Rob Richardson
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: Rob Richardson

  1. #1

    Rob Richardson

    Rob has been a prolific modeler for many years, making available to us many of the classic British Fighters we've enjoyed flying, all as Freeware. Sadly he has decided to take down his Website for several reasons, one of those being his desire to learn the intricacies of modeling for MS2020. As he told me, with only a partial SDK it could be months before he is able to delve into modeling airplanes for the new sim and keeping a website going for FSX and P3D aircraft wasn't something he wanted to continue doing.

    He also said that any of his current aircraft can still be made available by request. If you don't have his email addy PM me and I can send it to you. Finally he did let me know that any new projects would be posted in the Sim-Outhouse, so we still get to see what he's working on "first-hand". Join me in thanking Rob for his work over the years and best wishes for his future endeavors! Thanks Rob!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

    Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

  2. #2
    Thanks Rob.
    I've enjoyed your planes for many years and look forward to your future MSFS releases
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Rift S
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X55
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

  3. #3
    SOH-CM-2021 Duckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, Georgia, USA
    Age
    72
    Posts
    2,772
    Thank you Rob and best wishes going forward.

    Steve
    Duckie

    "I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

    Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Rob has been a prolific modeler for many years, making available to us many of the classic British Fighters we've enjoyed flying, all as Freeware. Sadly he has decided to take down his Website for several reasons, one of those being his desire to learn the intricacies of modeling for MS2020. As he told me, with only a partial SDK it could be months before he is able to delve into modeling airplanes for the new sim and keeping a website going for FSX and P3D aircraft wasn't something he wanted to continue doing.

    He also said that any of his current aircraft can still be made available by request. If you don't have his email addy PM me and I can send it to you. Finally he did let me know that any new projects would be posted in the Sim-Outhouse, so we still get to see what he's working on "first-hand". Join me in thanking Rob for his work over the years and best wishes for his future endeavors! Thanks Rob!
    I for one, join you in thanking Rob for his work Ed.

    i'm also extremely greatful for his choice to move forward and embrace a current sim, having to leave the legacy sims behind. A difficult choice indeed!

    Priller
    Intel i7 9700K
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Motherboard
    Asus RTX 2080 Super ROG STRIX Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 970 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Western Digital 2TB WD Black Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

  5. #5
    Good luck and thank you Rob, I didnt move from FS9 to FSX for about 5 years until Rob started releasing his Meteors and Vampire's, and they've been my favorites ever since Maybe another 5 years or so, i'll move to 2020 and i will catch up with your furture creation's untill then, have a virtual beer on me.

    PS, just noticed the Shackleton has gone up in the SOH library

  6. #6
    Rob: I have enjoyed your for many years and I am sure for many years to come, and I will look forward to see your future work. Thank You very much, God Bless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    T Square

    The Load Toad

    WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

  7. #7
    Please add my thanks to Rob for his generosity! I've logged countless hours in his fantastic two-seat Cougar, my personal favorite of his works. I'm waiting a while on MSFS (need to save for a new rig, want to let the software stabilize), but I'm glad to hear that Rob's work will be waiting when I get there!
    America never stopped being great.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by nagpaw View Post
    Please add my thanks to Rob for his generosity! I've logged countless hours in his fantastic two-seat Cougar, my personal favorite of his works. I'm waiting a while on MSFS (need to save for a new rig, want to let the software stabilize), but I'm glad to hear that Rob's work will be waiting when I get there!
    I too am glad he tackled the Cougar, and then went on to do the two seater as well! Just wish the photo version worked in FSX but alas. Sometime next year I plan on getting a second computer with a good video card so I can try FS2020. The landscapes and planes look amazing!

  9. #9
    You bet Ed. thank you Mr. Richardson

  10. #10
    SOH-CM-2021 Cees Donker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Zoetermeer, Netherlands
    Age
    65
    Posts
    4,232
    Robert has done so many beautiful planes for us! Thank you very much!



    Cees

  11. #11
    Thanks rob all your planes are wonderful to fly,appreciate your generosity,and hard work.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    I too am glad he tackled the Cougar, and then went on to do the two seater as well! Just wish the photo version worked in FSX but alas. Sometime next year I plan on getting a second computer with a good video card so I can try FS2020. The landscapes and planes look amazing!
    Will post an FSX version of the photo Cougar on this site ASAP.

    Rob

  13. #13

    Many thanks

    Rob, I've enjoyed your planes for many years and will continue to do so for a long time until MSFS gets sorted out. Thank you very much for your many gifts to our community. My heartfelt best wishes to you and yours in the future. Terry

  14. #14
    I have several of his aircraft and enjoy using them... Many thanks for your work which is thankless at times. Please don't forget those who are not going to uses MSFS. Many thanks again.

  15. #15
    SOH-CM-2020
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mt Maunganui, New Zealand
    Age
    71
    Posts
    1,647
    One of my favorites is Rob's Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer

    I'm one of the many that shall miss his creations.

    Many thanks Rob for your gift to us.

    Pete.

  16. #16
    Amongst a select few Rob has a special place in this community with his skill, generosity and willingness to share his fine work. Thank you!
    Well I've been to one World Fair a picnic and a rodeo and that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard come over a set of earphones.

  17. #17
    Thank you. Stay inspired, motivated and enjoy this hobby for many more years.

  18. #18
    Rob thank you for your generosity over the years. I have especially appreciated your willingness to engage with people about your aircraft. Best wishes for the years ahead.

    Mike

  19. #19
    Thanks Rob for the many hours of enjoyment you have provided to the community through your hard work and dedication. I have an extensive library of aircraft handbooks and manuals so should you need any research material all you need do is ask.

    Best of luck in all future endeavors.

    mal

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Thanks Rob for the many hours of enjoyment you have provided to the community through your hard work and dedication. I have an extensive library of aircraft handbooks and manuals so should you need any research material all you need do is ask.

    Best of luck in all future endeavors.

    mal
    Hi,

    Me too, I am a fan of Rob's aircraft, specially the latest spitfires and cougars!

    But, do you have some documentation for the Bell P39, version Q was used by French Air Force. Maybe I'll have enough skills to try to do something (lol).

    JMC

  21. #21
    Yes, thanks for all your hard work Rob, especially for those really interesting but not quite so iconic planes that I don't think
    would otherwise have ever seen the light of day in the flight sims. Your modelling and fde's are always so impressive. I wish
    you the best of luck, and look forward to your future releases. Keep us posted!

    Thanks again - RobM

  22. #22
    Thanks Rob! Good luck with FS2020!

    I spent way too many hours having to way too much fun with your Fairey Barracuda in FSX!

    FSX will be the end of the road of flight simming for me and my old computer gaming rig, as the wife tightened up our retirement budget yet again this past month. The wife has given me until the end of December to "decommission" the computer / computer hutch / etc. to make room for new pantry storage shelves.


    Tommy


    FSX Steam Edition (R.I.P. FSX Acceleration disks)
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram (R.I.P. WIN XP Home Edition, 2 Gigs Ram)
    ASUS P7P55D DeluxeIntel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    G.SKILL KM570 RBG (Cherry MX Blue), Logitech M510
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5 (R.I.P. EVGA GTX 285, 1GB 512-bit DDR3)
    ViewSonic 27" VX2739wm
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1

  23. #23
    Rob, you've been my favorite freeware developer for quite some time now. I've countless hours across so many of your wonderful creations (flying and painting) and have nothing but the greatest appreciation for your gifts to the FS community. If I remember correctly, my first ever addon was your Sea Venom, which turned out to be one of the easiest jets to fly form in. Best of luck with the FS2020 addon development, and here's hoping to see that Shorts 330 in the SOH library sometime in the future! Cheers!





    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N64SF 1.jpg   310 form.jpg   tf9j.jpg  

  24. #24
    Hi Rob just wanted to say thanks for all of your hard work over the years for us FSX users.

    Best of luck in your future endeavors.
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

  25. #25
    Thank-you, Rob, for all your wonderful FSX models and dedication to our hobby.

    I too, within the next year will make the jump over to MSFS with a new rig and all, but I refuse to be a test pilot in the new sim ATM.

    FSX was my first and only sim and the vast variety of scenery, weather and aircraft addons available for it, ... well, just makes the 'jump' to MSFS much harder right now.

    I fully intend to keep a functioning FSX copy on my new rig as long as possible - even if just for sentimental reasons. To me, it's like a well known childhood friend.

    Just very unfortunate to see a steady parade of very talented developers leaving the FSX realm, in favour of it's younger sibling across the street.

    I guess it's called progress, but hey ......... I'm hiding the light switch.
    Cheers,
    MZee

    W7 64Bit, i7 2600, 16GB DDR3, GeForce 1660Ti 6GB, Asus P8Z68-V LX, WD20EARX 2TB (64MB) SATA 3 HDD, Cooler Master GX750, NZXT 'Red' Phantom

Members who have read this thread: 58

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •