no issues but then again I had prepared by giving myself engine failures in the B. I felt the Aerosoft engine was slightly on the extreme side of modeled failures, but I got good at air-starts! In a way, the FSX/P3D F-14 is the simulator for "real" jet in DCS.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Great to know for nxt time,Thanks Rick.

Patrick

There's only one config. This is how I recovered mine.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Must say the A model feels a much nicer ride, I found the B to have too much power.

The stock liveries look great always loved the Sundowners livery, this module really is a thing of beauty.

Trouble is takes me away from modelling for P3D again

Members who have read this thread: 0