Live Weather?

Thread: Live Weather?

Live Weather?

Flying out of KDEN, METAR had winds 270 at 20 gust 30. MSFS live weather had winds 267 at 12...

live weather? Really?

It should be close, but it's never going to be up to the minute accurate. I'm happy as long as it's close. There for a while, live weather wasn't giving any altimeter setting but 29.92 - either it wasn't being fed the pressure from the source, or it wasn't reading it correctly. And this last update finally got rid of the partly cloudy lightning. FS2020 gets its weather from a combination of MeteoBlue and METAR reports. Even the chiefs at MeteoBlue will tell you that it's never going to be 100% right, but they're doing their best to get it as close as possible.

Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    Flying out of KDEN, METAR had winds 270 at 20 gust 30. MSFS live weather had winds 267 at 12...

live weather? Really?
    A METAR is a weather estimate, updated at station every 30 minutes or so. The sim's weather was within 3 degrees and a few knots of the station's weather estimate, highly accurate in other words. Wind speed and direction is variable at all times, everywhere on earth. I also noticed that a small pond near where I live was the wrong shade of green - appalling inaccuracy!
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Members who have read this thread: 0