Incoming Update?

Thread: Incoming Update?

Incoming Update?

Do I see an update incoming?

Or am I misreading the message?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-11-17.jpg   2020-11-17 (2).jpg  

Wink

Yes there was a very small update , some kB only ! Maybe we can skip "the store" after this now ~ before the big update patch coming ?

Yep - looks like there's going to be another large-d/l update coming. All of the planes are set to be updated, which is a little bit of a bummer, since I have several edits in place in the Official folders to change steering angles and activate differential braking on the tricycle planes. Why MS/Asobo didn't enable diff braking on all planes, I'll never know.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I have had two updates over the last couple of days, one was fairly large, the other very small. I also updated Dino's MB-339 which is running great now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The big one is supposed to be Tuesday, and includes the US update (and a glider apparently )

How come you're doing your updates in the main folder?

I'll definitely admit, their development process seems quite haphazard. I would have imagined a template for aircraft development, but it seems more like a bunch of people developed stuff individually, and they were rushed and forgot stuff. Lots of stuff.. And, on top of that, used different methods to get the same things done, hence why liveries work one way with some aircraft, but something different for others. I have not found a consistent path to get a livery to work. Sometimes propdefs is needed as the dependency, sometimes the aircraft. It's a little frustrating. Hence, I've been spending more time flying and less developing...

Wait...

Maybe that's a good thing?

Funny...

In the past, people were complaining that "patches" were were far and between... if any!

I personally think that Community folder should be the only one we fiddle with while any twirk we would like to see in Official folder should be asked via Zendesk.

Having been on dial-up for so long has teach me patience.
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    How come you're doing your updates in the main folder?
    I guess you were asking me... It's easier to just change two digits in the Official section than it is to jump through all the different hoops required to get something working in the community folder. I make backups of every file that I alter, just in case.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0