Nav tools

Thread: Nav tools

Nav tools

Downloaded Plan-G version 4 (Alpha) today, which has FS2020 support. I sure was missing that program! I need something with a bit more features than that world thing that comes with the sim... Plan-g V4 Alpha seems to work fine so far. In Googling for Plan-G I ran across something called Littlenavmap. Never heard of this one before but it looks pretty good. Has anyone used both? Which do you like better?

Plan-G
    Littlenavmap
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

I hear a lot about LittleNavmap over at the official forums, and they seem to like it. I've never used either one.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

i am using Fstramp. It,s a bit expensive but i fell in love with it a long time ago (when it was called fsnav and it was free) and i cant live without it

http://www.fstramp.com/

Paul,
    I can't comment on the MSFS version, but I use LNM in FSX and couldn't go back to anything else.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    i am using Fstramp. It,s a bit expensive but i fell in love with it a long time ago (when it was called fsnav and it was free) and i cant live without it

http://www.fstramp.com/
    I remember FSnav. Good that they are still around, if not still free!
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    Paul,
    I can't comment on the MSFS version, but I use LNM in FSX and couldn't go back to anything else.
    I had never even heard of it until now. I installed the new version that supports FS2020. Looks pretty good. But I do like Plan-G. That program keeps getting better.
    HP Reverb G2

If you've got an Android Tablet or phone, I've been using the program I use for flight planning and flying in the real world with MSFS...

Avare - which gives you access to the free NOAA Sectionals and charts etc...
    And

XCONN v0.5

You'll also need to install the old Simconnect... whose links and setup instructions you can find here Instructions

Once you've installed the 3 Simmconnect installs and setup Xconn with the correct values...

You do NOT need the Avare I/O plugin anymore. Avare has those tools built in. To set up Avare to use the output of Xconn, just give Xconn the IP address of your tablet or phone, and go into Avare, Select Menu/Preferences/GPS/GPS Position Source/Avare IO Module Only, then make sure the Menu/Navigate-Simulation button says Navigate, and it should connect and you can fly and use the geo-referenced charts and flight planning tools of Avare for anywhere in the US (and Canada kind of I think).

I wrote complete instructions here https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...to-msfs/307216

while speaking of Nav tools, is there a way for the gps to retain a waypoint once reached in order to circuit/loiter like fsx/p3d or is it just that?

Members who have read this thread: 0