Rob Richardson
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rob Richardson

Rob Richardson

Rob has been a prolific modeler for many years, making available to us many of the classic British Fighters we've enjoyed flying, all as Freeware. Sadly he has decided to take down his Website for several reasons, one of those being his desire to learn the intricacies of modeling for MS2020. As he told me, with only a partial SDK it could be months before he is able to delve into modeling airplanes for the new sim and keeping a website going for FSX and P3D aircraft wasn't something he wanted to continue doing.

He also said that any of his current aircraft can still be made available by request. If you don't have his email addy PM me and I can send it to you. Finally he did let me know that any new projects would be posted in the Sim-Outhouse, so we still get to see what he's working on "first-hand". Join me in thanking Rob for his work over the years and best wishes for his future endeavors! Thanks Rob!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thanks Rob.
    I've enjoyed your planes for many years and look forward to your future MSFS releases
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Thank you Rob and best wishes going forward.

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Rob has been a prolific modeler for many years, making available to us many of the classic British Fighters we've enjoyed flying, all as Freeware. Sadly he has decided to take down his Website for several reasons, one of those being his desire to learn the intricacies of modeling for MS2020. As he told me, with only a partial SDK it could be months before he is able to delve into modeling airplanes for the new sim and keeping a website going for FSX and P3D aircraft wasn't something he wanted to continue doing.

He also said that any of his current aircraft can still be made available by request. If you don't have his email addy PM me and I can send it to you. Finally he did let me know that any new projects would be posted in the Sim-Outhouse, so we still get to see what he's working on "first-hand". Join me in thanking Rob for his work over the years and best wishes for his future endeavors! Thanks Rob!
    I for one, join you in thanking Rob for his work Ed.

i'm also extremely greatful for his choice to move forward and embrace a current sim, having to leave the legacy sims behind. A difficult choice indeed!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Good luck and thank you Rob, I didnt move from FS9 to FSX for about 5 years until Rob started releasing his Meteors and Vampire's, and they've been my favorites ever since Maybe another 5 years or so, i'll move to 2020 and i will catch up with your furture creation's untill then, have a virtual beer on me.

PS, just noticed the Shackleton has gone up in the SOH library

Rob: I have enjoyed your for many years and I am sure for many years to come, and I will look forward to see your future work. Thank You very much, God Bless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Please add my thanks to Rob for his generosity! I've logged countless hours in his fantastic two-seat Cougar, my personal favorite of his works. I'm waiting a while on MSFS (need to save for a new rig, want to let the software stabilize), but I'm glad to hear that Rob's work will be waiting when I get there!
    America never stopped being great.

Quote Originally Posted by nagpaw View Post
    Please add my thanks to Rob for his generosity! I've logged countless hours in his fantastic two-seat Cougar, my personal favorite of his works. I'm waiting a while on MSFS (need to save for a new rig, want to let the software stabilize), but I'm glad to hear that Rob's work will be waiting when I get there!
    I too am glad he tackled the Cougar, and then went on to do the two seater as well! Just wish the photo version worked in FSX but alas. Sometime next year I plan on getting a second computer with a good video card so I can try FS2020. The landscapes and planes look amazing!

You bet Ed. thank you Mr. Richardson

Robert has done so many beautiful planes for us! Thank you very much!

Cees

Thanks rob all your planes are wonderful to fly,appreciate your generosity,and hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    I too am glad he tackled the Cougar, and then went on to do the two seater as well! Just wish the photo version worked in FSX but alas. Sometime next year I plan on getting a second computer with a good video card so I can try FS2020. The landscapes and planes look amazing!
    Will post an FSX version of the photo Cougar on this site ASAP.

Rob

Many thanks

Rob, I've enjoyed your planes for many years and will continue to do so for a long time until MSFS gets sorted out. Thank you very much for your many gifts to our community. My heartfelt best wishes to you and yours in the future. Terry

I have several of his aircraft and enjoy using them... Many thanks for your work which is thankless at times. Please don't forget those who are not going to uses MSFS. Many thanks again.

SOH-CM-2020
    One of my favorites is Rob's Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer

I'm one of the many that shall miss his creations.

Many thanks Rob for your gift to us.

Pete.

Amongst a select few Rob has a special place in this community with his skill, generosity and willingness to share his fine work. Thank you!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Thank you. Stay inspired, motivated and enjoy this hobby for many more years.

Rob thank you for your generosity over the years. I have especially appreciated your willingness to engage with people about your aircraft. Best wishes for the years ahead.

Mike

Thanks Rob for the many hours of enjoyment you have provided to the community through your hard work and dedication. I have an extensive library of aircraft handbooks and manuals so should you need any research material all you need do is ask.

Best of luck in all future endeavors.

mal

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Thanks Rob for the many hours of enjoyment you have provided to the community through your hard work and dedication. I have an extensive library of aircraft handbooks and manuals so should you need any research material all you need do is ask.

Best of luck in all future endeavors.

mal
    Hi,

Me too, I am a fan of Rob's aircraft, specially the latest spitfires and cougars!

But, do you have some documentation for the Bell P39, version Q was used by French Air Force. Maybe I'll have enough skills to try to do something (lol).

JMC

Yes, thanks for all your hard work Rob, especially for those really interesting but not quite so iconic planes that I don't think
    would otherwise have ever seen the light of day in the flight sims. Your modelling and fde's are always so impressive. I wish
    you the best of luck, and look forward to your future releases. Keep us posted!

Thanks again - RobM

Thanks Rob! Good luck with FS2020!

I spent way too many hours having to way too much fun with your Fairey Barracuda in FSX!

FSX will be the end of the road of flight simming for me and my old computer gaming rig, as the wife tightened up our retirement budget yet again this past month. The wife has given me until the end of December to "decommission" the computer / computer hutch / etc. to make room for new pantry storage shelves.

Tommy

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Rob, you've been my favorite freeware developer for quite some time now. I've countless hours across so many of your wonderful creations (flying and painting) and have nothing but the greatest appreciation for your gifts to the FS community. If I remember correctly, my first ever addon was your Sea Venom, which turned out to be one of the easiest jets to fly form in. Best of luck with the FS2020 addon development, and here's hoping to see that Shorts 330 in the SOH library sometime in the future! Cheers!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N64SF 1.jpg   310 form.jpg   tf9j.jpg  

Hi Rob just wanted to say thanks for all of your hard work over the years for us FSX users.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Thank-you, Rob, for all your wonderful FSX models and dedication to our hobby.

I too, within the next year will make the jump over to MSFS with a new rig and all, but I refuse to be a test pilot in the new sim ATM.

FSX was my first and only sim and the vast variety of scenery, weather and aircraft addons available for it, ... well, just makes the 'jump' to MSFS much harder right now.

I fully intend to keep a functioning FSX copy on my new rig as long as possible - even if just for sentimental reasons. To me, it's like a well known childhood friend.

Just very unfortunate to see a steady parade of very talented developers leaving the FSX realm, in favour of it's younger sibling across the street.

I guess it's called progress, but hey ......... I'm hiding the light switch.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Members who have read this thread: 20